UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> If this app crashes one more time I'm deleting it

9/18/13 3:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tweener
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jason - If you open your app from minimize after a while, it refreshes( which looks like the app opening again)

Are people confusing this with a "crash?"? Phone Post 3.0
No - the app crashes all the time. It's quite poorly coded. Phone Post 3.0
9/18/13 4:01 PM
PatrickVilone

Harmon Whistler -

The android app hasn't been updated since April 2012.

This Phone Post
9/18/13 4:32 PM
Malvert the Janitor
886 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris -

I'm running the latest version of the app on my Iphone 5 with AT&T and mine hasn't crashed in months?

I'm running the same and mine crashes five times a day, easy.

I use the app exclusively though so I'm sure I notice it more than others. Still major issues. Phone Post 3.0
9/29/13 2:52 AM
pfsjkd
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/29/13 2:55 AM
Jason - If you open your app from minimize after a while, it refreshes( which looks like the app opening again)

Are people confusing this with a "crash?"? Phone Post 3.0

As many have stated, no, we're not confusing that with a crash. I know what you're talking about and that's not the issue. The crashes are real. Using the app and bang. It closes by itself. Only common activity that I noticed on version 3.3 was crashing while scrolling fast. Other than that they seem random to me. Haven't noticed the scrolling crash on 3.4 or 3.5.

Crashes were common on my iPhone 5 under version 3.3 and 3.4 on iOS 6 and the iOS 7 betas. I have an iPhone 5s now and it still happens on 3.5 but less. However, even though my crashes are less, the app becomes unusable much more often than previously, which essentially reduces the benefit of the lower crash rate. When I say unusable, I'll sometimes open a thread and the page will be all gray. No way to trick it to load. Seems to happen to that one thread. Can go back and check other threads, I think, but going back to bad thread = gray screen or partially loaded page. Only way to clear it is to exit, kill the app, and restart.

The other major bug that I've noticed (although it happens less often) is trying to post and you just get the spinning circle. Never posts. If you go back, you lose the post. If you stay there, the circle spins forever. If you go back and lose the post and try to post again, same thing. Only remedy is to kill the app and restart.

Happens on AT&T's LTE, legacy 4G, or WiFi. No discrenable difference. It's not the networks or the phones guys. The app is not getting tested rigorously enough. Period.

I have diagnostic data enabled on my phone. There are numerous crash reports for the MMA app. Your developers are dropping the ball.  Big. Time.

The shitty state of these apps are resulting in lost traffic. I guarantee that's the case with me, and I'm sure it's the case with others.

9/29/13 8:32 AM
Malvert the Janitor
886 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone notice the missing threads in your subscriptions bug? You'll see your subs listed as normal yet every third or fifth (there seems to be no rhyme or reason) is simply not there....just a blank spot on your subs list where thread used to be. Phone Post 3.0
9/29/13 8:34 AM
Bucephalus

lol @ using that shitty app
9/29/13 10:41 AM
Got Reach
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

App crashes and can't log in on pc. Lol what a joke. These forums aren't as good as they could be. Phone Post
9/29/13 10:46 AM
CHILLITACO
698 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Use the Android app it hasn't had an update in years we have pixels the size of your knuckles =) Phone Post
9/29/13 10:48 AM
CHILLITACO
698 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Malvert the Janitor - Anyone notice the missing threads in your subscriptions bug? You'll see your subs listed as normal yet every third or fifth (there seems to be no rhyme or reason) is simply not there....just a blank spot on your subs list where thread used to be. Phone Post 3.0
Lol buddy I haven't been able to delete ANY of my subscriptions in probably 6 months or more so every post just adds another to the server pile =)

I wish could even tell whats going on in my subscriptions section =) Phone Post
9/29/13 10:54 AM
Hired Gun
515 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Instead of Jason and Chris addressing the issue they post "mine never crashes" as if its OK if they don't have a problem no one else should.

Complete lack of support by mma.tv . Way to appreciate you customers. Phone Post
9/29/13 11:54 AM
Malvert the Janitor

Hired Gun - Instead of Jason and Chris addressing the issue they post "mine never crashes" as if its OK if they don't have a problem no one else should.

Complete lack of support by mma.tv . Way to appreciate you customers. Phone Post
I'm assuming they rarely use the app. I use it exclusively, just about, so I tend to notice these issues more than them I presume.

If they spent a day using only the app, they'd understand the problems. No doubt about it. Phone Post 3.0
9/29/13 2:40 PM
DirtyLickinsBrah
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let me vote dammit!!! Phone Post
9/29/13 6:34 PM
LTL
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jason - 
Mr Spliff -
Chris -

I'm running the latest version of the app on my Iphone 5 with AT&T and mine hasn't crashed in months?

Is this a joke?

Same setup and I crash CONSTANTLY..... Phone Post 3.0
I also have not crashed in a long time Phone Post 3.0

Am I the only one that is picturing these two floating on a raft down river in Egypt?

Start putting poor reviews in the app store, this is the only thing that get's their attention.
9/29/13 6:43 PM
ChaosOverkill
562 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

some people saying it crashes and some not is the definition of still buggy, that's how software testing works.

9/30/13 1:53 PM
pfsjkd
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

t

10/1/13 5:36 AM
downunderground
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

App has crashed multiple times and I didn't delete. You win this time mma.tv Phone Post 3.0
10/1/13 5:49 AM
Malvert the Janitor

downunderground - App has crashed multiple times and I didn't delete. You win this time mma.tv Phone Post 3.0
Bastards....

: ) Phone Post 3.0
10/1/13 5:55 AM
downunderground
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Malvert the Janitor -
downunderground - App has crashed multiple times and I didn't delete. You win this time mma.tv Phone Post 3.0
Bastards....

: ) Phone Post 3.0
I'd just hate to think it's actually driving people away from here.. Ps thanks for the vote ups guys I didn't expect to be back in the green from a thread like this haha Phone Post 3.0
10/1/13 5:57 AM
JoshSanchez
219 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glad I have the iPhone app!

10/1/13 6:05 AM
Letibleu
1662 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/01/13 6:07 AM

I need a minute, to myself, so I can drift away from MMA.TV. The app will never get to me, what can't be done, I'll do myself on a pc. Watch it rise and watch it fall, watch the app lose control. Now I am about to break it. Face the pain, face the pain, the app is ripping me into peeeeciisss.

10/1/13 6:48 AM
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash

Mine crashes approximately every second time I open it Phone Post 3.0
10/1/13 8:32 AM
1800champagne

My app crashes about twice per year at most. Phone Post 3.0
10/2/13 2:30 PM
pfsjkd

t

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.