UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> If only Washington had stricter gun laws!

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

9/16/13 1:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
tjmitch
427 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

These shootings could have been avoided!

Oh, wait.....
9/16/13 1:19 PM
PUBLIC's_bsc_in_my_bloodyfluid
235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DOUBLE BAN GUNS!

If we make each gun, as illegal as two guns, we can solve violence!
9/16/13 1:25 PM
Team Cup
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Only one thing left to do. Ban fingers Phone Post 3.0
9/16/13 1:28 PM
crazydave
296 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

9/16/13 1:29 PM
thedogofdogs
1387 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Team Cup - Only one thing left to do. Ban fingers Phone Post 3.0

Don't forget toes!
9/16/13 1:31 PM
Hired Gun
777 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

9/16/13 1:32 PM
Hired Gun
777 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

9/16/13 1:38 PM
thedogofdogs
1387 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't stop laughing!

Perfect!
9/16/13 1:44 PM
Hired Gun

9/16/13 1:45 PM
Hired Gun

9/16/13 1:46 PM
Hired Gun

9/16/13 1:52 PM
paw
1806 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/16/13 1:54 PM
gogoyoface703 - How about you go look at the murder rates from 10 years ago and compare it to todays in DC....huge difference you dumb fuck. Ive been living in DC all my life and the violence and crime rate has dropped dramatically do to heavy gun restrictions and the exile law.

From wikipedia (bold mine)

According to Uniform Crime Report statistics compiled by the FBI, there were 1,330.2 violent crimes per 100,000 people reported in the District of Columbia in 2010. There were also 4,778.9 property crimes per 100,000 reported during the same period.[8] Overall, violent crime in the District of Columbia has decreased 50% since 1995 and property crime has decreased 49.8% during the same period. However, violent crime is still more than three times the national average of 403.6 reported offenses per 100,000 people in 2010.[9]

In the early 1990s, Washington, D.C., was known as the "murder capital",[10] experiencing 474 homicides in 1990.[11] The elevated crime levels were associated with the introduction of crack cocaine during the late 1980s and early 1990s. The crack was brought into Washington, D.C. by Colombian cartels, and sold in drug markets such as "The Strip"(the largest in the city) located a few blocks north of the United States Capitol.[12] A quarter of juveniles with criminal charges in 1988 tested positive for drugs.[10]

The number of homicides per year in Washington, D.C., peaked at 479 in 1991,[13] followed by a downward trend in the late 1990s. In 2000, 242 homicides occurred,[11] and the downward trend continued in the 2000s. In 2012, Washington, D.C. had only 92 homicides in 91 separate incidents, the lowest annual tally since 1963.[14] The Metropolitan Police Department's official tally is 88 homicides, but that number does not include four deaths that were ruled self-defense or justifiable homicide by citizen.[14] The cause of death listed on the four case records is homicide and MPD includes those cases in tallying homicide case closures at the end of the year.[14]

As Washington neighborhoods undergo gentrification, crime has been displaced further east. Crime in Prince George's County, Maryland, has remained steady (even slightly increasing in some areas) as poorer residents move out of the city into the nearby suburbs because of rising housing costs.[15] However, the influx of more affluent new residents in the city has also led to an uptick in robberies and property crimes in gentrifying areas, including Columbia Heights, Adams Morgan, Mount Pleasant, Dupont Circle, Logan Circle, and Shaw. There was an average of 11 robberies each day across the District of Columbia in 2006,[5] which is far below the levels experienced in the 1990s.[16]

9/16/13 2:02 PM
Ari2
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Solid argument.

It's hard to tell whether you don't realize that you could take a short drive to Virginia and buy a gun or you know that but want to make a poorly thought out argument anyway.
9/16/13 2:07 PM
itskrisdude
239 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ari2 - Solid argument.

It's hard to tell whether you don't realize that you could take a short drive to Virginia and buy a gun or you know that but want to make a poorly thought out argument anyway.

All those peeps in Chicago must be driving to Virginia as well.
9/16/13 2:07 PM
Ari2

itskrisdude - 
Ari2 - Solid argument.

Indiana actually. its's about 30 minutes.
9/16/13 2:10 PM
baj54

gogoyoface703 - What does this have to do with anything? You are not aloud as a citizen to carry guns on a military base/yard.
Even in Virginia, you will never seen Civilians or many military officials walking around with guns at the Norfolk Navy Base. Way to much mental midget mania in this thread.

How about you go look at the murder rates from 10 years ago and compare it to todays in DC....huge difference you dumb fuck. Ive been living in DC all my life and the violence and crime rate has dropped dramatically do to heavy gun restrictions and the exile law.

Also, how would civilians with pistols defend themselves from Rifle shots coming from above????? Use their 9mm to block the bullets???

You are a fucking idiot and this was the wrong incident to bring up, to push your selfish non thought provoked agenda....dumb NECK.

What a waste of life
Not really sure what your getting at? So your saying the fact that citizens working on a military base are not allowed to carry firearms would have prevented those people from bringing weapons unto the base anyway? Your logic is flawed. Lets look at it this way: those people who shot the innocent were ordinary citizens right up to the moment they pulled the trigger. If they didnt have guns it would have been a bomb, if it wasn't a bomb they would have drove their vehicles into a crowd, if they didnt have vehicles they would of used chef knives....see where I'm going with this argument? They had intent to do harm and were going to accomplish it with or without guns. I like my chances with a 9mm then without one. With that said I send condolences out to those who have been effected by this tragedy. Phone Post 3.0
9/16/13 2:11 PM
angryinch

So then why isn't gun violence worse in Virginia and Indiana than it is in DC and Chicago?

9/16/13 2:11 PM
evad6317
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All criminals commit crimes with BRAND NEW guns bought legally. It's the only way.

/sarcasm
9/16/13 2:15 PM
itskrisdude
239 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ari2 - 
itskrisdude - 
Ari2 - Solid argument.

Yes. I'm sure the real applicable issue behind gun violence in Chicago, is the fact Indiana is only a 30 minutes away. Brilliant. I'm sure you have some statistics to back up that assumption as well.

Meanwhile, places like Washington State continue to have some of the lowest gun crime statistics in the country despite having some of the most lax gun control laws.
9/16/13 2:15 PM
Ari2

angryinch - 

So then why isn't gun violence worse in Virginia and Indiana than it is in DC and Chicago?

you're asking me why gun violence is higher in a place with a higher population density and larger amount of poor people?

that's really good question. I bet if u took a second or two you might puzzle out a few possibilities.
9/16/13 2:16 PM
Kneeblock
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is why people hate on gun debaters.

Instead of just saying this is a tragedy and STFU, they feel like it's point scoring time. Phone Post
9/16/13 2:18 PM
Hired Gun

9/16/13 2:18 PM
Ari2

itskrisdude - 
Ari2 - 
itskrisdude - 
Ari2 - Solid argument.

Yes. I'm sure the real applicable issue behind gun violence in Chicago, is the fact Indiana is only a 30 minutes away. Brilliant. I'm sure you have some statistics to back up that assumption as well.

Meanwhile, places like Washington State continue to have some of the lowest gun crime statistics in the country despite having some of the most lax gun control laws.

actually, I didn't say taht was why there is gun violence chicago. So you can just burn your strawman all by yourself. However, access to firearms sure does exacerbate the problems that already exist.

I'm simply defeating the OP's argument. which was trash.
9/16/13 2:19 PM
sparkuri
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

More memes please Phone Post
9/16/13 2:23 PM
itskrisdude

Ari2 - 
itskrisdude - 
Ari2 - 
itskrisdude - 
Ari2 - Solid argument.

actually, I didn't say taht was why there is gun violence chicago. So you can just burn your strawman all by yourself. However, access to firearms sure does exacerbate the problems that already exist.

I'm simply defeating the OP's argument. which was trash.

There was no strawman presented. You made an implication when you decided to bring Virginia into the argument. You implied that people from DC could be getting guns by driving there, which means Virginias lax gun laws are having a direct impact on DC gun violence. It was a dumbfuck parallel based on nothing more than assumption.

OP clearly stated that gun laws are not having a discernible impact on gun violence, and your dumbass said, "well uh, they can just drive to Virginia to get them." And you think you defeated his argument? lol.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.