UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Why is it cool to hate on the UFC?

9/19/13 1:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mr Makaveli
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol @ some of you hipster faggots hating on the UFC for little to no reason...

No I am not a paid poster/Cindy/whatever

Most of you insecure fucks hate on it because you want to look like a better MMA fan or been around the sport longer than others.

Stop with the faggotry and appreciate the shit. Yet again I'm only talking to the haters not everyone on the UG and yea other organisations are awesome too :) Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 1:15 PM
dMo
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's not cool...not cool at all.

9/19/13 1:21 PM
UGCTT_buchu8oolong
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Because I had this purple cape before it was cool. Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 1:35 PM
zedlepln
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Usually, it's envy. However, there are folks here who have had dealings with Zuffa or were associated with people who have had dealings with Zuffa that did not end favorably for them. Hate might be a bit strong, but they naturally have a distaste. Some of us don't like the bully tactics that the organization uses on certain occassions or specific venues. Much like Wal-Mart exercises leverage over many of its suppliers, Zuffa has a record of a similar actions, especially with its supply of labor.

And there's at least one UGer being sued by Zuffa, but no one likes him anyways, especially Wes.

9/19/13 3:37 PM
dMo
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Funny that Wes and the purple cape get mentioned in the same thread.

You gave up too soon OP.

9/19/13 3:50 PM
RickStorm
1883 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Forum Admin
Mr Makaveli - Lol @ some of you hipster faggots hating on the UFC for little to no reason...

No I am not a paid poster/Cindy/whatever

Most of you insecure fucks hate on it because you want to look like a better MMA fan or been around the sport longer than others.

Stop with the faggotry and appreciate the shit. Yet again I'm only talking to the haters not everyone on the UG and yea other organisations are awesome too :) Phone Post 3.0

Everyone has an opinion, and I respect yours as much as I do theirs

But VTFD for being such a jerk expressing yours.

Even though I agree with the hate part.. lol

9/19/13 3:50 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
368 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool to hate?

It's not even cool to like the UFC.

This is no longer 2008 with every Wal Mart selling MMA Elite shirts and every club filled with Affliction shirt wearing guys.

UFC is back to being securely niche.

There is no way it's cool to hate on it. Phone Post
9/19/13 3:54 PM
jmont

same reason people hate jon jones, ipods, and justin bieber, people hate just to be different or to have there own opinion when they don't know anything about the person/product/company Phone Post
9/19/13 4:05 PM
esque
656 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jon Jones listens to Justin Bieber on his iPod. Phone Post
9/19/13 4:06 PM
Col Angus
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ever seen a band go from underground to popular? It's the same syndrome.
9/19/13 4:12 PM
JStrongMMA
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yea...I don't get it. But it's also cool to hate on Bellator here as well. People like to pick sides...iPhone or Android, Pepsi or Coke, Mac or PC. It happens with everything. Phone Post
9/19/13 4:16 PM
Chris27

Many reasons.

First is because its not Pride.  Many fans loved Pride and when they died and the UFC became king they didnt have the same love they felt for Pride.  Sure they followed Shogun and Nog and Wandy but it wasnt the same.  Its like if you love baseball and are a Yankees fan and one day the Red Sox bought them and merged the teams.  Yes that wouldnt happen but if it did and suddenly Jeter and Mo were on the Sox you'd root for them but would you really love the Red Sox like you did the Yankees?

Next is Dana bashing a fighter a fan likes, mostly Fedor.  Those who love Fedor hate Dana which also goes to the first point about Pride, UFC isnt Pride.

Then also like someone above said when a band goes from underground to mainstream they arent cool anymore.  the sport isnt what it once was years ago when it was more underground, different rules than early UFC, style of fighting, point fighting, lay and pray, stalling against the cage.  Its not the sport old fans fell in love with.

Way some past legends/fighters have been treated turns fans off.

and being on top, its true for basically anything, they love you when you are climbing your way to the top but once you hit the mountain top they want to see you fall down the other side. 

9/19/13 4:18 PM
Vote me down

This is one faggotry op

9/19/13 4:22 PM
jmont

Pitbull3744 -
jmont -  same reason people hate jon jones, ipods, and justin bieber, people hate just to be different or to have there own opinion when they don't know anything about the person/product/company Phone Post

Ok now you know thats not true, we all loved Joney Bones until his real personality came out and then the hate came. He did that to himself. Now if you wouldve said Anderson Silva that wouldve made more sense. Bieber is a punk kid who has no respect for anything or anyone again he dug his own grave on that.
people talk about jones personality, I watch all his interviews and all the countdown shows and everything, all I see is an intelligent, dedicated young man, the ONLY thing I can think of that's even a little "cocky" is him tweeting he wins before the fight happens. but even that is just confidence, guys say they are gunna ko there opponents all the time so why is he picked on? becuase he's good and doesn't really have any flaws so people hate Phone Post
9/19/13 4:23 PM
jmont

esque - Jon Jones listens to Justin Bieber on his iPod. Phone Post
lol Phone Post
9/19/13 4:24 PM
OneGloveJimmerson
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pitbull3744 - 
jmont -  same reason people hate jon jones, ipods, and justin bieber, people hate just to be different or to have there own opinion when they don't know anything about the person/product/company Phone Post

Ok now you know thats not true, we all loved Joney Bones until his real personality came out and then the hate came. He did that to himself. Now if you wouldve said Anderson Silva that wouldve made more sense. Bieber is a punk kid who has no respect for anything or anyone again he dug his own grave on that.

I believe the Bones hate comes more from people seeing him smash their favorites and not being able to step away from all the talking they did about how he would lose. I remember dozens of threads about how Jones was a young fluke and how shogun was going to kick his skinny legs into splinters then pound him out. Then it was going to be hilarious when the Jones hype ended after Machida clowned him easily. Suga was going to "humble" him with a big hook like he did Liddell. Instead of admitting they were wrong fanboys chose to look for fault where they couldn't find it in the cage. Can't beat the man then declare him less of one by attacking his character like they really know him. Heck if he showed hubris and danced around the cage being a dick I might dislike him too but nope he just goes out and smashes.
9/19/13 4:24 PM
jmont

Pitbull3744 -

and justin beiber is a a little punk but ppl that don't know that or have never heard his music dislike him just becuase its cool to do Phone Post
9/19/13 4:26 PM
jmont

OneGloveJimmerson -
Pitbull3744 - 

I believe the Bones hate comes more from people seeing him smash their favorites and not being able to step away from all the talking they did about how he would lose. I remember dozens of threads about how Jones was a young fluke and how shogun was going to kick his skinny legs into splinters then pound him out. Then it was going to be hilarious when the Jones hype ended after Machida clowned him easily. Suga was going to "humble" him with a big hook like he did Liddell. Instead of admitting they were wrong fanboys chose to look for fault where they couldn't find it in the cage. Can't beat the man then declare him less of one by attacking his character like they really know him. Heck if he showed hubris and danced around the cage being a dick I might dislike him too but nope he just goes out and smashes.
ya this too, pride nut huggers won't let it go that jones demolishes the best pride had ( I realise most arnt as good as they were in pride but still) Phone Post
9/19/13 4:37 PM
KOphil25
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The world is full of people that disagree and hate just to disagree and hate. Take emotion out of the argument and just be real Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 4:42 PM
jmont

KOphil25 - The world is full of people that disagree and hate just to disagree and hate. Take emotion out of the argument and just be real Phone Post 3.0
spot on wish I couldve explained it this simply lol Phone Post
9/19/13 5:08 PM
Blunted Ninja
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Because a monopoly is never good Phone Post
9/19/13 5:13 PM
zedlepln
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/19/13 5:14 PM
Blunted Ninja -  Because a monopoly is never good Phone Post

If anything, they are a monospony (which is even worse). We've been over this many times, now.

It's hard to make the claim that they are a monopoly since they don't act like one.

9/19/13 5:23 PM
The Brool Story Company

hate? there are just as many nuthuggers as there are haters.

UFC could put on a garbage PPV card and you'll have the usual fucktards saying how those always end up being the best fights, how you aren't a true fan if you don't find it exciting. newflash, PAY per view cards are about the names, I can watch the Arena Football League if all I want is excitement, I watch the NFL because they have the best of the best.

9/19/13 8:34 PM
KOphil25
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jmont -
KOphil25 - The world is full of people that disagree and hate just to disagree and hate. Take emotion out of the argument and just be real Phone Post 3.0
spot on wish I couldve explained it this simply lol Phone Post
Do you listen to Colin Cowherd?? He is great at this Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 9:59 PM
bobby boulders
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's not.

But DFW on the other hand... Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.