UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> TUF 18 Episode 3 Ratings Down Big, 639k

9/19/13 4:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damon Martin ?@DamonMartin 7m

Initial ratings for TUF 18 are back - 639,000 for last night's episode. Down from 870K last week, and 762K in the premiere #UFC
Expand
9/19/13 4:21 PM
JStrongMMA
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They should move the show back to 9 p.m. EST. Isn't that what it was on FX? Phone Post
9/19/13 4:24 PM
epwar
537 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They didn't advertise a shitload during the NFL like they did for episode 2.  

9/19/13 4:25 PM
Chris27

JStrongMMA -  They should move the show back to 9 p.m. EST. Isn't that what it was on FX? Phone Post

No it was on 10pm on FX.   They messed up putting this big season on FS1, should have waited for TUF 19.  on FX this season with Ronda/Tate, teh coaches rivalry, the men/women and the very good cast would have done more than TUF 17 did.  Atleast double what they are doing now.

9/19/13 4:25 PM
The Butt Faced Assassin
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

you know where fs1 is on comcast south Florida? channel 732. this is why its failing. although i get fox wants to make this their espn. make take a whileeee
9/19/13 4:26 PM
Chris27

epwar - 

Thats true but they cant spend every commercial every week promoting TUF.  They did that cause it was the first real episode of the season after the live fights.  Plus they wanted to give it a boost from the debut. 

9/19/13 4:27 PM
ramit upper

epwar - 

That`s why I didn`t watch it.
9/19/13 4:29 PM
The Butt Faced Assassin
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bellator Fan - The queef continues Phone Post 3.0

haha. touche.
9/19/13 4:33 PM
breakbeatbox
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fight Master: Bellator MMA

Episode 3 - 676k

TUF 18

Episode 3 - 639k

lol
9/19/13 4:37 PM
The Butt Faced Assassin

breakbeatbox - Fight Master: Bellator MMA

Episode 3 - 676k

TUF 18

Episode 3 - 639k

lol

wow. hot damn. who knew joe warren was more popular than rousey?
9/19/13 4:39 PM
Card
2321 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I still need to watch the first 3 episodes... how's the season so far?

9/19/13 4:40 PM
phydeau
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

we all know it's the SAME 600k people watching both shows.
9/19/13 4:49 PM
breakbeatbox
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

But, HUT levels...yeah, that's it. HUT levels! This is a top 10 rated show in FOX Sports 1 history!
9/19/13 4:53 PM
Chris27

Card - 

I still need to watch the first 3 episodes... how's the season so far?

Good so far.  The first two fights have been good with finishes, good cast, really solid cast, some drama with the coaches that is over the top at times, Ronda comes off emotional as hell.  Tate comes off well so far. 

Garv
395 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - 
epwar - 

Thats true but they cant spend every commercial every week promoting TUF.  They did that cause it was the first real episode of the season after the live fights.  Plus they wanted to give it a boost from the debut. 

So 241000 people who watched week 2 simply forgot that TUF was on again 7 day later because there weren't any commercials for it?

ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm going to sound like a dick here.

However I think mainstream isn't ready for wmma yet.

Just my .02 Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 4:54 PM
JStrongMMA
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

phydeau - we all know it's the SAME 600k people watching both shows.
This. Phone Post
9/19/13 4:55 PM
Chris27

ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever - I'm going to sound like a dick here.

Bullshit.  It has everything to do with a new network and not women.

9/19/13 5:04 PM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like a home run!
9/19/13 5:05 PM
TheGFC
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol not that surprising the guys fought this week, when the girls get back in the cage should bring the ratings back up ;)
9/19/13 5:08 PM
IBProfane
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think a huge issue is that a lot of casual and hardcore MMA fans aren't interested in watching women fight.

I know it sounds ridiculous but the release of GTA V could be a reason for a slight dip in ratings. It could easily account for at least 50K of the dip.
9/19/13 5:16 PM
Bruham
473 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

liquidrob - Sounds like a home run!

For FS1 it probably is.

For the UFC, not so much.

Once again, which network the show airs on matters. How the other shows do compared to what else is broadcast on that network (in terms of ratings) matter to the network. Now whether those numbers are good numbers for the show/company producing the show is a different story.

But let's keep spinning the same record for the next 7-8 pages, I've got nothing else to do this afternoon anyways :(
9/19/13 5:19 PM
BRZ

ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever - I'm going to sound like a dick here.

Actually it went down with the guys fighting. Lets see if it goes back up because the women are fighting next week. Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 5:20 PM
MMALOGIC

It's an ugly number for Zuffa.  When you debut with only 760k it's an uphill battle.

639k is still not the lowest number for tuf though...  tuf 16 episode 5 on fx pulled 624k viewers which is still the historic low.  tuf 16 had 4 episodes that dropped to the 600k to 700k range.

But you have to ask yourself how shitty the numbers would be for tuf 18 if it was just the standard tuf season and it didnt have the female/male novelty act. that's a scary thought.

For fox the second episode of tuf 18 is still the second most watched program on fs1 (the most watched being the chael vs shogun main card)  And the third epsidoe (639k) still beats most nascar truck races and so far it beats most of the college football games on fs1.

a reality show in it's 18th season isnt destination television.   You need live events to build the audience back up in a desert like fs1.

if the UFC audience isnt there on fs1 by tuf 19... after this murderers row of ppv's (prelims being on fs1) and fight nights to close out the year then it's going to be a slow long slog with this fs1 deal.

9/19/13 5:23 PM
Chris27

Bruham - 
liquidrob - Sounds like a home run!

For FS1 it probably is.

For the UFC, not so much.

Once again, which network the show airs on matters. How the other shows do compared to what else is broadcast on that network (in terms of ratings) matter to the network. Now whether those numbers are good numbers for the show/company producing the show is a different story.

But let's keep spinning the same record for the next 7-8 pages, I've got nothing else to do this afternoon anyways :(

this.  For FS1 TUF beats out Nascar, boxing and even some college football games, for them its good compared to what the network does.

For the UFc its not good since its half of what the show could be doing on FX or any other established network. 

Guess its a bit of a give and take, they are helping FS1 out which in the long run should mean more money down the road but right now they are doing less viewers than ever before and thats never good. 

For the UFC its about selling PPV so if less people watching on FS1 leads to less PPV buys its a huge problem.  Dont think we will see that this year cause the next 4 PPV all should do 500k plus buys but if the UFC doesnt build on the ratings over the next year the PPV numbers could suffer and thats a huge problem.

But everywhere they've been they built it up, SPike, they went to FX/Fuel and over time grew the ratings on those networks so FS1 should be no different. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.