UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Do or die for Frank Mir?

9/19/13 3:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Zachlibs
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana just said its do or die for Mir and Overeem when they fight each other. If he means that the loser gets cut, how can you possibly cut either of them, and especially Mir. Both are still better than 3/4ths of the Heavyweights in the UFC. Overeem beat Lesnar who Dana was in love with and thought he was 10000x better than he was, and Frank has fought only the top competition throughout his career. It shouldnt be do or die for each, but especially not Mir Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 3:08 PM
chawkins
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can see Dana cutting Overeem. He may still be a top 10 guy, but he's expensive and has brought a bunch of headaches with him in his short UFC stint.

Mir, on the other hand...I just can't see Dana cutting him. Mir has been part of the "in" crowd since day 1 of his UFC career. Let's be real here - he's white, marketable, well-spoken, a former champ and still a constant top-5 contender (outside of his accident-recovery period). They're not going to cut him.
9/19/13 3:11 PM
Secureg
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ I agree wit my boy here. Mir is the man but his skills seem to be diminishing and he looked real small his last fight. Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 3:31 PM
PrettyBoy
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think the UFC will cut Reem if he loses just so they can re-sign him for cheap. Mir has been with the UFC basically his whole career and I think should get to go out on his terms.

Both guys are still at the top of the UFC HW division so their is no reason to cut these guys based on skill. Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 3:53 PM
esque
486 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Overeem has looked way better in his losses and could've easily won them, while Mir has looked bad in recent losses as well as wins.

I think Mir has improved, but I think Overeem will take him out faster than Barnett did. Hopefully Mir gets another chance to prove that he's still relevant. The dude has admitted to being lazy in training before Jacksons and even went vegan for a period of time. He definetely lost it a bit there and probably won't find it again until after The Reem. Phone Post
9/19/13 3:59 PM
AbbeyRoadMe
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Frank himself may consider walking away if he gets finished again. He's a smart dude and has done commentary before. With the UFC doing so many shows now, they could find a job for him on camera. Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 4:06 PM
esque
486 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't Frank just say he's far from walking away? Phone Post
9/19/13 4:31 PM
stevekt
612 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They'll offer Mir a HOF spot. Phone Post
9/19/13 9:57 PM
Sixxtimes

"Now you'll see Frank Mir"!!!!
9/19/13 10:21 PM
rnunz
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How old is Mir? Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 10:40 PM
MT11

How do you cut either one? Both are huge names and icons. Dana needs to check his attitude. Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 11:06 PM
Zomby

Edited: 09/19/13 11:06 PM
Great!

As history has shown that this extra pressure will make for a great fight ...

or two guys afraid to engage because their job is on the line.
9/20/13 12:04 AM
bobby boulders
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can see Reem being cut and heading somewhere like OneFC.

Mir though, will be pushed to retire or something of that nature. Phone Post 3.0
9/20/13 12:09 AM
bobby boulders
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stevekt - They'll offer Mir a HOF spot. Phone Post
With all due respect to Mir, I don't see him as a HOFer. But I didn't see the TUFers as HOFers either, so... Phone Post 3.0
9/20/13 12:26 AM
ChrisJPN
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mir was a great commentator in WEC. If he loses, I hope they try to get him to take a job with them rather than let him go to Bellator.
9/20/13 12:53 AM
DanteHec
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had a dream Mir won with a comeback and reem got cut... It felt real I woke up thinking it was real... Phone Post
9/20/13 1:06 AM
SilverSpoon1996

Send Overeem down on the same cards as Belfort. Both can shoot up each other with their TRT. He is a great show when he is himself (roided).

Please Dana, you wouldnt like paying Belfort if he was losing. Hook another dude up and save his career too! ;)
9/20/13 2:05 AM
PrettyBoy
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pitbull3744 -
PrettyBoy - I think the UFC will cut Reem if he loses just so they can re-sign him for cheap. Mir has been with the UFC basically his whole career and I think should get to go out on his terms.

Both guys are still at the top of the UFC HW division so their is no reason to cut these guys based on skill. Phone Post 3.0

Mir is at the top of the HW division? you sure about that.
Why would he not be? He lost to Dos Santos and DC both ranked in the top 3. Then he lost to Josh Barnett who is clearly a top 10 fighter.

How many UFC HW's do you see beating Frank? He is fighting the cream of the crop. Phone Post 3.0
9/20/13 5:27 AM
john joe
398 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only, web/editorial
overeem is the one at risk imo; he really pissed a lot of higher echelon UFC figures off with his failed drug test and running away from Kizer and all that shit. That was not the deal they got when they signed him.
9/20/13 7:13 AM
Oontyex

Agree with op, sucks hearing that at top 10 guy is at risk of being cut for struggling with the top 5, when the UFC has a division of what, 20? , which they'd be at least within the top 50% .

Maybe UFC gold isn't meant for overseeor for Mir again, but they're still 2 of the best heavyweights in the world and have both given us tons of highlight reel memories Phone Post 3.0
9/20/13 7:57 AM
AMartElbow

chawkins - I can see Dana cutting Overeem. He may still be a top 10 guy, but he's expensive and has brought a bunch of headaches with him in his short UFC stint.

Mir, on the other hand...I just can't see Dana cutting him. Mir has been part of the "in" crowd since day 1 of his UFC career. Let's be real here - he's white, marketable, well-spoken, a former champ and still a constant top-5 contender (outside of his accident-recovery period). They're not going to cut him.
How the fuck does him being white have anything to do with it. Phone Post 3.0
9/20/13 8:55 AM
hogh20

1. Cain
2. JDS
3. Werdum
4. Cormier
5. Barnett
6. ?Mir?

Gonna cut a guy who is possibly 6th best in his weightclass in a thin weight?
9/20/13 9:00 AM
Blazing Knees

chawkins - I can see Dana cutting Overeem. He may still be a top 10 guy, but he's expensive and has brought a bunch of headaches with him in his short UFC stint.

WTF does being 'white' have to do with it?

You people...
9/20/13 9:04 AM
Blazing Knees

It's not his skills it's his goddamn gameplan. I've watched him try to 'conserve' energy by laying on the cage and thinking he's going to wear the other guy out and ends up getting ktfo

I've seen at least 3 fights he's done that shit in.

Just ONCE, I'd like to see him go out in the 1st round like a crazed killer or at least like he was when he beat/boxed/kicked Nog.

Cmon Murr.
He's friggin huge in person, I met him in Vegas in 06 when he fought Vera-he's even bigger now
9/20/13 9:05 AM
SNewman
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mir is a future HoFer I think. Really don't think he deserves to be cut although I'd say he ought to retire with a bad loss here.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.