UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Anderson Silva: Superfight Talk 'perfect bulls**t'

9/17/13 8:25 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Taz Styles
3002 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.givemesport.com/381057-exclusive-superfight-talk-perfect-bullst-silva

The UFC legend doesn't feel like superfights are good in the long-term.

Anderson Silva dealt a big blow to plans for a superfight between him and either Jon Jones or Georges St Pierre by saying that the fights are "perfect bulls**t".

Speaking at Lions Pride Gym in London, the former middleweight champion said that any superfight denies other fighters the chance to come up.

"My opinion - the people always say ‘superfight, superfight’ but where are the chances for the new guys to come?

"I’m ready for fight for Jon Jones, Georges St Pierre but in my academy, Minatouro, Glover and the other fighters in this class for Jon Jones. George St Pierre is a different class. I have my problems in my class.

"Yeah it’s good for business but is no good for the other’s guy fight. I go to fight Georges St Pierre, he cuts up, I cut down. I finish the fight. I go to fight Jon Jones, I finish the fight. Who’s next? No have! My opinion, this is perfect bullshit."

The Brazilian has been on a whistle-stop tour of London, travelling to academies and conducting several interviews along the way before he heads off to Asia to train for his re-match with Chris Weidman in December.

His thoughts have clashed with Jon Jones, who stated that he feels the fight will happen next year no matter what.

Another fighter who has chipped in his Chael Sonnen, who lost to Silva twice and Jones as well, although he'd have beaten Jones due to doctors stoppage if he could've held off Jones' barrage.

On the topic of facing Sonnen for a third time, Silva said: "I give Chael two chances for the win... Chael you no got it," he laughs. "I’m sorry man, bye!"

9/17/13 8:34 AM
Taz Styles
3002 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.givemesport.com/380959-exclusive-pressure-is-on-weidman-says-silva?tg=%2fufc

Pressure is on Weidman, says Silva

The former UFC middleweight champion hosted a seminar at Lions Pride Gym, London last week

Anderson Silva was hosting a seminar at Lions Pride Gym in Croydon, London last week and GiveMeSport were there to listen in as one of the greatest MMA fighters of all time spoke.

His arrival at the venue had everyone on their toes, as person after person entered through the front door, everyone would turn with baited breath but when he finally made his entrance, via the fire exit, the Brazilian's presence was felt immediately as everyone went quiet.

Sitting up against the back wall, Silva looked tired, to be expected after flying into London the day before. But he was ready to answer questions as everyone took a spot around him.

A brief silence followed but soon the ice was broken and the questions started flowing and so did Silva's answers.

When asked about the bigger key to his comeback after losing to Chris Weidman at UFC 162 in July, he answered 'my mental' and talked at length about the importance of his focus.

"This is very important because you have training, you have the good coach, you have good sparring but you have normal life, you have problems," he said.

"Sometimes you have problems in your normal life, this is so important. You think you’re focused for your training, think you’re focused to listen to you coach but you have problems in your normal life, with your family. You not focused."

When asked what he learned from he replied: "All the time you need to keep your focus. The fight you have magic moment to finish the fight. You know focus on this, you lost.

"Everyone who trains for MMA for professional these days has good training, good cardio, good technique… not all of us. But I have guys who no like too much punch to face, too much kick to the legs."

'Do you think Weidman got lucky?' enquires a voice amongst the group.

"Chris Weidman, the night of the fight, was the best."

Asked if he could tell Weidman was nervous, especially when Silva was kicking his legs in the first round, he responded: "Yeah I knew.

"But God give him the new chance for change my life because I’m perfect fighter now because I lost via knockout for first time in my life.

"I’m normal now. I have the best experience for inside the ring, in the octagon now."

'Do you think, up until it went wrong, did you see it going to go the same way as the Damien Maia fight?' another asks.

"Yeah my mental was no good. I lost my control and this is bad. You know think you’re faultless for training, faultless for your objectives. It’s problem."

Silva said he was yet to start training, but was headed to Japan to do so (he's also been announced to head to Thailand as well) as he just finished up a media tour, but he feels confident heading into his rematch with Weidman at UFC 168 in December, stating that Weidman has the pressure now.

"Uhm… is normal fight, don’t have too much pressure. The pressure is for Weidman. Wiedmann is champion, I’m normal guy now."

'Do you feel nervous before your fights? Holding the title for so long, how did you deal with that pressure?'

"I training hard, I go for fight because I love it. I no go for fight for belt. It’s a symbol, it’s normal.

"One day you no have more belt, you’re no good man, you’re no good friend. Stay together with your friends in here because your friends help you. They change your life.

"You have talent, you have good energy, you go inside octagon but the guys in here, they help you, they change your life.

"The belt is the symbol, is nothing more. My opinion is the belt is the symbol but my fans, the people in the country don’t understand this.

"My friends see but the people don’t. “Come on Anderson it’s the belt. We need you to pick up the belt.”

When asked the inevitable about a Jon Jones or GSP 'superfight' he noted that Lions Pride owner, the undefeated Jimi Manuwa, has a great chance of facing Jon Jones in the future.

"In my opinion, Dana White needs to give him the chance for the belt," he added.

9/17/13 8:40 AM
Switchheadkick
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Spider ftb Phone Post
9/17/13 9:03 AM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OT: But LOLLLLLLL at the way the quotes are written with Anderson's grammatical errors. It made it easier to read this with his voice and tone.
9/17/13 9:44 AM
ChrisWeidmanedmydiameter
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good interview, sad to hear he doesn't want Chael v Silva 3 Phone Post
9/17/13 9:45 AM
ChaosOverkill
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who's next? No have, no have!

NO HAVE!

9/17/13 9:52 AM
Damaynevent

Anderson has always been a confusing guy to me. I'm starting to get where he is coming now that he loss the belt.

One thing that is still confusing that, wasn't he the one calling for a super fight with GSP and Jon Jones? I really don't remember either guy initially talking about fight him first. I could be wrong. Phone Post 3.0
9/17/13 10:28 AM
Taz Styles

Damaynevent - Anderson has always been a confusing guy to me. I'm starting to get where he is coming now that he loss the belt.

One thing that is still confusing that, wasn't he the one calling for a super fight with GSP and Jon Jones? I really don't remember either guy initially talking about fight him first. I could be wrong. Phone Post 3.0

He seems to just say anything to the media, i won't be surprised if he say's he wants a superfight in a month or two.

9/17/13 10:49 AM
joe canada
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Another fighter who has chipped in his Chael Sonnen, who lost to Silva twice and Jones as well, although he'd have beaten Jones due to doctors stoppage if he could've held off Jones' barrage."

Pardon me?
Am I misremembering that fight, or is something rotten in Denmark?
9/17/13 10:58 AM
NukSooCow
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who the hell wants to see Chael vs Spider 3? Is no normal. Phone Post 3.0
9/17/13 11:06 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
543 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I read that in Anderson's high pitched voice Phone Post
9/17/13 11:12 AM
ABE FROMAN

NukSooCow - Who the hell wants to see Chael vs Spider 3? Is no normal. Phone Post 3.0

HAHAHAHAHHAHA

9/17/13 11:34 AM
GaryColeman

NukSooCow - Who the hell wants to see Chael vs Spider 3? Is no normal. Phone Post 3.0
Haha. For some reason, I do. But I don't know why. Phone Post 3.0
9/17/13 11:37 AM
Cyril Jeff
187 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom
NukSooCow - Who the hell wants to see Chael vs Spider 3? Is no normal. Phone Post 3.0

I don't see why there can not be combat?

9/17/13 11:58 AM
gokudamus stole my name iv

Dude loves the word "normal".
9/17/13 1:45 PM
ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever

joe canada - "Another fighter who has chipped in his Chael Sonnen, who lost to Silva twice and Jones as well, although he'd have beaten Jones due to doctors stoppage if he could've held off Jones' barrage."

Pardon me?
Am I misremembering that fight, or is something rotten in Denmark?
If you're asking about jones vs chael. Jones dislocated his big toe near the end of the round. The ref stopped the fight with like 20 seconds to go (?) if the round had ended doctors would have ended the fight because big jbjs toe. And chael been awarded the belt.

If you're asking a different question I'm sorry. Phone Post 3.0
9/17/13 1:54 PM
Bad Monkey
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^

This

They won't let you fight with bones protruding from your body.

9/17/13 1:59 PM
shatefak

Who else read those silva quotes in the top post with an anderson silva voice? Phone Post
9/17/13 2:40 PM
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360
160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shatefak -  Who else read those silva quotes in the top post with an anderson silva voice? Phone Post

I read it in Anderson's voice from TTTHS.
9/17/13 2:53 PM
Godmode
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I back... I back." - Anderson Silva
9/17/13 3:43 PM
dermotfix
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why is it both AS and Tyson have such high pitched voices?

Two of the biggest killers ever in combat sports.

I love Anderson but I don't get how he goes on tv/radio with his bad English.

I had to turn off his O+A interview.

Painful to listen to.

9/17/13 3:49 PM
Built Like A Fedor
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dermotfix -

Why is it both AS and Tyson have such high pitched voices?

Two of the biggest killers ever in combat sports.

I love Anderson but I don't get how he goes on tv/radio with his bad English.

I had to turn off his O+A interview.

Painful to listen to.

Eees normal. Phone Post 3.0
9/17/13 4:32 PM
jdb2414
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ssj - Anderson is GOAT, its normal

haha! agreed.
9/17/13 4:39 PM
Soup and Beer
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Yeah it’s good for business but is no good for the other’s guy fight. I go to fight Georges St Pierre, he cuts up, I cut down. I finish the fight. I go to fight Jon Jones, I finish the fight. Who’s next? No have! My opinion, this is perfect bullshit."

Is he saying he doesn't want to fight them because he would finish both of them and have no one left to fight?  I'm sorry but if this is what he is saying then he is delusional or lying.  I believe if he had complete confidence of beating both of them he would have pushed for the fights himself.  This reminds me of when Royce kimura'd Akebono and said there was no one left on the planet for him to fight.

9/17/13 4:44 PM
Vote me down

I dont even like Silva but this was pretty damn funny to me. "I give Chael two chances for the win... Chael you no got it," he laughs. "I’m sorry man, bye!"

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.