UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> TUF 18 Episode 3 Ratings Down Big, 639k

9/19/13 5:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MMALOGIC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/19/13 5:32 PM
phydeau - we all know it's the SAME 600k people watching both shows.

actually it's not.   the target demo numbers arent even close.    maybe around 200k and at times 300k are the same.

9/19/13 5:31 PM
zedlepln
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bjj red belt - 
Chris27 -
Bruham - 
liquidrob - Sounds like a home run!

For FS1 it probably is.

For the UFC, not so much.

Once again, which network the show airs on matters. How the other shows do compared to what else is broadcast on that network (in terms of ratings) matter to the network. Now whether those numbers are good numbers for the show/company producing the show is a different story.

But let's keep spinning the same record for the next 7-8 pages, I've got nothing else to do this afternoon anyways :(

this.  For FS1 TUF beats out Nascar, boxing and even some college football games, for them its good compared to what the network does.

For the UFc its not good since its half of what the show could be doing on FX or any other established network. 

Guess its a bit of a give and take, they are helping FS1 out which in the long run should mean more money down the road but right now they are doing less viewers than ever before and thats never good. 

For the UFC its about selling PPV so if less people watching on FS1 leads to less PPV buys its a huge problem.  Dont think we will see that this year cause the next 4 PPV all should do 500k plus buys but if the UFC doesnt build on the ratings over the next year the PPV numbers could suffer and thats a huge problem.

But everywhere they've been they built it up, SPike, they went to FX/Fuel and over time grew the ratings on those networks so FS1 should be no different. 

This guy is such a fucking shill it's ridiculous. Phone Post

While I tend to agree with you, especially since he's largely regurgitating MMALOGIC, I'm puzzled at the post you chose to make that case. Most of what he claims here is pretty well accepted.

9/19/13 5:33 PM
zedlepln
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC - 
phydeau - we all know it's the SAME 600k people watching both shows.

actually it's not.   the target demo numbers arent even close.    maybe around 200k to 300k is the same.

Now, that surprises me.

9/19/13 5:35 PM
CindyO

bjj red belt - 
Chris27 -
Bruham - 

For FS1 it probably is.

Once again, which network the show airs on matters. How the other shows do compared to what else is broadcast on that network (in terms of ratings) matter to the network. Now whether those numbers are good numbers for the show/company producing the show is a different story.

But let's keep spinning the same record for the next 7-8 pages, I've got nothing else to do this afternoon anyways :(

this.  For FS1 TUF beats out Nascar, boxing and even some college football games, for them its good compared to what the network does.

For the UFc its not good since its half of what the show could be doing on FX or any other established network. 

Guess its a bit of a give and take, they are helping FS1 out which in the long run should mean more money down the road but right now they are doing less viewers than ever before and thats never good. 

For the UFC its about selling PPV so if less people watching on FS1 leads to less PPV buys its a huge problem.  Dont think we will see that this year cause the next 4 PPV all should do 500k plus buys but if the UFC doesnt build on the ratings over the next year the PPV numbers could suffer and thats a huge problem.

But everywhere they've been they built it up, SPike, they went to FX/Fuel and over time grew the ratings on those networks so FS1 should be no different. 

This guy is such a fucking shill it's ridiculous. Phone Post

He started the thread, dummy. Did he make a point that you'd like to disagree with or did you just want to call ssssomeone a shill?

Cindy

9/19/13 5:36 PM
Vader03
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bellator Fan - The queef continues Phone Post 3.0
Cant we all just enjoy all the mma. Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 5:49 PM
zedlepln

bjj red belt -  "While I tend to agree with you, especially since he's largely regurgitating MMALOGIC, I'm puzzled at the post you chose to make that case. Most of what he claims here is pretty well accepted."

What he said is 100% true, but it's 100% spin, too. He's spinning a ratings disaster into a somewhat positive situation for the UFC. Yes, FS1 COULD go down that route (of being built up by the UFC), but it could also go down a thousand other routes. Which route it goes down remains to be seen, but this clown is spinning the fuck out of what should be reported as a disastrous ratings situation and not much more. Predictions shouldn't be given much weight, but he focuses nearly all his posts on the POTENTIAL positive situation.

He shills over and over and rarely does someone call his ass out on it. Phone Post

Then call him out where appropriate, not on a post that actually makes some damn sense. If you want to be critical, do it fairly, or you are no better than a shill. In this case, you look worse by acting petty.

9/19/13 5:53 PM
slamming
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bjj red belt - Oh look one shill getting another one's back, how surprising...

Cindy Phone Post
Stop cunting up the thread fuckwit. Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 5:53 PM
Captfireeyes
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

With some extra advertising during NFL Sunday, the UFC might be able to pull Bellator like numbers on a regular basis... *Waits for shills to praise UFC and shit on Bellator* Phone Post
9/19/13 5:55 PM
Silverball
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 -
Bruham - 

For FS1 it probably is.

500,000 plus pay per views for the next three cards? That's an interesting guestimate. How did you arive at that figure, and how will we know if it's accurate since the UFC doesn't release the actual figures?

Are you saying the UFC grew while it was on FX, or that the UFC played a key role in growing the network as a whole? If it's the later, then you're attempting to put a spin on the significance of that relationship, imo. Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 6:07 PM
Bruham
377 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bellator Fan - "this. For FS1 TUF beats out Nascar, boxing and even some college football games, for them its good compared to what the network does."

That's because FS1 isn't major in ANY of those sports in terms of content. I doubt these numbers where what they had in mind either. Phone Post 3.0

That isn't relevant if you are looking at it from a network perspective rather than a Zuffa perspective.

Even if the numbers are lower than FS1's initial projections, its still higher than 99% of their current content. From a network viewpoint, that is anchor programming until something else surpasses it.

I don't think anyone, even your arch rival, would argue the numbers are a good thing for Zuffa, but from a network stand point it is good. That's where as a Bellator fan, I would be concerned as comparatively from the networks, Zuffa has Fox's full support whereas Viacom's dicking around with timeslots for Bellator, and thus far the lack of advertisements for "Bellator: Tito vs Rampage", and instead they are advertising (sparsely at this point) just "Tito vs Rampage".

Objectively speaking.
9/19/13 6:11 PM
TheGFC
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/19/13 6:14 PM
uh i just mentioned that the GUYS fought this week..hello! so if the dip was this week that just shows how much less pp aren't interested in the guys than females, which is exactly why wmma is blowing up so much currently..
9/19/13 6:13 PM
zedlepln

Holy lurker

9/19/13 6:14 PM
pegson123

Men fought this week Phone Post
9/19/13 6:15 PM
pegson123

The women have been seriously cock blocked by Bering dump of this aids riddled station we know as fox sports 1 Phone Post
9/19/13 6:16 PM
Bruham
377 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheGFC - uh i just mentioned that the GUYS fought this week..hello! so if the dip was this week that just shows how much less pp aren't interested in the guys than females, which is exactly why wmma is blowing up so much currently..

6 years and that is your first post? Have a vote up.
9/19/13 6:22 PM
TheGFC
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Guys...it's a NEW NETWORK...there's no accurate way to calculate that it's being reviewed in most cases as the best TUF to date ALREADY, and it's just gettin warmed up. the UG always gets hypercritical about everything. calm down and wait to see how things play out. the guys fought this week..
9/19/13 7:13 PM
JimmersonzGlove
474 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn, they beat Regis Philbins show by over 600k.

9/19/13 7:15 PM
B_Goetz

TheGFC - lol not that surprising the guys fought this week, when the girls get back in the cage should bring the ratings back up ;)

TheGFC - uh i just mentioned that the GUYS fought this week..hello! so if the dip was this week that just shows how much less pp aren't interested in the guys than females, which is exactly why wmma is blowing up so much currently..

TheGFC - Guys...it's a NEW NETWORK...there's no accurate way to calculate that it's being reviewed in most cases as the best TUF to date ALREADY, and it's just gettin warmed up. the UG always gets hypercritical about everything. calm down and wait to see how things play out. the guys fought this week..

In case anyone was wondering, "TheGFC" is Glendale Fighting Club, where Edmund Tarverdyan trains Rousey.

9/19/13 7:20 PM
The Butt Faced Assassin
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

B_Goetz - 
TheGFC - lol not that surprising the guys fought this week, when the girls get back in the cage should bring the ratings back up ;)

TheGFC - uh i just mentioned that the GUYS fought this week..hello! so if the dip was this week that just shows how much less pp aren't interested in the guys than females, which is exactly why wmma is blowing up so much currently..

TheGFC - Guys...it's a NEW NETWORK...there's no accurate way to calculate that it's being reviewed in most cases as the best TUF to date ALREADY, and it's just gettin warmed up. the UG always gets hypercritical about everything. calm down and wait to see how things play out. the guys fought this week..

In case anyone was wondering, "TheGFC" is Glendale Fighting Club, where Edmund Tarverdyan trains Rousey.

good webdetective work.

HI RONDA OR RONDAS COACH!
9/19/13 7:28 PM
James Vagabond
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bjj red belt - Oh look one shill getting another one's back, how surprising...

Cindy Phone Post
I'd rather a shill than a troll in another account Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 7:34 PM
epwar
647 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

B_Goetz - 

LOL, awesome.

9/19/13 7:50 PM
Pessimist_Pete

I think this season is far more entertaining than most of recent ones. Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 7:56 PM
James Vagabond

Pessimist_Pete - I think this season is far more entertaining than most of recent ones. Phone Post 3.0
Me too. First one ice actually been hooked by for a few years Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 7:56 PM
TopGrinder

It's only going to get worse. This proves TUF sucks.

I watch every UFC and many reality tv show. That said I have watched almost every TUF even tho TUF is more of a chore these past 7 seasons.

I watched the first two episodes to give it a shot but it's just the exact same garbage. Instead of watchin TUF this week I watched big brother and survivor which are much better shows.

All these fucktards makin excuses why TUF is doin so poorly are not stating the obvious. The problem is not the network, time slot, night, competition. The problem is the fucking show sucks..... Plain and simple Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 8:06 PM
BrattMamley
992 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

B_Goetz -

Lol Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.