UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jones: Cormier is a big hater of mine

9/17/13 8:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

two things.

First DC is coming at him cause he cant/wont fight for the HW title while Cain is champ and he knows Jones is a star and a champ.  DC knows that getting at Jones and talking shit and building up a fued is the fastest way to cut the line and get a title fight.  Not to mention it makes the fight more promotable if they have beef.

For Jones I think he knows DC is probably the most dangerous challenger right now for him with his wrestling and his striking/power.  I think he would much rather fight Glover cause he can bully Glover.  DC is gonna be a much tougher fight so thats why he is playing him off as a nobody who doesnt deserve to fight him.

9/17/13 8:38 PM
Kneeblock
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really like Jones and hope most of what he says is hype. Otherwise it's amazing that someone can be so self-unaware.

9/17/13 8:57 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bjj red belt - 
RileyPust -
bjj red belt - 
RileyPust -

I'm going on Twitter to see if Joe Calzaghe wants to go grab a beer and connect on a racial level.

You're Welsh? Phone Post

That's an ethnicity and a nationality, but not a race.

Pretty sure race and ethnicity are the same thing but ok. Phone Post

Nope. Irish, French, Welsh, German, Slovak etc are all ethnicities within the Caucasian race. Nationality is defined by the country you were born in. Ethnicity is a combination of genes and culture, whereas race is a scientific distinction between subspecies of human being. Italians and Irish were both discriminated against when they arrived in the states, an example of "ethnic discrimination" rather than racism.
9/17/13 9:02 PM
MrAntichrist
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Obviously I understand the point he was attempting to make about the common ethnic background, but I don't really see why that needed to be brought into it. I wouldn't call it racism, but it still seems ignorant to say that you should get along automatically because you are the same color. Whether you're using it positively or negatively, skin color still does not determine character or relatabilty (not a real word?) .

Also I think DC should probably have at least one fight at LHW before Jones, but we'll see how the Big Country fight goes. He certainly isn't far off from a shot though IMO Phone Post 3.0
9/17/13 9:29 PM
ramaham

It's not just DC buddy...

-honky/arab Phone Post 3.0
9/17/13 9:34 PM
Williambonney

It's not just DC the majority of the population (those that are aware of mma anyway) hate him
9/17/13 9:38 PM
Sprawl'n'Stall
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's such a GREAT fighter yet seems so awkward socially. That's a rare mix in a "non-shy" person.

9/17/13 11:42 PM
RUSRedDevil
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's a different kind of racism I think it's a "house slave" type situation. Southern African Americans are different culturally as southern whites are to northerner whites. Dan Cromier (LA) Rampage (TN) Mo Lawal (tx) Melvin (tx or LA) don't get along with Northern Jones (NY) Phone Post 3.0
9/18/13 1:48 AM
Attila
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ajjr0ller - 
Attila - "he hasn't really proved much."

Yeah, he only won the arguably most stacked tournament in the history of the sport.
He was seeded directly into the semi-finals as a replacement for Overeem. Still impressive to beat big foot and Barnett, but it's hard for me to consider him a tournament winner. Phone Post

He beat Monson to earn that spot as a replacement and fought his way through the rest of the tournament. Consider it whatever you want - he destroyed/dominated two top heavyweights in BigFoot and Barnett. To say he hasn't proven much is pure ignorance. Which of Jones victories could be considered more impressive than Barnett? None, and that's not even debatable.
9/18/13 3:07 AM
Glovegate

Attila - 
ajjr0ller - 

Yeah, he only won the arguably most stacked tournament in the history of the sport.
He was seeded directly into the semi-finals as a replacement for Overeem. Still impressive to beat big foot and Barnett, but it's hard for me to consider him a tournament winner. Phone Post

He beat Monson to earn that spot as a replacement and fought his way through the rest of the tournament. Consider it whatever you want - he destroyed/dominated two top heavyweights in BigFoot and Barnett. To say he hasn't proven much is pure ignorance. Which of Jones victories could be considered more impressive than Barnett? None, and that's not even debatable.

Jones finishing Machida is more impressive than DC decisioning Barnett.  THAT is what's not debatable.

DC is a non-champ with zero wins at 205.  I'd love to see them fight but, from a purely logical standpoint, he doesn't deserve this fight yet.

9/18/13 5:07 AM
Granola

Edited: 09/18/13 5:07 AM
Jones is an example as to what happens when an ego goes unchecked by it's surroundings. The result is an obnoxious childish attitude.
9/18/13 5:42 AM
UGCTT_Bromovich
502 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JStrongMMA - " It's pathetic that me and Rashad have such a bad relationship and me and Daniel have such a bad relationship."

It sounds like your the common denominator, Jon-boy. Phone Post
lol Phone Post
9/18/13 5:49 AM
wiggum
280 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glovegate - 
Attila - 
ajjr0ller - 

Jones finishing Machida is more impressive than DC decisioning Barnett.  THAT is what's not debatable.

DC is a non-champ with zero wins at 205.  I'd love to see them fight but, from a purely logical standpoint, he doesn't deserve this fight yet.

I'm pretty sure that's debatable.
9/18/13 6:33 AM
TenOfSwords
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I guess the difference in size between Jones and Rashad - listed at 5'9" right on the UFC's own web site while TUF 2 was airing, after which he mysteriously "grew" to 5'11" - and DC, who the UFC lists at 5'11", Strikeforce listed at 5'10 1/2", and the Olympics listed at 5'9 3/4" - trumps the sameness in racial background.

I do think both Rashad and DC are jealous of Jones.

9/18/13 7:30 AM
chaplinshouse
735 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

we should at least respect each other. 

then

i don't respect Cormier as a person

classic bones confused jones

9/18/13 7:34 AM
Jone2tone
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As if I couldn't wait to see JBJ lose before, this article absolutely confirms - he needs a serious humbling loss. Confidence is great, but arrogance is a killer. Phone Post 3.0
9/18/13 7:59 AM
Bucephalus

Edited: 09/18/13 8:04 AM
Jones does this all the time. He is so full of himself, he thinks his opinion is relevant about who is 'worthy' to fight him. Whatever happened to champions who don't pick and choose and evaluate who they should fight?

And for the record... Cormier is the current #2 UFC heavyweight.. There aren't many more deserving people to fight Jones. After the way Cormier threw Barnett around the cage, you know he will put Jones on his ass. Cormier has all the tools to beat Jones.. distance closing ability, accurate punching from unpredictable angles, heavy hands and the best takedowns in the HW or LHW division.
9/18/13 8:12 AM
Arecsa
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Glover Teixeira, who Jones fights Saturday at ufc 165 live on PPV curiously got a far less withering review."

Wat? I thought Jones was fighting Alex.

"I thought he showed signs of being a high-level fighter," said Jones. "I don't think he's ready to beat me. I thought he showed signs, being punched that hard by Bader shows me where he's at. No matter what your excuse is, it still happened. If you're a seasoned vet and you said you allowed overconfidence to be your weakness, it's still a weakness you allowed to happen in the first place. If you have a great opponent and great understanding, then you won't rush into a guy like Ryan Bader who is obviously going to swing big, looping punches at you. I don't think he's the guy who's going to beat me."

Why is this shit repeated twice in the post? Typical awful UG Blog, get your shit together.
9/18/13 9:51 AM
Lazer MMA

wiggum - 
T Bag - Cormier jones will be a great fight
Couldn't care less about the shit talk going non between them just want to see them in the cage Phone Post 3.0

This.

It's the only real "big" fight for Jones at 205. Glover and Gus are for real contenders but they don't have a shot at Jones. Cormier has as much of a shot against Jones as Weidman did against Anderson. It's a great fight on paper.

Weidman fought MMA @ MW Wiggum. Let DC prove he could fight @ LHW 1 time prior FFS. This way the fight can be earned unlike Sonnen's title shot.

T Bag = 0/10
JBJ = 10/10
9/18/13 9:54 AM
Lazer MMA

Minus the hating crap that is
9/18/13 10:23 AM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just trying to make sure you don't get any ethnic discrimination mixed in with your racism, that's all.
9/18/13 10:55 AM
T Bag

bjj red belt -
T Bag - Cormier jones will be a great fight
Couldn't care less about the shit talk going non between them just want to see them in the cage Phone Post 3.0
It will not be a great fight. It will be a tall, long freak of nature beating the shit out of a guy who will sacrifice 7 inches in height and around 30 inches in reach.

It will be a one-sided ass kicking, and everyone after will question why the fuck the two were ever matched up to begin with.

Why don't we do that now and save the trouble of having to see them fight? Phone Post
Umm he beat the shit out of Bigfoot and Barnett who have 30 pounds on JBJ while also being 6'4 Phone Post 3.0
9/18/13 2:54 PM
DoomFarmer

omega 2013 - LOL@a bunch of clowns on the internet parroting "socially awkward"...

Also LOL@all the clowns hating on Bones for being arrogant when if anyone would have claimed he would FINISH RAMPAGE, BADER, DRAGON, SHOGUN, PHENOM with ease, people would have said they were crazy.

You clowns should appreciate witnessing greatness while it's here...or would you rather have the "machida era" back..? Phone Post
Why so emotional about opinions, guy?

You do realize that not everyone is obligated to be a fan of fighters you like, right?

Root for him and don't worry about it. Phone Post 3.0
9/18/13 3:46 PM
Blazing Knees

ChaosOverkill - 
PostOPandProudAMA - Lol at not many african americans in the sport. Phone Post 3.0

Gotta love how he has himself convinced he's carrying the cross for his race in MMA while Gary Goodridge was beating fools up 20 years ago, and Pat Smith too with some mixed results, Kevin Jackson...

His career went downhill but he was still there kicking asses for a while.

How could you not mention Tiger?
9/18/13 4:50 PM
SQUEEZIE

Attila - 
ajjr0ller - 

that a great win but lol at it not being debatable. he beat a former champ, who was champ 11yrs ago.

jbj beat 5 and 4 in a row,who were more recent champs.he did it more impressively and dominantly. wich is saying something because dc was pretty impressive and dominate him-self(minus the impressive part in the mir fight).

so id say its debatable, and that's not even debatable.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.