UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> TUF 18 Episode 3 Ratings Down Big, 639k

9/19/13 8:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Global Shield
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ouch.
9/19/13 8:28 PM
Herman Munster
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe I'm in the wrong part of the city, but not a whole lot of buzz that I'm noticing in Toronto for this weekends event.  The numbers for this weekends event should be interesting to see, but will probably be decent enough.  Expect a big rise in PPV buys to finish the year with GSP/Hendricks and Silva/Weidman.

9/19/13 8:28 PM
Perfer Et Obdura
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll watch when Roxanne fights and then when Jessamyn fights, but other than those two, I'm not interested.
9/19/13 8:38 PM
B_Goetz

"My fight week video blogs get more viewers than that." - Dana White
9/19/13 9:13 PM
robnashville
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

B_Goetz - 
TheGFC - lol not that surprising the guys fought this week, when the girls get back in the cage should bring the ratings back up ;)

TheGFC - uh i just mentioned that the GUYS fought this week..hello! so if the dip was this week that just shows how much less pp aren't interested in the guys than females, which is exactly why wmma is blowing up so much currently..

TheGFC - Guys...it's a NEW NETWORK...there's no accurate way to calculate that it's being reviewed in most cases as the best TUF to date ALREADY, and it's just gettin warmed up. the UG always gets hypercritical about everything. calm down and wait to see how things play out. the guys fought this week..

In case anyone was wondering, "TheGFC" is Glendale Fighting Club, where Edmund Tarverdyan trains Rousey.

I'm unconvinced......if it were the Glendale fellas... instead of "Guys...it's a NEW NETWORK" it would be "BRO...it's a NEW NETWORK."
9/19/13 9:33 PM
James Vagabond
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bjj red belt -
James Vagabond -
bjj red belt - Oh look one shill getting another one's back, how surprising...

Cindy Phone Post
I'd rather a shill than a troll in another account Phone Post 3.0
Oh yeah? Why not say what's really on your mind? Phone Post
Just did. Your a troll who's other account got banned so you made this BJJ red belt account knowing it would get bites. Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 9:38 PM
FedorEmilioEstevez
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Card -

I still need to watch the first 3 episodes... how's the season so far?

Same shit with less dicks Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 9:52 PM
Ben Pittsley
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know what channel FS1 is for Comcast in Massachusetts so I watch them the next day online Phone Post
9/19/13 10:20 PM
TheGFC
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol good call Rob, it's not Glendale here...bro. ;)
9/19/13 10:26 PM
LostInPeteCarrollsBlueEyes
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/19/13 10:26 PM
There are so many better reality TV shows on right now. Why would the average consumer settle for TUF?
9/19/13 10:28 PM
Vader03
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LostInPeteCarrollsBlueEyes - There are so many better reality TV shows on right now. Why would the average consumer settle for TUF?
Because the others are not about mma? Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 10:34 PM
jaytrainwreck
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Should've been left on FX. Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 10:42 PM
TheGFC
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/19/13 10:45 PM
<br /><br />exactamundo, because there's actual skilled fighting involved in this reality show. all the "Bad Girls Club" b*tchez are still mostly head-down windmills who can't fight worth a duck's fart, and fight over a stolen hairbrush, and STILL get the highest ratings on that network...whereas with TUF girls there's much more profound real life storylines and legit competitive heat pro fighters go thru, and with chicks who can actually get down...*much* better and why it will only continue blowing up..
9/19/13 10:50 PM
The Butt Faced Assassin
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheGFC - <br /><br />exactamundo, because there's actual skilled fighting involved in this reality show. all the "Bad Girls Club" b*tchez are still mostly head-down windmills who can't fight worth a duck's fart, and fight over a stolen hairbrush, and STILL get the highest ratings on that network...whereas with TUF girls there's much more profound real life storylines and legit competitive heat pro fighters go thru, and with chicks who can actually get down...*much* better and why it will only continue blowing up..

i wild each it lol
9/19/13 11:00 PM
kevsh
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here's a conversation between two very-casual MMA fans.

#1 "So has that new TuF season started?"

#2 "Yeah, a few weeks ago."

#1 "Damn, what channel is it on?"

#2 "Hmm, good question. Either it's Fox ... or FX ... or Fox Sports ... or FS1, whatever that is. I mean last season it was on FX, I think. Or was that season 16?"

#1 "Ha ha, okay. What day/time?"

#2 "Don't even ..."

Point being that the show has moved from one network to another, moved days and moved air times. And now it's on a network that even leave UGers constantly asking "How do I watch it?"
9/19/13 11:07 PM
TheGFC

Edited: 09/19/13 11:08 PM
BOOM!^...and the network launched like 10 min before the show started. it typically takes mucho time for any new network to get established. had this season debuted where everyone was already used to it airing i don't think there's any question it woulda smashed any and all previous season #s..they are literally using this show to build the new network..
9/19/13 11:15 PM
TheGFC

also, FOX Sports 1 is a re-branding of the SPEED channel which got dumped, so there's no doubt a ton of pissed off motor sports fans boycotting on top of it. once that butt hurt all dies down should gradually gain many more viewers.
9/19/13 11:37 PM
The Butt Faced Assassin
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheGFC - also, FOX Sports 1 is a re-branding of the SPEED channel which got dumped, so there's no doubt a ton of pissed off motor sports fans boycotting on top of it. once that butt hurt all dies down should gradually gain many more viewers.

Actually there has been virtually no outcry over this.

All the google results i get negative about it are from such documented web powerhouses as awfulannouncing and sportsgrid and Bleacher Report etc.

then there is the we want speed channel Facebook page....with 23k likes. which is close to the I hate lil wayne FB with 18k.

Yes its a new network but its low initial viewership is not cause of boycotting motorsports fans.
9/19/13 11:38 PM
epwar
647 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheGFC - BOOM!^...and the network launched like 10 min before the show started. it typically takes mucho time for any new network to get established. had this season debuted where everyone was already used to it airing i don't think there's any question it woulda smashed any and all previous season #s..they are literally using this show to build the new network..

LOL @ "it woulda smashed any and all previous season #s."  No TUF will ever top the Kimbo season numbers.

9/19/13 11:48 PM
Chris27

epwar - 
TheGFC - BOOM!^...and the network launched like 10 min before the show started. it typically takes mucho time for any new network to get established. had this season debuted where everyone was already used to it airing i don't think there's any question it woulda smashed any and all previous season #s..they are literally using this show to build the new network..

LOL @ "it woulda smashed any and all previous season #s."  No TUF will ever top the Kimbo season numbers.

This.  Nothing would touch Kimbo season but had this season aired a few years ago on Spike or even right now on FX it would have done really, really well.    I dont think anyone can dispute that.  But yeah dont care when this aired or on what network it wouldnt do what TUF 10 did.  That had the perfect coaches, Kimbo, HW, at mma's peak.  It was the perfect TUF storm.

9/20/13 12:02 AM
Rox19
458 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sucks that viewers went down... I wonder how they know who tuned in or not.
9/20/13 12:03 AM
TheGFC

not to worry, fyi there are also numerous female "Kimbos" currently preparing to transition, and with a lot more base martial arts and complete training. in fact, one from Russia just bypassed TUF and already got inked, so this is just the tip of the iceberg to everything that's coming..
9/20/13 12:21 AM
TheGFC

Edited: 09/20/13 12:21 AM
@Rox - yeah sucks more for the guys tho since it was guys fight week...girls fight week was actually the one that surpassed the season opener..
9/20/13 12:25 AM
slamming
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rox19 - sucks that viewers went down... I wonder how they know who tuned in or not.

What are the problems with the Nielsen data?

Nielsen definitely has its critics -- probably including every fan of a TV show that was ever cancelled due to low ratings.

A fairly eloquent critique comes from analyst Arash Amel, research director for digital media with Screen Digest. Amel tells us:

"There has never been a proven method of actually measuring how many people are watching, for how long and what [they're watching]. It's all a shorthand that was created from a panel of several thousand homes, who were supposed to be indicative of 100 million television households, and to create some kind of a common ground so you could sell advertising... It's just an immense amount of guesswork, that's carried out from a very small percentage, no matter how accurately you can say that each panel member is indicitative of a certain amount of a demographic, no matter how closely you can vet that panel, you still don't know... This is just [designed] for linear broadcasting, when you used to have three channels. Now take that, multiply it by a thousand -- or how many cable channels you receive -- then throw in a DVR... All of this guesswork, over the past few decades, has basically been standardized as fact. But it's not."
9/20/13 12:34 AM
TheGFC

Edited: 09/20/13 12:45 AM
well based on that i suppose we could throw all the #s out the window, although the being a new network issue pretty much does that already...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.