UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Businesses that cost around 25K?

9/19/13 1:17 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BrunoMcGyver
281 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

More out of curiousity than anything else. Is there any kind of business one can start for 25K or less? I'm sure it could possibily depend on the area, seeing as some places are naturallymore expensive than others, but I wonder if there are any types of business that could be started/bought for quite cheap.

9/19/13 1:18 AM
DaveFu
2040 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vending machines?
9/19/13 1:26 AM
AllAmericanBoxing
263 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Food truck? Phone Post
9/19/13 1:30 AM
BrunoMcGyver
281 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vending Machine is interesting and I'm sure you could get a few for 25K or less...Food trucks are also good might I'm guessing they'd be more thna that around these parts. They make a truckload of money here (especially in the industrial areas) so I'm betting they'd go for a bit more than that.

I guess it could cost about that if you were to do it yaself from scratch though.

9/19/13 1:39 AM
Sennin
473 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post
9/19/13 1:41 AM
BJJBuster
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A lot of that depends: if you are relatively educated in business fundamentals and such (money, marketing, specialized knowledge) you could probably do it, depending.

If you've never run a business before and don't have much experience might be more difficult. Starting a business is much easier and you save a lot of wasted money if you've done it before

With that said: any particular type of business? Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 1:42 AM
BJJBuster
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And also do u have $ from another job to pay you when you start or would you need an immediate salary from new biz? Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 1:51 AM
JorgePaez
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ticket broker Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 1:54 AM
The artist formerly known as
1091 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hot dog cart Phone Post
9/19/13 1:58 AM
BrunoMcGyver

BJJBuster - And also do u have $ from another job to pay you when you start or would you need an immediate salary from new biz? Phone Post 3.0

As I said, I'm just curious right. I probably wouldn't go through with starting one as I lack experience with running and having my own business. I'm also not skilled in anything that I could run a successful business on (experienced and qualified journalist and policy advisor).

But I do have a fair bit of money saved up. If I was to go down the own-business route, I could prolly spend about 30-35K, including shit like insurance and all that.

9/19/13 2:01 AM
fedro
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sennin - Phone Post
Yes start moving packs Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 2:04 AM
CyborgRoyce
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lemonade stand Phone Post
9/19/13 2:07 AM
kosmo777
177 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Have you checked out any of the Jim's franchises? Not sure what the return is like on them though and what market share you can attract.

I looked at those orange juice vending machines a while back. Google Box Corporation Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 2:33 AM
Ray Elbe
230 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mobile cell charging stations.

Screen Printing company. Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 2:39 AM
DavidLangsBlackBelt
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just found a bounce house business for 22k I was thinking about picking up. Very little over head, not a lot of time commitment or labor and its already an established business with some dedicated clients, business and personal. Phone Post
9/19/13 2:47 AM
BrunoMcGyver

kosmo777 - Have you checked out any of the Jim's franchises? Not sure what the return is like on them though and what market share you can attract.

I looked at those orange juice vending machines a while back. Google Box Corporation Phone Post 3.0

Those Orange Juice machines are pretty spun out! Are there any around Perth that ya know of? I haven't seen any that's for sure. Looks pretty awesome though!!

9/19/13 4:29 AM
spider guard
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I probably wouldn't go through with starting one as I lack experience with running and having my own business."

That's the thing, you just have to do it. Every business owner has made mistakes and would do different things if they could do it all over. The worse that can happen is that you'll lose money. You'll still be able to recoup that money. 25k is not that much. I know, easy to say that it's not much, but again, you'll be able to recoup that money if you worked again. The risk of losing 25k vs the gain of having more freedom to do what you want and not have to ask a boss for permission far outweighs the risk IMO.
9/19/13 4:42 AM
Larry Appleton
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Laundromat Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 4:51 AM
Calhoon
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You could start a pool hall if you purchased all of your tables with Diamonds no excuse financing plan.
9/19/13 5:25 AM
kosmo777
177 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BrunoMcGyver -
kosmo777 - Have you checked out any of the Jim's franchises? Not sure what the return is like on them though and what market share you can attract.

Those Orange Juice machines are pretty spun out! Are there any around Perth that ya know of? I haven't seen any that's for sure. Looks pretty awesome though!!

I saw one at Hillarys and I think maybe the airport too. Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 5:49 AM
Ghengiseanie
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sennin - Phone Post
Exactly what I thought Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 5:50 AM
YumYumPandaburger
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BrunoMcGyver - 

More out of curiousity than anything else. Is there any kind of business one can start for 25K or less? I'm sure it could possibily depend on the area, seeing as some places are naturallymore expensive than others, but I wonder if there are any types of business that could be started/bought for quite cheap.

You may be able to buy RIM for 25k
9/19/13 6:03 AM
Roy Batty
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Larry Appleton - Laundromat Phone Post 3.0

For under 25K?
9/19/13 6:45 AM
BrunoMcGyver

kosmo777 - 
BrunoMcGyver -

I saw one at Hillarys and I think maybe the airport too. Phone Post 3.0

Nice. I reckon they'd be pretty popular ey. Lots of healthy hipster around ere nowadays haha

9/19/13 7:21 AM
BanjaCop
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sell stuff online. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.