UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mayweather vs Canelo does 2.2 million PPV buys

9/19/13 6:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Leghound
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CindyO - They should give bonuses to all if the fighters on the card... Just because they can:)

Cindy Phone Post 3.0

And lifetime health insurance, and provide post-fight career training, and give them all jobs with the promotion after fighting if they can't find a different career, and, and....

9/19/13 6:17 PM
PrettyBoy
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CindyO - They should give bonuses to all if the fighters on the card... Just because they can:)

Cindy Phone Post 3.0
Multiple guys are getting paid well over a million dollars for this card.

When you pay right the first time you don't need bonuses.

Guys at the beginning of the main card are making Overeem money.

On the other hand when you have a pay per view and give a main event fighter 12k like Liz Camouche a bonus is the least you can do. Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 6:25 PM
Phisher
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tommy Gunnz - it blows my mind Mayweather is such a draw being that he fights such an unexciting and fights guys who have no chance to beat him

LOL. People were claiming that Mayweather was afraid to fight Canelo a few months ago and that he was going to duck him. Now, he's just some can who was mever a threat and certainly not the #1 Jr. MW who had significant size advantage over Floyd.

Unreal.

9/19/13 6:36 PM
Thacommish
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CindyO - They should give bonuses to all if the fighters on the card... Just because they can:)

Cindy Phone Post 3.0

" LOL! I don't want to "act like they should be paid more" because when a grown-ass man or woman signs a contract who am I to second guess or disagree with them??????????????????????????

Cindy"

*except for when it involves a promotion that i am not openly shilling for
9/19/13 6:38 PM
DevilsAdvocate
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How is this possible? I know of not one person who ordered it or even cared it was taking place. Phone Post
9/19/13 6:41 PM
zedlepln
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DevilsAdvocate -  How is this possible? I know of not one person who ordered it or even cared it was taking place. Phone Post

Because you don't have your ear to the ground of the boxing fan base?

9/19/13 6:44 PM
JimmersonzGlove
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The bar I went to was at capacity during the co-main and probably 50 plus people were huddled around outside watching TVs. Bullpen in San Diego for those who know...not a small place by any means. $10 cover.

9/19/13 6:47 PM
HenryO

Qannebiss - 
Tommy Gunnz - it blows my mind Mayweather is such a draw being that he fights such an unexciting and fights guys who have no chance to beat him
Yeah, I have no idea why anyone would want to watch the best boxer around today, and arguably the best defensive boxer of all time. People are odd. Phone Post

Andre Ward is a great boxer and he'd be lucky to draw 50k buys

IT's Floyds persona that people buy
9/19/13 6:49 PM
Qannebiss
182 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HenryO -
Qannebiss - 
Tommy Gunnz - it blows my mind Mayweather is such a draw being that he fights such an unexciting and fights guys who have no chance to beat him
Yeah, I have no idea why anyone would want to watch the best boxer around today, and arguably the best defensive boxer of all time. People are odd. Phone Post

I'd say it's a combination of several factors, including both points we've made. Phone Post
9/19/13 6:50 PM
pharochuck
300 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
beast66 - 
teamquestnorth -  Dont the ppv providers get half? Thats like 75 million. Pbf's guaranted pay was 41 million. Not sure how much canellos was but maybe 20? Thats not alot of extra money. How much was the gate? Phone Post

Canello was paid 10.7 million and the live gate was over 20 million.

then factor in the corporate sponsorhips like corona, theatre closed circuit, in mexico it was on free tv but apparently 80% of the country was watching and the promotion got a cut of the advertising. there were a ton of revenue streams for this fight. ton of money was generated

9/19/13 6:51 PM
Tommy Gunnz
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phisher -
Tommy Gunnz - it blows my mind Mayweather is such a draw being that he fights such an unexciting and fights guys who have no chance to beat him

LOL. People were claiming that Mayweather was afraid to fight Canelo a few months ago and that he was going to duck him. Now, he's just some can who was mever a threat and certainly not the #1 Jr. MW who had significant size advantage over Floyd.

Unreal.

if you know anything about boxing, Canelo never stood more than a punchers chance

Guess what? Garcia (likely his next opponent) doesn't either Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 6:55 PM
Rookie Fighter

That dudes sells fights lol god damn that's real money Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 7:00 PM
gokudamus stole my name iv

That's a lot of people spending 2 hours being bored on a Saturday night.
9/19/13 7:03 PM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No wonder he makes songs like this.

9/19/13 7:04 PM
MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Top Phone Post
9/19/13 7:05 PM
Weidman_wild_each_it

stats on the stolen choppy streams? I know there was at least one person.
9/19/13 7:13 PM
microMx
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gokudamus stole my name iv - That's a lot of people spending 2 hours being bored on a Saturday night.

lol @ bored, did you watch the mathysse vs garcia fight?

that fight was worth the ppv buy
9/19/13 7:14 PM
PrettyBoy
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tommy Gunnz -
Phisher -

Unreal.

if you know anything about boxing, Canelo never stood more than a punchers chance

Guess what? Garcia (likely his next opponent) doesn't either Phone Post 3.0
Who the fuck around his weight class should he fight then to make you happy? He is already fighting the absolute best at 154.

You want him to fight a middleweight just because? You wouldnt ask a GSP to fight Jon Jones.

MMA fans are fucking delusional. Just because he is one of the greatest boxers ever doesn't mean he needs to go out of his way to create and Impossible match that nobody else would ever do just so hopefully you can see him lose. Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 7:15 PM
PrettyBoy

Bellator Fan -
HenryO -
Qannebiss - 

It's because he's unbeaten more than his persona. People want to see the best more than anything else. Phone Post 3.0
This is the correct Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 7:16 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
490 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HenryO -
Qannebiss - 

Many people don't know who the fuck Andre Ward is. He's stuck in a division without stars not to mention he keeps getting injured. Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 7:17 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
490 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where are the UFC 164 buys? Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 7:19 PM
Chris27

PrettyBoy - 
Bellator Fan -
HenryO -
Qannebiss - 

It's because he's unbeaten more than his persona. People want to see the best more than anything else. Phone Post 3.0
This is the correct Phone Post 3.0

No its his persona more than his skill.  His skill is def a factor but its his persona.  Some want to see boxing perfection, lots want to see him lose because of his personality.   Plus some want to see history, see an unbeaten guy lose.  All of it factors into it but Prett Boy Floyd didnt draw as well as Money May and thats stone cold truth. 

9/19/13 7:20 PM
Vasechkin

Did anyone here bought this fight?

Who are these 2.2 millions that did?
9/19/13 7:24 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
562 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

teamquestnorth - Dont the ppv providers get half? Thats like 75 million. Pbf's guaranted pay was 41 million. Not sure how much canellos was but maybe 20? Thats not alot of extra money. How much was the gate? Phone Post
Could be that they ask for the same rate as the UFC ppv and charging $70 gets them a lot more money. Plus factor in all of the sponsorships for the event which must have been massive. Phone Post
9/19/13 7:35 PM
pharochuck
300 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
Phisher - 

Unreal.

exactly, he beat the guy who was undisputedly the top guy in the division who just beat 26-0 trout. alvarez held 2 major belts. a former 130lb champ is now the reigning guy at 154. thats simply amazing how he's done it. but now they are saying on twitter that he's afraid to step up to 160 and face golovkin or martinez. he'd never have the ball, etc. people aren't going to be happy until he goes up to heavyweight

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.