UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> WWE's Jim Ross wants to work in MMA

9/18/13 12:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TheKidAintMine
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
9/18/13 12:56 PM
Jacinto
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dunno for some reason i think him and Rogan would make a good team. Wonder how Joe feels about Jim wanting to come to the UFC?
9/18/13 1:03 PM
kevsh
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar - 

No...dear go, no.

What he tried to say.
9/18/13 1:04 PM
the islander
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JR would be excellent. He could cover stand up and takedowns really well. A problem would be is he might make a punch seem like it landed harder than it really did. Honestly I'm all for it. He would be great at it. Phone Post
9/18/13 1:11 PM
Triangle Choked
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why does he keep getting fired? Phone Post 3.0
9/18/13 1:14 PM
Godmode
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He could do Goldie's or Anik's job as a commentator in any MMA organization in the world, IMO. I would love to see him try it out.

LOL at the guys bothered AND BASHING HIM by his Pro Wrestling link.

I have like and watched WWE for years, but now I don't, and it's OK. I don't hate it just because it's not like the UFC product. It's nonsense if you go out of your way to bash ANOTHER TYPE OF ENTERTAINMENT.
9/18/13 1:18 PM
sniper1026
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cheesesteak - Interesting. But in my opinion, to be the best announcer you can be in MMA you'd need to understand the techniques which is very rare. For instance Goldie has been announcing for over 10 years and also trains and still doesn't know the difference between a shoulder and arm submission at times.

You are Correct SIR!!!

Announcing for an actual sport & acting as an announcer in a male soap opera are two different things.

Having solid knowledge of the actual sport is important.
Joe Rogan & Frank Mir (back in the WEC days) are the best in the business IMO! I like Bas as well.

You need to be able to articulate the actions in the octagon.

Not "Ooooh! He threw a kick." or "Ouch! that had to hurt".

What's next Mat Damon announcing that he wants to become a CIA agent or a Navy Seal???? G.T.F.O.O.H.!!!
9/18/13 1:20 PM
sniper1026

G.T.F.O.O.H.!!!
9/18/13 1:21 PM
JimmersonzGlove
507 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he's already not familiar with the fighters and techniques, he'd be fucking terrible. No room in this sport for a 61 year old n00b.

9/18/13 1:23 PM
sniper1026

Still Funny!

It is a cable show! Not the local news!
9/18/13 1:29 PM
Nonlinear

in before the purists who can't handle the fact that Pro Wrestling and MMA evolved from the same carnival side show.

9/18/13 1:30 PM
Uncle Muay Thai
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

countsavage -
Uncle Muay Thai - To be honest nobody will know how he will be announcing mma until he is given a chance. I'd give jim a chance and just see how he does. As said above, I wouldn't be happy with him as a talent spotter as somebody with mma background is obviously the better option as they will know what to look for. JR is best when behind the mic. Phone Post 3.0
Ah shit I was writing mine probably the same time you were. Almost identical! Lol. I will vote you up. Phone Post 3.0
No worries dude great minds think alike. Votes you up too : ) Phone Post 3.0
9/18/13 1:31 PM
Nonlinear

nevermind looks like I'm too late let the butthurt commence. 

Poor babies, a pwo weswer is twying to wuin my pwecious sport!!!!  How will their poor little insecure egos ever recover?????

9/18/13 1:34 PM
Steve4192
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sniper1026 - 
cheesesteak - Interesting. But in my opinion, to be the best announcer you can be in MMA you'd need to understand the techniques which is very rare. For instance Goldie has been announcing for over 10 years and also trains and still doesn't know the difference between a shoulder and arm submission at times.

You are Correct SIR!!!

Announcing for an actual sport & acting as an announcer in a male soap opera are two different things.

Having solid knowledge of the actual sport is important.
Joe Rogan & Frank Mir (back in the WEC days) are the best in the business IMO! I like Bas as well.

You need to be able to articulate the actions in the octagon.

Not "Ooooh! He threw a kick." or "Ouch! that had to hurt".

What's next Mat Damon announcing that he wants to become a CIA agent or a Navy Seal???? G.T.F.O.O.H.!!!

I don't see any reason why he couldn't pick it up.

I despise Mauro Ranallo's puns and exaggerated announcer voice, but for a guy who started his career as a pro wrestling announcer (like Ross) and doesn't train, he has a pretty solid grasp of the lingo and does fine with the technical aspects of calling MMA. If a hack like Mauro could pick it up, so could a pro like Ross. Even if he couldn't, he'd still be an improvement over clueless goofs like Goldy, Anik, and Todd Harris.
9/18/13 1:39 PM
stevekt
591 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Gus Johnson called MMA on friggin CBS then surely the UFC can give JR a guest spot on one undercard fight on a free televised card. Phone Post
9/18/13 1:40 PM
Nonlinear

The bottom line is that the spectale of Jim Ross would bring more fresh eyeballs to the UFC than almost anyone on the current roster.

A hell of a lot more people know who Jim Ross is compared to the entire UFC roster except maybe three of the current champions.

Jim Ross?  He's the WWE guy with the cowbay hat that hangs out with Stone Cold.

Goldie?  Who is that?  Fedor who?  Who the hell is Cain Velasquez?

9/18/13 1:43 PM
epwar
605 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kevsh - 
epwar - 

No...dear go, no.

What he tried to say.

LMAO!

9/18/13 1:47 PM
Nonlinear

Having intimiate knowledge is super duper important, the most important thing for a commentator! 

That must be why Dennis Miller was given an opportunity on the ratings behemoth called Monday Night Football, because of his football experience and depth of knowledge, not because it was thought and hoped he would bring in more viewers.

9/18/13 1:48 PM
Augustus_Caesar_Showtime'd_My_Butthole

If he wants to work in MMA thats great. Keep him out of the UFC. A smaller promo can use his pseudo notoriety much more so than Zuffa. Phone Post
9/18/13 1:49 PM
Augustus_Caesar_Showtime'd_My_Butthole

How ling did that last Nonl? Phone Post
9/18/13 1:53 PM
Nonlinear

I always laugh at how some MMA fans think the sport will be bigger than football and soccer yet when given an opportunity to bring in new fans they balk and cry like puritanical little babies, whaa! whaa! Jim Ross is a soap opera commentator who doesn't belong in my PERFECT AND PURE sport of MMA!!!  WHAAAAAA!!!  Take your Pro Wrestling fan base and fuck off and leave my PERFECT AND PURE sport alone!!!!!  MMA doesn't want or need your money!!!

Of course none of these asshats seem to complain about pro wrestlers in Pride FC "ruining the sport" in fact they ironically seem to worship Pride and put in on a pedastal as PERFECT AND PURE.

9/18/13 1:55 PM
DWray
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would definitely love for Jim Ross to get his chance to announce a UFC event.
9/18/13 1:55 PM
Nonlinear

Augustus_Caesar_Showtime'd_My_Butthole -  How ling did that last Nonl? Phone Post

Who cares?  The point is that MNF doesn't let some hardcore fools' zealous Crusade for Football Purity get in the way of business.

9/18/13 1:56 PM
BrocksEliteStandUp

GOAT commentator !, let him and Brain Stann do the Fox Sports shows and keep Goldie and Hogan for the PPV's. Phone Post 3.0
9/18/13 1:56 PM
INDK
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bah god almighty Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.