UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jones: Cormier is a big hater of mine

9/17/13 8:47 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1027 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones fights Alexander Gustafsson on Saturday at UFC 165 in Toronto. If he beats Gustafsson, he is looking next at Glover Teixeira, with Daniel Cormier perhaps next in line. Jones does not seem to like what he sees very much.

Glover was damned with faint praise.

"I thought he showed signs of being a high-level fighter," said Jones recently. "I don't think he's ready to beat me. I thought he showed signs, being punched that hard by Bader shows me where he's at. No matter what your excuse is, it still happened. If you're a seasoned vet and you said you allowed overconfidence to be your weakness, it's still a weakness you allowed to happen in the first place. If you have a great opponent and great understanding, then you won't rush into a guy like Ryan Bader who is obviously going to swing big, looping punches at you. I don't think he's the guy who's going to beat me."

Cormier was pretty much just damned.

"To be honest with you, I don't think Daniel Cormier really deserves a big fight," said Jones. "I don't respect him as a person. I think fighting me would be an opportunity of a lifetime for him. I don't think I have much to gain from beating Daniel Cormier because no one knows who he is, and he hasn't really proved much."

"He seems to really not like me and be a big hater of mine. It's sad, considering we're both African-American and there's not many of us in the sport. We should try to find a common bond. We don't need to be friends, but we should at least respect each other. It's pathetic that me and Rashad have such a bad relationship and me and Daniel have such a bad relationship."

Glover Teixeira, who Jones fights Saturday at ufc 165 live on PPV curiously got a far less withering review.

"I thought he showed signs of being a high-level fighter," said Jones. "I don't think he's ready to beat me. I thought he showed signs, being punched that hard by Bader shows me where he's at. No matter what your excuse is, it still happened. If you're a seasoned vet and you said you allowed overconfidence to be your weakness, it's still a weakness you allowed to happen in the first place. If you have a great opponent and great understanding, then you won't rush into a guy like Ryan Bader who is obviously going to swing big, looping punches at you. I don't think he's the guy who's going to beat me."

Read entire article...

9/17/13 8:50 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ChaosOverkill
451 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

9/17/13 8:55 AM
SuMBJJ
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It would be such an awesome schtick if he was trolling.... but he's not. Phone Post
9/17/13 8:57 AM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum

Edited: 09/17/13 8:57 AM
"He seems to really not like me and be a big hater of mine. It's sad, considering we're both African-American and there's not many of us in the sport. We should try to find a common bond. We don't need to be friends, but we should at least respect each other. It's pathetic that me and Rashad have such a bad relationship and me and Daniel have such a bad relationship."

Hilarious coming from him.
9/17/13 9:05 AM
JStrongMMA

" It's pathetic that me and Rashad have such a bad relationship and me and Daniel have such a bad relationship."

It sounds like your the common denominator, Jon-boy. Phone Post
9/17/13 9:06 AM
pennviachoke
1053 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JBJ says he doesn't respect DC as a person...5 seconds later he says as African-Americans they should try to respect each other.

SMH Phone Post
9/17/13 9:13 AM
daxfactor

In for shitstorm Phone Post 3.0
9/17/13 9:13 AM
Vindell
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with Jones that he does not deserve a shot. I do not understand why Cormier can just drop a weight and is supposed to get a title fight right off the bat.
9/17/13 9:17 AM
ChaosOverkill
451 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The man's brain is not wired to have any humility whatsoever, he thinks that he has changed the world by being alive.

9/17/13 9:23 AM
BeatonHauff
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They are both full of themselves Phone Post 3.0
9/17/13 9:25 AM
Hikikomori

LOL @ preaching Black Unity when the majority of your fans are angry white males. If Jon feels this way he should keep it to him self. The black fighters in MMA seem to all be close with each other. the only guy who they arent close to is Jon Jones.
9/17/13 9:31 AM
Damaynevent

Cormier talks shit about JBJ all the time and everyone loves him. JBJ responds in kind and he has no humility.

I agree with JBJ. Even though I don't think Cormier belongs in the cage with Jon, I actually hope they fight so Jon can finally put h in his place. Cormier knows fight Jon would be a big pay day for him and he's been trolling for that fight since the Strikedorce HW Grand Prix. Makes no sense for him to be calling out Jon at the time, but he had a little hype going after beating Big Foot and he ran with it.

Jon has it right. The worst thing for Cormier is for him to drop down to LHW, get an immediate shot and get sent packing without the belt. The only reason he is relevant is because he keeps talking shit about the champ. Phone Post 3.0
9/17/13 9:39 AM
ChaosOverkill

Edited: 09/17/13 9:55 AM
Damaynevent - Cormier talks shit about JBJ all the time and everyone loves him. JBJ responds in kind and he has no humility.

I agree with JBJ. Even though I don't think Cormier belongs in the cage with Jon, I actually hope they fight so Jon can finally put h in his place. Cormier knows fight Jon would be a big pay day for him and he's been trolling for that fight since the Strikedorce HW Grand Prix. Makes no sense for him to be calling out Jon at the time, but he had a little hype going after beating Big Foot and he ran with it.

Jon has it right. The worst thing for Cormier is for him to drop down to LHW, get an immediate shot and get sent packing without the belt. The only reason he is relevant is because he keeps talking shit about the champ. Phone Post 3.0

It's cause we've seen Cormier exhibit humility and never have seen Jones do it.

If I had to pick one, it's Cormier but this is likely another fake beef but Jones seems to choose ways of doing that make him seem like he's suggesting he's a superior form of being.

9/17/13 9:58 AM
pennviachoke
1053 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jackson_Junior -
pennviachoke - JBJ says he doesn't respect DC as a person...5 seconds later he says as African-Americans they should try to respect each other.

SMH Phone Post
He doesn't respect him for a reason. He's saying it's because Cormier doesnt respect him that why he doesn't respect him either Phone Post 3.0
That's makes sense

ODI? Phone Post
9/17/13 9:58 AM
T Bag

Cormier jones will be a great fight
Couldn't care less about the shit talk going non between them just want to see them in the cage Phone Post 3.0
9/17/13 10:00 AM
Lux Fixxins

Fuck any grown man who uses the term "hater"..

Ill bet he also "yolos" when ever he gets "disrespected".

He's better than that. Phone Post 3.0
9/17/13 10:45 AM
mm370
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jon Jones seems to be a graduate of the Shayna Baszler school of modesty...he just has the skills, and resume to back it up Phone Post 3.0
9/17/13 10:46 AM
Y2JB

Absolutely no reason for JBJ to bring race into this, a white fighter saying the same would be hounded out of the sport.
9/17/13 10:57 AM
wiggum
274 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

T Bag - Cormier jones will be a great fight
Couldn't care less about the shit talk going non between them just want to see them in the cage Phone Post 3.0

This.

It's the only real "big" fight for Jones at 205. Glover and Gus are for real contenders but they don't have a shot at Jones. Cormier has as much of a shot against Jones as Weidman did against Anderson. It's a great fight on paper.
9/17/13 11:00 AM
Abrtitans
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"We both brothas"

They need to unite against the white devil dominated sport that is mma. Phone Post 3.0
9/17/13 11:04 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
545 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The way I heard it Jones started the whole thing with Cormier. Phone Post
9/17/13 11:06 AM
ChaosOverkill

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  The way I heard it Jones started the whole thing with Cormier. Phone Post

Yeah didn't he come out and say "I'm sick of hearing about him he's nothing" or something like that which set COrmier off?

9/17/13 11:07 AM
Aaron Becker

shouldn't they be friends cause they like each others content of their character and not the color of their skin?
9/17/13 11:08 AM
ChaosOverkill

PostOPandProudAMA - Lol at not many african americans in the sport. Phone Post 3.0

Gotta love how he has himself convinced he's carrying the cross for his race in MMA while Gary Goodridge was beating fools up 20 years ago, and Pat Smith too with some mixed results, Kevin Jackson...

His career went downhill but he was still there kicking asses for a while.

9/17/13 11:09 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
545 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  The way I heard it Jones started the whole thing with Cormier. Phone Post

Yeah didn't he come out and say "I'm sick of hearing about him he's nothing" or something like that which set COrmier off?

I heard it was before that. Like a year or two before Jones became champ. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.