UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC Signs Female Alexandra Albu (5-0) Pics

9/17/13 1:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
touch
627 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

9/17/13 2:06 PM
Chromium
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BTT-RyannVonDoom - 

Her record is very... interesting.

If I might ask, where does the 5-0 come from? I can only find one fight of hers as a pro and none as an amateur.

9/17/13 2:07 PM
I LOVE GSP
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Meisha who? Phone Post
9/17/13 2:12 PM
touch
627 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chromium - 
BTT-RyannVonDoom - 

If I might ask, where does the 5-0 come from? I can only find one fight of hers as a pro and none as an amateur.

From her manager Sam Kardan

9/17/13 2:39 PM
Steve4192
216 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chromium - 
BTT-RyannVonDoom - 

Supposedly she had 4 fights in Thailand.

If they were small enough shows, it's not unreasonable to believe they were never reported to the various fight finders. Of course, if they were that small, it also likely means her opponents were awful.
9/17/13 2:47 PM
LastMinuteReplacement

touch - 

how is that painting called? ´´Last fuck?´´
9/17/13 2:49 PM
Nuevo Haole

sweet - another 7 mma fans will treat like an 11!

9/17/13 3:18 PM
Chromium
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steve4192 - 
Chromium - 
BTT-RyannVonDoom - 

If they were small enough shows, it's not unreasonable to believe they were never reported to the various fight finders. Of course, if they were that small, it also likely means her opponents were awful.

If they were in Thailand they were probably unsanctioned smokers considering the state of MMA in Thailand. Nothing wrong with that, plenty of fighters have done that, but you're right about her opponents, they were probably utter cans. Meanwhile this fellow Russian lady she just fought was making her debut. Albu looked pretty good but this also looked like a fight between Strawweights and her opponent was a greenhorn. She doesn't look like someone the UFC should snap up, she looks like a potential prospect to keep an eye on at Flyweight or Strawweight.

I hate to say it but the UFC really shouldn't be signing her ahead of people who have put in solid work against highly experienced opponents. There are more reasonable signing options. Milana Dudieva, if you need a Russian (8-2 with wins over Sheila Gaff and Danielle West; only losses were to Julia Berezikova in her debut, and recently to UFC signee Jessica Andrade), or Joanna Jedrzejczyk if you need an Eastern European coming off a win (she's 4-0 with a recent win over Berezikova).

9/17/13 3:41 PM
Steve4192
216 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chromium - 
Steve4192 - 
Chromium - 
BTT-RyannVonDoom - 

If they were in Thailand they were probably unsanctioned smokers considering the state of MMA in Thailand. Nothing wrong with that, plenty of fighters have done that, but you're right about her opponents, they were probably utter cans. Meanwhile this fellow Russian lady she just fought was making her debut. Albu looked pretty good but this also looked like a fight between Strawweights and her opponent was a greenhorn. She doesn't look like someone the UFC should snap up, she looks like a potential prospect to keep an eye on at Flyweight or Strawweight.

I hate to say it but the UFC really shouldn't be signing her ahead of people who have put in solid work against highly experienced opponents. There are more reasonable signing options. Milana Dudieva, if you need a Russian (8-2 with wins over Sheila Gaff and Danielle West; only losses were to Julia Berezikova in her debut, and recently to UFC signee Jessica Andrade), or Joanna Jedrzejczyk if you need an Eastern European coming off a win (she's 4-0 with a recent win over Berezikova).

I agree with you, but I also remember a lot of prospect pundits poo-pooing the signing of Khabib Nurmagomedov because his level of competition was atrocious compared to some of the other guys available at the time. Nurmagomedov wasn't on any of the prospect radar despite his shiny undefeated record. As it turns out, whoever scouted Khabib for the UFC knew what they were doing. Maybe they have a similar feeling about Albu. Perhaps they think she has the skills and athleticism to do well even if her record is wafer-thin.
9/17/13 3:50 PM
Steve4192

Here is the article I was referring to lambasting the UFC for signing Nurmagomedov. It gets even more comical in the comments section, where the author basically refers to him as a no-talent can.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/11/17/2568452/ufc-signs-russian-combat-sambo-champion-khabib-nurmagomedov

I loved Leland's prospect series on Bloody Elbow, but he missed the mark BADLY on Khabib. Maybe Albu will exceed expectations as well.
9/17/13 4:24 PM
BigWilliam
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That ass is pretty much perfect.
9/17/13 5:32 PM
youarewhatiswrong
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why are we talking about her credentials as a fighter? DAT ASS!!!!!!
9/17/13 6:10 PM
buvaiser

Lol ouch. Feel bad for all the vets who were fighting for more thsn a decade like rox shayna tara just yo get a spot on an tuf and then this ass model gets in with basically no sweat or blood.

But dat ass, no can defend
9/17/13 6:45 PM
shootfightermike
738 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

best body in ufc

9/17/13 6:45 PM
Chromium

Steve4192 - Here is the article I was referring to lambasting the UFC for signing Nurmagomedov. It gets even more comical in the comments section, where the author basically refers to him as a no-talent can.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/11/17/2568452/ufc-signs-russian-combat-sambo-champion-khabib-nurmagomedov

I loved Leland's prospect series on Bloody Elbow, but he missed the mark BADLY on Khabib. Maybe Albu will exceed expectations as well.

Khabib was 16-0 against mostly cans and journeymen, but also had a submission win over Shahbulat Shamhalaev. Lightweight is also deep enough and with enough spots on the roster you can take a risk on "maybes." I don't think he's analogous to Albu who might be 5-0 or might be 1-0, has no opponents that even reach journeywomen level (and in 4 cases even opponents with a Sherdog listing), and is very undersized for her division.

If the UFC needed a late notice replacement for a show in Russia I could understand. If the UFC were trying to create a Flyweight division, while I'd still be a bit baffled, it'd make a lot more sense (not just because of her size but also because the competition for roster spots would be easier). As it is this signing doesn't make a ton of sense.

youarewhatiswrong - Why are we talking about her credentials as a fighter? DAT ASS!!!!!!

Because she's a fighter and not a ring girl? I'm not oblivious to her looks, it's all part of the package of being a fighter, but you have to have to have the minimal credentials or skills first before that figures into things. She doesn't have the credentials as far as I'm concerned, and I'm far from convinced she has the skills.

9/17/13 7:41 PM
Chiron
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She's hot and she has skills. Awesome.

I hope she turns out to be like a female Fedor.
9/17/13 9:01 PM
torquemada
270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I respect any fighter.

Having said that, I would move to Siberia for that woman. Phone Post
9/17/13 9:04 PM
btr740
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is a quality signing for the UFC. I'm ready for more pics.
9/17/13 9:07 PM
ManWithTheIronFists
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - 

Dam

Hopefully this is what she wears in the octagon.
9/17/13 9:13 PM
Knuckle Punch
335 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 -

Dam

Phone Post
9/17/13 9:38 PM
KZTT_FawkingxD
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 -

Dam

In! Phone Post 3.0
9/17/13 9:41 PM
Happiness Bunny
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who has the better ass? Arianny or Alexandra?

Stupidest question ever........
9/17/13 11:09 PM
Gin Tonic
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub. (Research) Phone Post 3.0
9/18/13 2:03 AM
Sean Thompson
206 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy Shit 135 Female Division just got real, for those of you that never seen this girl she is a BEAST, Aleksandra is a nightmare matchup for any chick. You heard it first this is the one to watch out for
9/18/13 2:19 AM
The Mammoth
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chromium -
Steve4192 - Here is the article I was referring to lambasting the UFC for signing Nurmagomedov. It gets even more comical in the comments section, where the author basically refers to him as a no-talent can.

Khabib was 16-0 against mostly cans and journeymen, but also had a submission win over Shahbulat Shamhalaev. Lightweight is also deep enough and with enough spots on the roster you can take a risk on "maybes." I don't think he's analogous to Albu who might be 5-0 or might be 1-0, has no opponents that even reach journeywomen level (and in 4 cases even opponents with a Sherdog listing), and is very undersized for her division.

If the UFC needed a late notice replacement for a show in Russia I could understand. If the UFC were trying to create a Flyweight division, while I'd still be a bit baffled, it'd make a lot more sense (not just because of her size but also because the competition for roster spots would be easier). As it is this signing doesn't make a ton of sense.

youarewhatiswrong - Why are we talking about her credentials as a fighter? DAT ASS!!!!!!

Because she's a fighter and not a ring girl? I'm not oblivious to her looks, it's all part of the package of being a fighter, but you have to have to have the minimal credentials or skills first before that figures into things. She doesn't have the credentials as far as I'm concerned, and I'm far from convinced she has the skills.

Dat ass though Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.