UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> WWE's Jim Ross wants to work in MMA

9/19/13 5:15 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Roy Batty
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Bah Gawd, he is broken in half!!! Will Kim Winslow stop the damn match?!?!"
9/19/13 3:21 PM
PrettyBoy
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roy Batty - "Bah Gawd, he is broken in half!!! Will Kim Winslow stop the damn match?!?!"
Sometimes that's what needs to be said. Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 3:27 PM
JStrongMMA
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roy Batty - "Bah Gawd, he is broken in half!!! Will Kim Winslow stop the damn match?!?!"
"They've screwed us! Keith Kizer and the judges have screwed us all!" Phone Post
9/19/13 3:35 PM
I Wild Each It
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IMO there's a fine line between popularizing the sport by bringing in people like Mayweather and Ross...and turning the sport into a freak show. The UFC has to be careful about de-legitimizing it's product/brand.

I would pass on JR.
9/19/13 3:39 PM
JStrongMMA
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I Wild Each It - IMO there's a fine line between popularizing the sport by bringing in people like Mayweather and Ross...and turning the sport into a freak show. The UFC has to be careful about de-legitimizing it's product/brand.

I would pass on JR.
This is the same company that brought in Brock Lesnar and James Toney to fight...you are worried about an experienced and widely respected commentator de-legitimize the sport?

Lesnar was a success but it could have turned out ugly. Phone Post
9/19/13 3:57 PM
I Wild Each It
151 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JStrongMMA - 
I Wild Each It - IMO there's a fine line between popularizing the sport by bringing in people like Mayweather and Ross...and turning the sport into a freak show. The UFC has to be careful about de-legitimizing it's product/brand.

I would pass on JR.
This is the same company that brought in Brock Lesnar and James Toney to fight...you are worried about an experienced and widely respected commentator de-legitimize the sport?

LOL, you have a point...
9/19/13 4:04 PM
jct71
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steve4192 - 
jct71 - Mir is articulate? Lol. I'm sure JR knows the difference between a sport and wrasslin.

Mir was fantastic when he was calling the WEC (unless Miguel Torres was in the cage).

Fantastic ? eh . Articulate ? barely
9/19/13 4:17 PM
JStrongMMA

I Wild Each It -
JStrongMMA - 

I would pass on JR.

LOL, you have a point...
I know where you are coming from but at the end of the day the guy is a commentator. If he were to call college football games, which he has done in the past at the NFL level and may do again, it wouldn't be a cause to discredit the sport of football so MMA should be no different. Phone Post
9/19/13 9:59 PM
Matt Phillips
790 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How about this....

You take Jim Ross and Chael Sonnen and have them commentate TUF fights. 

9/20/13 9:30 PM
JustPeed
179 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JustPeed - We don't need JR and his pro wrasslin shtick anywhere near UFC. I also doubt he would be able to keep up with the action.

Maybe a move to.college football on FS1 but i doubt he'd be able to keep up with that action too. Wasnt he taken off the announcing for wwf.cause he frequently got names wrong and called the "action" one step behind? Phone Post
. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.