UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> FMJ: I want to take MMA management to next level

9/18/13 12:05 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
912 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

While Floyd Mayweather Jr is self-managed, his receives trusted advice from Al Haymon, 2005 winner of the Boxing Writers Association of America Manager of the Year award. And in an exclusive interview with FightHype, Mayweather revealed that the duo want to move into the promotion of MMA fighters.

"I want to promote MMA fighters also," said Mayweather. "We looking to promote MMA fighters, so it's the first time you're hearing it on FightHype... You know, Al Haymon is looking to manage MMA fighters. Even though Al Haymon hasn't came on record and said it, but I want Al to manage MMA fighters. I think I can take it to the next level... You know, I don't mind doing business with Dana White. Dana White's a cool guy. I've been knowing Dana before he got involved with the MMA."

A former Economics student at Harvard, Haymon started in music promoting M. C. Hammer, New Edition, Whitney Houston and Mary J. Blige, among others. In 2010 he moved into boxing, and now has a large group of fighters under his management. The addition of the pair to the MMA world could be significant.

Read entire article...

9/18/13 12:09 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Vote me down
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thug MMA incoming.

9/18/13 12:13 AM
JimmersonzGlove
395 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Too bad Iron Ring folded. Phone Post
9/18/13 12:16 AM
indianrob
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This could get interesting. Phone Post 3.0
9/18/13 12:33 AM
Danger'sDaddy
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PBF is an awesome promoter. The man just got over 40,000,000 for one fight. I d say let it happen. Phone Post 3.0
9/18/13 12:52 AM
UGCTT_Zacharinho
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mayweather making a fan out of me. Phone Post 3.0
9/18/13 12:55 AM
The BigBadWolf ticket

Vote me down -

Thug MMA incoming.

Wtf ? Phone Post
9/18/13 12:55 AM
garrote
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good. More money for fighters. Phone Post 3.0
9/18/13 12:59 AM
armbarseverywhere
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How is he going to make things better? Are the promotions going to sell millions? And will we end up in the scenario where the best fighters in the world DON'T fight each other? Or will we also have champions cherry picking opponents based on fight hype and paydays? It's bad enough as it is with all those things. It certainly wont foster champions truly being the baddest dudes on the planet.
9/18/13 1:03 AM
Ryan Black
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dude just made forty million dollars for that awesome boxing match. I wish Floyd- and more importantly, the fighters he manages- all the best. Hopefully he's right, and they *can* take it to the next level. I hope that this all plays out in the best way possible for everyone involved. Phone Post
9/18/13 1:17 AM
MMAMAZ

For the shit he's said about MMA, I hope fighters take pride over paper and stick to Malik kawa. Know what in saying dawg? Disrespectin MMA and such will only representate MoneyMay in a bad way homies. Phone Post 3.0
9/18/13 1:49 AM
justinthevikingwren
985 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Teh MMA..." Phone Post
9/18/13 2:34 AM
man meets fate

MMAMAZ - For the shit he's said about MMA, I hope fighters take pride over paper and stick to Malik kawa. Know what in saying dawg? Disrespectin MMA and such will only representate MoneyMay in a bad way homies. Phone Post 3.0
Lol.. Im sure they will take the money Phone Post
9/18/13 2:41 AM
Jake95
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

indianrob - This could get interesting. Phone Post 3.0

This.

9/18/13 2:46 AM
8:30RezAtDorsia
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jake95 -
indianrob - This could get interesting. Phone Post 3.0

This.

That Phone Post 3.0
9/18/13 3:09 AM
pharochuck
180 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
Real interesting to see how the current business model in mma would be effected Phone Post 3.0
9/18/13 3:16 AM
Matt Phillips
621 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mayweather being involved in mma is only going to strengthen the sport. It will draw more attention to fight cards his fighters are on and provide some much needed cross over attention.

Oh and 6 months of sprawl training and Mayweather might be a contender for a UFC belt. :)

This is a 100% positive. Phone Post
9/18/13 3:28 AM
Panda head
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

armbarseverywhere - How is he going to make things better? Are the promotions going to sell millions? And will we end up in the scenario where the best fighters in the world DON'T fight each other? Or will we also have champions cherry picking opponents based on fight hype and paydays? It's bad enough as it is with all those things. It certainly wont foster champions truly being the baddest dudes on the planet.
. Phone Post 3.0
9/18/13 3:35 AM
Matt Phillips
621 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

armbarseverywhere - How is he going to make things better? Are the promotions going to sell millions? And will we end up in the scenario where the best fighters in the world DON'T fight each other? Or will we also have champions cherry picking opponents based on fight hype and paydays? It's bad enough as it is with all those things. It certainly wont foster champions truly being the baddest dudes on the planet.
He's not talking about making a new promotion. He's talking about managing and promoting fighters. Hence the working with Dana White comment. Phone Post
9/18/13 4:21 AM
SonOfThePeepHole

Dana just shit himself Phone Post
9/18/13 4:44 AM
Rob Collins

Good for him. Now we just have to fix the judging issues
9/18/13 4:50 AM
UGPTT_Rear Naked Chode
356 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

justinthevikingwren -  "Teh MMA..." Phone Post

In before...

9/18/13 5:05 AM
stonepony

Someone was just giving me crap for predicting this the other day. Boxers like Floyd, will all be changing their tune about MMA the moment they retire. MMA is the future of combat sports, it's the business to be in. It's where the spotlight is.

I said, wait for Floyd to retire, and he'll start managing MMA fighters and we'll start seeing him at all the big UFC events. He'll never have another bad word to say about the sport again. All of the current talk from boxers about MMA not being credible. About how it's not a real sport. None of that talk is real. It's defensive and biased and designed to insulate boxing from the inevitable.
9/18/13 5:39 AM
Dominique Robinson
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm down w/TMT Phone Post 3.0
9/18/13 7:03 AM
BenBJJ
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well, for sure someones happy!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.