UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jones: Cormier is a big hater of mine

9/18/13 5:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Attila
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SQUEEZIE - 
Attila - 
ajjr0ller - 
Attila - "he hasn't really proved much."

Yeah, he only won the arguably most stacked tournament in the history of the sport.
He was seeded directly into the semi-finals as a replacement for Overeem. Still impressive to beat big foot and Barnett, but it's hard for me to consider him a tournament winner. Phone Post

He beat Monson to earn that spot as a replacement and fought his way through the rest of the tournament. Consider it whatever you want - he destroyed/dominated two top heavyweights in BigFoot and Barnett. To say he hasn't proven much is pure ignorance. Which of Jones victories could be considered more impressive than Barnett? None, and that's not even debatable.

that a great win but lol at it not being debatable. he beat a former champ, who was champ 11yrs ago.

jbj beat 5 and 4 in a row,who were more recent champs.he did it more impressively and dominantly. wich is saying something because dc was pretty impressive and dominate him-self(minus the impressive part in the mir fight).

so id say its debatable, and that's not even debatable.

Did you even read what I wrote? I said beating Barnett is more impressive than any of Jones' *particular* victories (not his run as a whole). Who would you put above a 250lb Barnett? Machida? Rashad? Yes, those are impressive victories, but to say they're more impressive than Barnett is ridiculous.
9/18/13 6:25 PM
SQUEEZIE
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Attila - 
SQUEEZIE - 
Attila - 
ajjr0ller - 

Yeah, he only won the arguably most stacked tournament in the history of the sport.
He was seeded directly into the semi-finals as a replacement for Overeem. Still impressive to beat big foot and Barnett, but it's hard for me to consider him a tournament winner. Phone Post

He beat Monson to earn that spot as a replacement and fought his way through the rest of the tournament. Consider it whatever you want - he destroyed/dominated two top heavyweights in BigFoot and Barnett. To say he hasn't proven much is pure ignorance. Which of Jones victories could be considered more impressive than Barnett? None, and that's not even debatable.

that a great win but lol at it not being debatable. he beat a former champ, who was champ 11yrs ago.

jbj beat 5 and 4 in a row,who were more recent champs.he did it more impressively and dominantly. wich is saying something because dc was pretty impressive and dominate him-self(minus the impressive part in the mir fight).

Did you even read what I wrote? I said beating Barnett is more impressive than any of Jones' *particular* victories (not his run as a whole). Who would you put above a 250lb Barnett? Machida? Rashad? Yes, those are impressive victories, but to say they're more impressive than Barnett is ridiculous.

yea i was talking about any one of those wins are equal are more impressive.

are you saying because Barnett is bigger its more impressive?

does jbj beat barnett if he bulked up?

does dc beat gustaf,chael,machida,rashad,etc. at 205?

obviously we dont kno for sure.but imo bones beats bigfoot, barnett,mir, and nelson too if he wanted to add weight and strength.

9/18/13 7:40 PM
ajjr0ller
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Attila -
ajjr0ller - 

No doubt, those wins are very impressive. I'm not trying to knock Cormier for a lack of quality wins. I just don't consider him a tournament winner. His fight with Monson happened before Overeem was removed from the tournament, so Cormier didn't exactly fight for his spot per sé but he deserved to be in there regardless. Either way, it's kind of silly to call a years worth of fights a tournament. Phone Post
9/18/13 8:03 PM
Bipolar

JimmersonzGlove - 
ChaosOverkill - 

LOL!!!!

I hope you're not trying to imply that Jones is anywhere near the combat athlete as the Model is.
9/18/13 9:44 PM
Strykr619

I think people are either forgetting or don't know about the whole award show drama where Cormier got mad and started trash talking JBJ because Jones did "acknowledge" Cormier's wrestling background.

Cormier started this drama yet people shit on Jones for it. Fuck any pre-madonna idiot who gets mad because people "don't recognize the skills"

Cormier wants people to faun over his wrestling cred but couldn't even make weight without almost killing him self and in the process embarrassing the US team. Rank amateur shit.
9/19/13 10:52 PM
Attila
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SQUEEZIE - 
Attila - 
SQUEEZIE - 
Attila - 
ajjr0ller - 

yea i was talking about any one of those wins are equal are more impressive.

are you saying because Barnett is bigger its more impressive?

does jbj beat barnett if he bulked up?

does dc beat gustaf,chael,machida,rashad,etc. at 205?

obviously we dont kno for sure.but imo bones beats bigfoot, barnett,mir, and nelson too if he wanted to add weight and strength.

I'm saying that beating a 250 lb Barnett is more impressive than a 205 lb Machida (who was 1-2 in has last 3 fights), absolutely yes. I think Jones would probably be the favorite if he bulked up to heavyweight and fought Barnett, but I'm very confident the odds would be closer than they were with Machida (-440 +350). You really think Jones would be a bigger favorite than -440 against Barnett?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.