UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Arlovski talks 'stupid horrible' flying knee

9/14/13 1:07 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Andrei Arlovski, who fights veteran heavyweight Mike Kyle tonight on World Series of Fighting, conducted an extensive interview with BloodyElbow's Steph Daniel. Topics covered include fighting Kyle, training with Freddie Roach, acting in movies, fighting Anthony Johnson with a broke jaw, and the infamous flying knee.

Back in 2009, Arlovksi, under the tutelege of Freddie Roach, was dominating the then practically speaking* undefeated Fedor Emelianenko, when The Pitbull inexplicably tried a flying knee.

The result was one of the most iconic images of the year.

Arlovski now trains with Greg Jackson.

"What I remember is that stupid mistake that cost me a lot against Fedor," said Arlovski. "That horrible flying knee back in 2009... before that fight, I fought Ben Rothwell and landed a flying knee. People went crazy, I went crazy, and I thought, 'Oh, I'm a genius, I can throw whatever I want.' I jumped with the flying knee and went down, lights out. I paid for it. It was kind of the beginning of my bad series of results. I'm not going to make those mistakes again. No more flying knees for a while. I'm kind of still afraid to throw knees, especially flying knees"

"Freddie Roach is a great boxing coach. I took a lot from him, but at the same time it meant I wasn't focusing on other things. I don't know, I probably lost more than I gained. It was a great experience, but it didn't really help me with fighting. I took some from him and I lost some. Time goes forward."

Read entire article...

•Fedor's lost to TK via cuts was due to an obscure Rings Rule, that ended fights on cuts.

9/14/13 1:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
NAKMEEZY
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah buddy I'm sure Freddie told you to throw that flying knee huh? Lost more than you gained? You barely spent any time with him! He can't fix a glass jaw Andrei, nobody can..
9/14/13 1:15 PM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
412 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought Freddie was a boxing coach, not a knee flying coach... I've been missing something, obviously. Phone Post
9/14/13 1:34 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

NAKMEEZY - Yeah buddy I'm sure Freddie told you to throw that flying knee huh? Lost more than you gained? You barely spent any time with him! He can't fix a glass jaw Andrei, nobody can..

It's the fucking heavyweight division man. Almost anyone gets touched on the jaw just right = night night. And who he's been KO'd by? Heavy fucking hitters.. Timmah, Rizzo, Fedor, Sergei, Rogers.. not exactly Michael Bispings of the HW division. Fucking 13ers, learn about the sport before posting retarded shit.. And I'm not an AA fan either.

9/14/13 1:34 PM
GrilliamG
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Judging by the first two responses, I'm the only one that's actually read what the article says.
9/14/13 1:35 PM
IhaveDSL'SforPettis

Hendo finished what AA could not Phone Post 3.0
9/14/13 1:41 PM
NAKMEEZY

BTT-RyannVonDoom - 
NAKMEEZY - Yeah buddy I'm sure Freddie told you to throw that flying knee huh? Lost more than you gained? You barely spent any time with him! He can't fix a glass jaw Andrei, nobody can..

It's the fucking heavyweight division man. Almost anyone gets touched on the jaw just right = night night. And who he's been KO'd by? Heavy fucking hitters.. Timmah, Rizzo, Fedor, Sergei, Rogers.. not exactly Michael Bispings of the HW division. Fucking 13ers, learn about the sport before posting retarded shit.. And I'm not an AA fan either.

I see your Rizzo and I raise you Datsik.

He has been geetting KTFO since beginning of his career. Even by a retarded (clinically insane) Russian who is in prison for robbing cell phone stores.

Lol at join date bashing, you must be hardcore man...haha u a clown bro
9/14/13 1:52 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

NAKMEEZY - 
BTT-RyannVonDoom - 

I see your Rizzo and I raise you Datsik.

He has been geetting KTFO since beginning of his career. Even by a retarded (clinically insane) Russian who is in prison for robbing cell phone stores.

Lol at join date bashing, you must be hardcore man...haha u a clown bro

You're officially declared yourself a moran. Good work. Try watching the fights, not just reading wiki.

9/14/13 1:57 PM
Bipolar

Might be better to go ahead and actually read the article rather than make ignorant comments.
9/14/13 1:59 PM
NAKMEEZY

"Moron" not Moran. If u gonna take the time to apostrophize ur words then why not spell right too jackass..haa

Oh and I did watch the fight, wtf are u talking about? did he not get KTFO by Datsik? He got laid the fuck out dude!!! .you obviously have not seen it and don't even know who the Datsik is. Time to bust out the YouTube son. LOL
9/14/13 2:06 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

NAKMEEZY - "Moron" not Moran. If u gonna take the time to apostrophize ur words then why not spell right too jackass..haa

Oh and I did watch the fight, wtf are u talking about? did he not get KTFO by Datsik? He got laid the fuck out dude!!! .you obviously have not seen it and don't even know who the Datsik is. Time to bust out the YouTube son. LOL

OH THE IRONING!!!!!!! lol way to out yourself even more son. just wow.. lol

9/14/13 2:16 PM
NAKMEEZY

Exactly so u didnt ever see the Datsik fight, point proven.

Ironing? No thx ill leave that to ur mom.

and shouldnt u be in the shayna bazzler threads right now defending every other negative post about her and acting like her personal bitch or PR rep. lol mma forums are serious business huh son?
9/14/13 2:33 PM
MasterofMartialArts
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol. The myth that Arlovski has a glass chin should be done away with already. Guy has been KOd by the heaviest hitters in the heaviest division, and his striking defense has always been awful. He moves straight back, keeps his hands down, and makes tactical errors that HWs can capitalize on. Look at all the times he has been KOd, he is either coming forward or has his hands down. You can't do that against heavy handed guys (which is alot of HWs). Same with Wanderlei, every time he has been KOd he was coming forward with his hands down, I still think his chin is great. Phone Post 3.0
9/14/13 2:45 PM
NAKMEEZY

Mark Hunt and Roy Nelson disagree with you

Arlovski has a history of being KTFO since even before the UFC days dude..look up Datsik MMA and check out the retarded inmate that puts his lights out fierce....sorry but his chin is obviously sensitive.
9/14/13 2:46 PM
Dr Gonzo
230 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Andrei - "How's taste my big knee-knee?!?"

Fedor - "..." POW
9/14/13 2:47 PM
Dr Gonzo
230 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NAKMEEZY - Mark Hunt and Roy Nelson disagree with you

Arlovski has a history of being KTFO since even before the UFC days dude..look up Datsik MMA and check out the retarded inmate that puts his lights out fierce....sorry but his chin is obviously sensitive.

Request ban for Datsik bashing.
9/14/13 2:49 PM
DragonDidn'tDrinkEnoughPee
867 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NAKMEEZY - Mark Hunt and Roy Nelson disagree with you

Arlovski kod nelson

Now back to sherdog u 13er noob moran cunt fuckface Phone Post
9/14/13 2:51 PM
Soup and Beer
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol @ "dominating" the fight until then.  He had the edge in ring control for the first couple of minutes but nobody was dominating.  The only reason it stood out so much was because Fedor usually up until that point completely destroyed the competitions as soon as the bell rung.  Just because he was able to land a weak front kick and make Fedor miss a few punches does not turn it into a "domination".

9/14/13 2:53 PM
DragonDidn'tDrinkEnoughPee
867 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Soup and Beer -

lol @ "dominating" the fight until then.  He had the edge in ring control for the first couple of minutes but nobody was dominating.  The only reason it stood out so much was because Fedor usually up until that point completely destroyed the competitions as soon as the bell rung.  Just because he was able to land a weak front kick and make Fedor miss a few punches does not turn it into a "domination".

Okay change it to winning the fight, which he was, not that it mattered

Because he lost.....

Im not sure where u or I are going with this really Phone Post
9/14/13 2:58 PM
brahmabull81
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey fag with the all caps name, please stop posting. Go back to youtube or Sherdog or whatever scumfuck website you came from that allows to hide behind a s/n and insult people anonymously.

You can keep responding with that aggro bullshit and think youre winning something, but youre not. Just leave before you get frozen out of here or run off.

*awaits pseudo-witty aggressive response akin to a youtube comment*
9/14/13 3:00 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

DragonDidn'tDrinkEnoughPee - 
Soup and Beer -

Okay change it to winning the fight, which he was, not that it mattered

Because he lost.....

Im not sure where u or I are going with this really Phone Post

Glancing punches off the shoulders and one clean front kick =/= dominating.

9/14/13 3:03 PM
NAKMEEZY

Lol what a queer. Sorry I insulted your butt buddy for being an idiot. Wow Orlovski fanboys get butthurt real easily.

Brahma you are insulting behind a s/n are u not? Haha how ironic. U fail cunt
9/14/13 4:06 PM
groundfighter2000
436 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NAKMEEZY - "Moron" not Moran. If u gonna take the time to apostrophize ur words then why not spell right too jackass..haa

Your vote has been cast.
9/14/13 4:23 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MasterofMartialArts - Lol. The myth that Arlovski has a glass chin should be done away with already. Guy has been KOd by the heaviest hitters in the heaviest division, and his striking defense has always been awful. He moves straight back, keeps his hands down, and makes tactical errors that HWs can capitalize on. Look at all the times he has been KOd, he is either coming forward or has his hands down. You can't do that against heavy handed guys (which is alot of HWs). Same with Wanderlei, every time he has been KOd he was coming forward with his hands down, I still think his chin is great. Phone Post 3.0

ding

9/14/13 4:27 PM
eXtv
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Even if Andrei's jaw was iron he would have been slept by Fedor with that shot. The combined momentum of Andrei jumping into the punch and Fedor being an incredibly hard hitter would overcome any jaw except maybe Mark Hunt's.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.