UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> TUF 18 Episode 3 Ratings Down Big, 639k

9/20/13 11:53 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_Reco Groman
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How about a link to this weeks episode?
9/20/13 12:32 PM
Phil999
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Garv - 
Chris27 - 
epwar - 

They didn't advertise a shitload during the NFL like they did for episode 2.  

Thats true but they cant spend every commercial every week promoting TUF.  They did that cause it was the first real episode of the season after the live fights.  Plus they wanted to give it a boost from the debut. 

So 241000 people who watched week 2 simply forgot that TUF was on again 7 day later because there weren't any commercials for it?

Quite possibly. That's why people advertise.
9/20/13 1:40 PM
Winston Wolf
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Internettufguy - 
breakbeatbox - Fight Master: Bellator MMA

Episode 3 - 676k

TUF 18

Episode 3 - 639k

lol
Hmmm, Spike vs FS1. One number is a decrease in average viewership, one is an increase. So one LOST viewers for the network and one GAINED viewers for the network. You can guess which is which. Phone Post 3.0

dude ur a shill does UFC pay u
9/20/13 1:42 PM
Winston Wolf
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC - 

It's an ugly number for Zuffa.  When you debut with only 760k it's an uphill battle.

639k is still not the lowest number for tuf though...  tuf 16 episode 5 on fx pulled 624k viewers which is still the historic low.  tuf 16 had 4 episodes that dropped to the 600k to 700k range.

But you have to ask yourself how shitty the numbers would be for tuf 18 if it was just the standard tuf season and it didnt have the female/male novelty act. that's a scary thought.

For fox the second episode of tuf 18 is still the second most watched program on fs1 (the most watched being the chael vs shogun main card)  And the third epsidoe (639k) still beats most nascar truck races and so far it beats most of the college football games on fs1.

a reality show in it's 18th season isnt destination television.   You need live events to build the audience back up in a desert like fs1.

if the UFC audience isnt there on fs1 by tuf 19... after this murderers row of ppv's (prelims being on fs1) and fight nights to close out the year then it's going to be a slow long slog with this fs1 deal.

lmfao all the shit u talked about Bellator and ur company cant even beat their numbers Why dont u kiss more UFC ass or do they pay u.Thats what u get for talking all ur shit Ur show has the same or less ratings lmfao.By the way I like both shows but thats what u get for talking shiet
9/20/13 5:14 PM
BRZ

octowussy - But I thought Ronda was a ratings bonanza?
Think it had more to do with a new network than Ronda. Phone Post 3.0
9/20/13 5:46 PM
InspiritMick

IBProfane - I think a huge issue is that a lot of casual and hardcore MMA fans aren't interested in watching women fight.

I know it sounds ridiculous but the release of GTA V could be a reason for a slight dip in ratings. It could easily account for at least 50K of the dip.
True Phone Post 3.0
9/21/13 9:17 AM
Sprawl 68

Miesha is ok, but Ronda is cringeworthy Phone Post 3.0
9/21/13 9:34 AM
epwar
555 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Winston Wolf - 
MMALOGIC - 

It's an ugly number for Zuffa.  When you debut with only 760k it's an uphill battle.

639k is still not the lowest number for tuf though...  tuf 16 episode 5 on fx pulled 624k viewers which is still the historic low.  tuf 16 had 4 episodes that dropped to the 600k to 700k range.

But you have to ask yourself how shitty the numbers would be for tuf 18 if it was just the standard tuf season and it didnt have the female/male novelty act. that's a scary thought.

For fox the second episode of tuf 18 is still the second most watched program on fs1 (the most watched being the chael vs shogun main card)  And the third epsidoe (639k) still beats most nascar truck races and so far it beats most of the college football games on fs1.

a reality show in it's 18th season isnt destination television.   You need live events to build the audience back up in a desert like fs1.

if the UFC audience isnt there on fs1 by tuf 19... after this murderers row of ppv's (prelims being on fs1) and fight nights to close out the year then it's going to be a slow long slog with this fs1 deal.

lmfao all the shit u talked about Bellator and ur company cant even beat their numbers Why dont u kiss more UFC ass or do they pay u.Thats what u get for talking all ur shit Ur show has the same or less ratings lmfao.By the way I like both shows but thats what u get for talking shiet

Sad to see MMALOGIC so down.  What happened to the "Chest bumps all around" enthusiasm?  

9/21/13 10:18 AM
Rox19
548 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

slamming - 
Rox19 - sucks that viewers went down... I wonder how they know who tuned in or not.

What are the problems with the Nielsen data?

Nielsen definitely has its critics -- probably including every fan of a TV show that was ever cancelled due to low ratings.

A fairly eloquent critique comes from analyst Arash Amel, research director for digital media with Screen Digest. Amel tells us:

"There has never been a proven method of actually measuring how many people are watching, for how long and what [they're watching]. It's all a shorthand that was created from a panel of several thousand homes, who were supposed to be indicative of 100 million television households, and to create some kind of a common ground so you could sell advertising... It's just an immense amount of guesswork, that's carried out from a very small percentage, no matter how accurately you can say that each panel member is indicitative of a certain amount of a demographic, no matter how closely you can vet that panel, you still don't know... This is just [designed] for linear broadcasting, when you used to have three channels. Now take that, multiply it by a thousand -- or how many cable channels you receive -- then throw in a DVR... All of this guesswork, over the past few decades, has basically been standardized as fact. But it's not."

yeah, like my Aunt and her family gathered with 8 people to watch, and I watched with Amanda Lucas, her husband and gym friend.... I think a lot of people are watching in groups. Which is fine, right?? It just sucks that the actual numbers are an important measurement of how successful the show is, and if it's going to continue or not...
9/21/13 10:26 AM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 09/21/13 10:29 AM
Winston Wolf - 
MMALOGIC - 

I dont understand your argument...  So because i shit on fightmasters numbers (rightfully so), that hurt the viewership of tuf?  I love your second grade "nanny nanny pooh pooh" argument.

fightmaster was a disaster for spike.  Tuf - even with these ugly numbers - is still a flagship product for fs1.  

fightmaster wouldnt even pull 200k vieweers on fs1.   That's why you have atleast 5 more seasons of tuf and no more seasons of fightmaster being announced.

Dont get all grumpy at me because fightmaster is being cancelled.  I gave the warning signs after the first episode.

9/21/13 11:29 AM
MMALOGIC

on a brighter note... FS1's average primetime ratings have been going up steadily.  The first week avearged around 160k in primetime.  2 weeks ago the primetime average was around 250k and last week the primetime average was 300k.

9/21/13 11:48 AM
colubrid1

The problem is the show is on WEDNESDAY night. I always kick myself because I forget mid week and miss it.

On Fridays and Sat I look for UFC.
9/21/13 11:50 AM
Winston Wolf

MMALOGIC - 
Winston Wolf - 
MMALOGIC - 

I dont understand your argument...  So because i shit on fightmasters numbers (rightfully so), that hurt the viewership of tuf?  I love your second grade "nanny nanny pooh pooh" argument.

fightmaster was a disaster for spike.  Tuf - even with these ugly numbers - is still a flagship product for fs1.  

fightmaster wouldnt even pull 200k vieweers on fs1.   That's why you have atleast 5 more seasons of tuf and no more seasons of fightmaster being announced.

Dont get all grumpy at me because fightmaster is being cancelled.  I gave the warning signs after the first episode.

what comes around goes around Im just acting like 2nd grader to mock you Arent you the same guy who kept calling Bellator Smellator ( it didnt catch on )
9/21/13 11:53 AM
McBottery
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First season in a while I'm not watching.

Can't fucking stand Rousey, and don't care about an uncompetetive division.

9/21/13 11:53 AM
Chris27

MMALOGIC - 
Winston Wolf - 
MMALOGIC - 

Bjorn did say he wasnt sure if FM was gonna get another season which probably means its dead.  

9/21/13 11:54 AM
Winston Wolf

Edited: 09/21/13 11:59 AM
MMALOGIC - 

Winston Wolf - 

MMALOGIC - 

where did i say your shitting on FM had anything to do with TUFs flop on the new channel ?? Your a nobody you could shit on on Bellator all day it wont change anything.I just said thats what you get for making thread after fucking thread about Fight Masters ratings as if anyone could give 2 shits.You do because your a paid poster who goes out of his way to put down UFCs competition.I could give a crap about what channel it is on QUIT the excuses .Dont talk about me being a 2nd grader when u made thread after fucking thread about FMs ratings like a little fucking baby.Keep posting and Ill keep tearing you a new ass
9/21/13 12:01 PM
Winston Wolf

Edited: 09/21/13 12:01 PM
no shit u gave warning signs u posted a thread every fucking day 1 day after every single show .Now ur bosses show has the same ratings Thats what u get
9/21/13 12:19 PM
RKing85
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought women on the show would get me to watch again.

I was wrong. No interest in this show what so ever.
9/21/13 12:27 PM
DonDon11
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

slamming -
bjj red belt - Oh look one shill getting another one's back, how surprising...

Cindy Phone Post
Stop cunting up the thread fuckwit. Phone Post 3.0
This Phone Post 3.0
9/21/13 2:05 PM
hackett
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Too bad about so-so ratings. It's still early, but I'm enjoying the season more than any since Penn/Pulver. 

Both of the first two fights were good and I feel like we're getting to see the real Miesha Tate.

Looking forward to Rox's fight next week!!!

9/21/13 6:46 PM
ASBELTOMATO
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the first episode was a little strange to watch, but by the second episode i feel like i adjusted to the change.

this season has fighters that go for it, and characters, like the other seasons. i think people will start to like it more and more.

i don't understand the rhonda hate. would people prefer her and miesha to hug it out all the time? those two truly hate each other, and rhonda is being herself, warts and all, and tate is putting her best face forward. it makes for a nice contrast, and i will continue to enjoy their petty rivalry as i have enjoyed other rivalries in the past.
9/21/13 7:00 PM
AlexinTO

I watch just to see how awful Rousey is.

I can't believe she is considered such a big star.
Shocking really until I remember Paris Hilton and others like her. Phone Post 3.0
9/21/13 7:08 PM
smth416
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Think you could throw a fucking period or two in your posts Winston Wolf? Phone Post
9/21/13 9:23 PM
Winston Wolf

smth416 -  Think you could throw a fucking period or two in your posts Winston Wolf? Phone Post

paid poster^^^ also one of MMALOGICS other screen names
9/22/13 4:16 PM
smth416
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Winston Wolf -
smth416 -  Think you could throw a fucking period or two in your posts Winston Wolf? Phone Post

paid poster^^^ also one of MMALOGICS other screen names
Are you typing with your feet?

Don't force me to mail elephant shit to the address you provided me on private message. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.