UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Hendricks camp: It kills us if GSP fails PED test

9/19/13 9:54 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1025 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Prior to their fight in March UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre was accused by Nick Diaz - with no basis what so ever - of using performance enhancing drugs (PEDs). In response, GSP offered to undergo regular independent drug testing for the 12 week camp for his next fight, and invited opponent Johny Hendricks to do the same.

"Heck ya," said Hendricks in an interview with UFC Central Radio on Sportsnet 590 The Fan back in July. "The worst thing that they're going to find is a little bit of protein in my diet. If eating wild hogs and organic deer meat and a little bit of glutamine is bad for the ol' system, then I might fail."

The devil is always in the details, and when it came time to test, the GSP camp insisted it be conducted through the Las Vegas-based Voluntary Anti-Doping Association, a company which prominently features St-Pierre on the front page of its website. To Hendricks, that's cause to question VADA's impartiality.

"I don't know GSP and for him to say ‘yeah, let's go take the test over here and nowhere else that I suggested or that even the UFC suggested,' that's a little suspect to me," said Hendricks. "My career is held in his hands and here he has a foot in the door with the VADA group."

"I'm not willing to say ‘You know what GSP, you might be correct, they may not be shady, they might do it 100 percent correct. But you're talking about, I beat GSP that's millions of dollars. If I do this drug test, and they do do something to where I don't get it, now it might cost me millions of dollars, I'm not willing to risk that for GSP just to sit here and push VADA."

"My manager, his management group and the UFC and the Nevada commission, they got on the phone and they talked an hour or so. I wasn't on the conference call. We said yeah, we'll test for anything, but we don't know how deep and we don't still know if GSP is in with VADA."

"Once we found out it was a little suspect, we said, let's still do the drug testing, but let's take it a step further. Let's go to WADA, the world Olympic testing. The Nevada commission, they picked WADA, they had nothing but good things to say. ... We wanted to do WADA. When the UFC said let's do WADA, I was 100 percent ready for that."

"Then all of a sudden a week later after the conference call, I didn't know GSP was going to be doing a drug test, then it comes out that ‘Johny denied it. I said hey, you didn't even tell me you were going to do VADA. The last I heard from my management and the UFC was WADA. Then GSP just went and did VADA on his own and threw me under the bus to clear his name."

So now GSP is subjecting himself to unannounced and random blood and urine drug testing throughout his  camp, and Hendricks is eating wild hogs and organic deer meat.

And UFC president Dana White characterized the whole thing as 'crazy.'

"I think it make them both look stupid," White said last week in his Google+ Hangout chat. "These guys are going to get tested by the athletic commission. This is something that Georges St-Pierre wants to prove to everybody, because for years people have been saying (he's doping). When he fought B.J. Penn, B.J. talked smack about him. Other people have talked stuff. The kid, not only is he another guy that's been with us since day one, he's never tested positive for anything even remotely close to anything bad. He's never tested positive for anything.

"He's always been a straight shooter and always professional, yet people keep talking smack about him. I just think it's crazy for him to even do this. I just think it makes everything cloudy, man. There's a system in place by the government for combat sports, and it's just a pain in the ass for them. They can do whatever they want. They want to do it. They don't want to do it. I could care less."

So now Hendricks camp says if GSP is doping, they don't want to know.

Ted Ehrhardt, Hendricks' representative at the commission conference, said at this point said there is no good in his side's mind that can come out of testing. He said Hendricks is clean and open to testing, and Hendricks has been under no suspicion from anyone. He said St-Pierre failing would cancel the fight that Hendricks and his Team Takedown organization have been working to get for years.

"I don't know," he said regarding a potential new deal being put together for enhanced drug testing. "Like we've always said, none of this does anything for us. GSP fails a drug test, that kills us. We don't get a title fight. We have nothing to gain from drug testing."

Read entire article...

9/19/13 9:57 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
nina09
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If they don't want to know , why he keeps talking about it. I have heard more about this than about his training .
9/19/13 10:03 AM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Of course you have nothing to gain from drug testing, Johny. That should be obvious to a lot of people at this point.
9/19/13 10:05 AM
Entreri
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hendricks is really trying hard to avoid rigorous testing.
9/19/13 10:06 AM
JStrongMMA

I can't wait for this guy to eat elbow sandwiches. Phone Post
9/19/13 10:10 AM
Secureg
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Entreri - Hendricks is really trying hard to avoid rigorous testing.
This and it's getting pathetic now. I think it's Hendricks who is worried about the test gsp is all good to go.

Nice excuse about gsp failing though. Manager must have thought of that. Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 10:17 AM
Secureg
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ssj - jonny via ko
It's possible we have seem gsp not really enjoying getting hit lol Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 10:19 AM
lars_schifinkter
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So dumb... all of it.
9/19/13 10:23 AM
Secureg

YukiNakai'sEye - GSP wants the testing done. As long as they're on his terms and he knows what's being tested for.

We've seen from the Lance Armstrong fiasco that clean tests don't mean anything when you have enough money and a team of Doctors behind you. Something GSP has.

We also know that GSP, despite being a really nice guy, is also a ruthless competitor who will cheat repeatedly If needed (See- greasegate). Phone Post 3.0
U might not have seen GSPs camp came out and said recently they will do any test no matter what it's for. Gsp is clean that I'm sure of. Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 10:26 AM
Secureg

YukiNakai'sEye -
Secureg -
YukiNakai'sEye - GSP wants the testing done. As long as they're on his terms and he knows what's being tested for.

We've seen from the Lance Armstrong fiasco that clean tests don't mean anything when you have enough money and a team of Doctors behind you. Something GSP has.

We also know that GSP, despite being a really nice guy, is also a ruthless competitor who will cheat repeatedly If needed (See- greasegate). Phone Post 3.0
U might not have seen GSPs camp came out and said recently they will do any test no matter what it's for. Gsp is clean that I'm sure of. Phone Post 3.0
With WADA? Phone Post 3.0
Yup. Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 10:30 AM
JStrongMMA

I have a feeling I am going to check this thread a few hours from now and I will see multiple pages of ignorance and misinformation on what Vada and Wada is. Phone Post
9/19/13 10:31 AM
gotmysitchpackedbyweidman

Edited: 09/19/13 10:32 AM

I dont understand why Johnny and some retarded UGers think that VADA are exclusively sponsoring GSP? They post a pic like that whenever someone new joins the programme lol. It came down to it and ol Johnny boy has something to hide.

9/19/13 10:31 AM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YukiNakai'sEye - 
Secureg -

With WADA? Phone Post 3.0

For the record, it's not "WADA" who Johny was trying to get to test him. It was the NSAC's enhanced testing program that uses WADA accredited facilities (so does VADA). And GSP's lawyer asked if the test for HGH and EPO since the commissions usually don't, VADA does though.
9/19/13 10:34 AM
Herman Munster

Edited: 09/19/13 10:35 AM

Hendricks hides behind NSAC who has a grudge against VADA for being shown up by superior testing standards.  NSAC enhanced testing WADA accredited is no more of a higher standard than VADA.  Hendricks and his camp are clueless and are really revealing themselves as some braindead hicks in all of this.

9/19/13 10:44 AM
MexiCain AmeriCain
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JStrongMMA - I can't wait for this guy to eat elbow sandwiches. Phone Post
From who? Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 10:55 AM
Secureg

MexiCain AmeriCain -
JStrongMMA - I can't wait for this guy to eat elbow sandwiches. Phone Post
From who? Phone Post 3.0
Tim means. Gsp u idiots. As if gsp doesn't hammer people from bottom positions. Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 10:58 AM
zebers3
404 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hendricks just needs to stop talking at this point. And I think he's wrong and that he DOES gain if GSP tests positive. He'll still get his title fight, they'll just rebook it to a later date, except then everyone in the world will be rooting for Hendricks because he exposed a cheater and it will make the fight even bigger.

That being said I think GSP is clean as a whistle and Johny is sounding like an idiot and just coming off as guilty himself.

9/19/13 11:03 AM
MentaL
527 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMO News, Honcho

9/19/13 11:04 AM
Secureg

MentaL -

So nobody can be jacked and not on gear? Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 11:08 AM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 09/19/13 1:41 PM

You can use Vada and "olympic style" drug testing to get an edge over your opponent.  if you got the dollars and the doctors you can beat Vada whereas it would be significantly harder for your opponent who cant financially afford to do so.

the current testing is about the fairest you can get.  improve the testing and all you do is give the guys at the top an even bigger advantage as they have the money to beat whatever you throw at them.

Even the head of wada conceded that they were losing the battle.

9/19/13 11:10 AM
Lux Fixxins

lars_schifinkter - So dumb... all of it.
This Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 12:28 PM
Mike Rotch
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RileyPust - Of course you have nothing to gain from drug testing, Johny. That should be obvious to a lot of people at this point.

egg sactly

9/19/13 1:18 PM
1a1
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP should just say publicly that he no longer wants to do testing. Wait for people to claim that he is a cheater, then say he wants to have both WADA and VADA testing.

Then wait again and say no testing......just repeat the process over and over.
9/19/13 1:26 PM
SOO72

God damn it GSPs camp agreed weeks ago to do any testing Hendrick's camp wants, plus VADA on top of that. If GSP is doing both anyway what harm is there in Hendricks following him and doing the same. GSP tests + kills us is a fucking moronic excuse to not do the testing yourself when GSP is going to test anyway if Hendricks does or not.

Hey Jonny and manager, you not testing is not stopping GSP from testing and potentially testing + so your excuse is bullshit and you should have thought up a better lie to tell everyone.
9/19/13 1:35 PM
Rtchamp15
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hendricks is going to lose a lot of fans from this. He's making it seem like he's the one with something to hide. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.