UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Teixeira: 'Every phenom goes down one day'

9/15/13 5:00 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1032 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Glover Teixiera is most likely the next person to contend for the light heavyweight title, whether it be versus Jon Jones or Alexander Gustafson. Teixeira is prepared and knows its just a matter of time before Jones loses and he will glady be the guy to beat him if he gets a shot:

"Jon Jones is at the top for a long time, can’t say enough about him," he said. "But I have to take this belt from him. Every phenom goes down one day."

From the other side of it, despite Teixeira’s first-round win over Bader, Jones didn’t seem overly impressed with his performance.

"I don't mind people thinking I'm going to lose, just come at me with something logical," Jones tweeted after the fight.

When asked about Teixeira’s style, "Bones" compared Teixeira to one of his last challengers.

"I think he's a lot like ‘Rampage,' just with better grappling," he said.

Not that Teixeira is too worried about Jones’ opinion.

"My style may look like Rampage’s, but you can be sure that I’m hungrier than Rampage to win," he said. "This is my moment. I’m very happy for this opportunity and I will get this belt."

read entire article... 

9/15/13 5:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TappedOutTryingToPickettMcdonald's
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's more of a chance than I would give him Phone Post 3.0
9/15/13 5:43 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would be surprised if Glover beat Jones, but him vs Gust would be an interesting matchup.
9/15/13 8:06 PM
Chocolate Shatner
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if it is the Undertaker at Westlemania, Tex is wrong.
9/15/13 8:19 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
Well that "Day" won't be the one Glover fights him. When Jon gets defeated, and one day he will, it will be a combo of someone who possesses the skills of Gustafson and Phil Davis. With the same body type. Not one or the other.
9/15/13 8:22 PM
Punch Bag
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That one day will be too late for him, when he's well into retirement.
9/15/13 8:26 PM
in_different
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Immaculata - Well that "Day" won't be the one Glover fights him. When Jon gets defeated, and one day he will, it will be a combo of someone who possesses the skills of Gustafson and Phil Davis. With the same body type. Not one or the other.

Ive got 2 guys that can do it.

One is a beast wrestler. Incredible cardio, very powerful, very technical. He varies his striking between punches and kicks, he has ferocious ground and pound, and he always sets the pace of the fight to his preferred tempo.

The other is difficult to take down, almost impossible to keep down, and he has powerful striking. He has one shot KO power, crisp boxing. He is shockingly fast for his size, yet still as powerful as any opponent he has faced. And he doesnt ever give up

Cain and JDS
9/16/13 7:21 AM
Steve4192
213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glover forgets that he too is something of a phenom. Whose to say that Jones doesn't end his hype? My money is on the younger, more dynamic champion to take out the aging, late-bloomer of a challenger.
9/16/13 7:25 AM
TappedOutTryingToPickettMcdonald's
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rambo John J -
TappedOutTryingToPickettMcdonald's - That's more of a chance than I would give him Phone Post 3.0

He just doesn't lose.

sometimes it aint pretty, but he refuses to lose.

He hasn't fought the guys JBJ has or it's my guess he probably would've lost a few. Phone Post 3.0
9/16/13 8:36 AM
Y2JB

Edited: 09/16/13 8:36 AM
Glover has nothing for Jones & neither does anyone else at 205. I don't think Glover has looked particularly impressive in any of his UFC fights, he's looked 'pretty good' but that's about it. When Jones burst on the scene, you knew he was special immediately.
9/16/13 10:29 AM
Jetster

Glover is a very gooid fighter and could beat many other fighters, i think a few fighters can also beat him, Jones should dominate him.
9/16/13 3:31 PM
SQUEEZIE

in_different - 
Immaculata - Well that "Day" won't be the one Glover fights him. When Jon gets defeated, and one day he will, it will be a combo of someone who possesses the skills of Gustafson and Phil Davis. With the same body type. Not one or the other.

One is a beast wrestler. Incredible cardio, very powerful, very technical. He varies his striking between punches and kicks, he has ferocious ground and pound, and he always sets the pace of the fight to his preferred tempo.

The other is difficult to take down, almost impossible to keep down, and he has powerful striking. He has one shot KO power, crisp boxing. He is shockingly fast for his size, yet still as powerful as any opponent he has faced. And he doesnt ever give up

Cain and JDS

how bout in his class? any guys in his class that can beat him?

9/16/13 3:53 PM
ChaosOverkill
454 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tex says something classy, Jones be Jones. So on and so forth.

9/16/13 3:54 PM
subwrassler
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rambo John J - 
TappedOutTryingToPickettMcdonald's - That's more of a chance than I would give him Phone Post 3.0

He just doesn't lose.

sometimes it aint pretty, but he refuses to lose.

Jon Jones has never lost, refuses to, and it's always pretty
9/16/13 3:55 PM
subwrassler
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

and i've admittedly rooted against him in just about every one of his fights
9/16/13 9:32 PM
Damaynevent

in_different -

Cain and JDS
A bigger JBJ hurts Cain badly in the clinch and tko's him on the ground. Cain had trouble getting inside on Kongo and JBJ is much better at using his reach. I think Cain presses forward too hard and gets taken down and beaten into a bloody guacamole.

JDS could catch JBJ with one punch, but really isn't a threat to him anywhere else. Something tells me JBJ outworks him from a distance and it looks a lot like JDS' 2nd fight with Cain except Jon might finish him in the later rounds. Phone Post 3.0
9/16/13 11:07 PM
tanner904

Grover tell that to PBF. Phone Post 3.0
9/16/13 11:07 PM
tanner904

Glover* Phone Post 3.0
9/16/13 11:08 PM
tanner904

Glover* Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.