UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mayweather vs Canelo does 2.2 million PPV buys

9/19/13 7:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
He really deserves his nickname.
9/19/13 7:48 PM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/19/13 7:54 PM
Bellator Fan - 
microMx -
gokudamus stole my name iv - That's a lot of people spending 2 hours being bored on a Saturday night.

lol @ bored, did you watch the mathysse vs garcia fight?

that fight was worth the ppv buy
The first fight of the night was good too. Phone Post 3.0

Watching top level boxing leads to me cringing when I watch MMA level "boxing". And yes, it's vastly different but when I see shit like what Riddle did...

9/19/13 7:48 PM
CindyO

mrwhipple - 
Tat2tillidie - 
CindyO - They should give bonuses to all if the fighters on the card... Just because they can:)

Cindy Phone Post 3.0
This Phone Post 3.0

Maybe they should, but looking at the undercard purses ($1.2 mil, $800k, $250K, $100k) most fighters seems to have aslo entered the fight better paid than most other fighters.

What does what other fighters make or not make have to do with how much THESE guys make on an eleventy-billion dollar gate and PPV? How many fighters on the card got PPV points? I don't follow boxing so I don't know what the norms are. Has pay been released for the entire card or just for the notable money makers? Thanks.

Cindy

9/19/13 7:50 PM
CRE

UFC is still king of PPV.
9/19/13 7:51 PM
Korpiklaani

ive spent thousands over the years hoping mayweather would lose and i never thot id ever say this in my lifetime but lately, his last few fights hes kind of grown on me, his skills are just incredible, if your not cheering against him it is very fun to watch how he does his magic
9/19/13 7:52 PM
gokudamus stole my name iv

microMx - 
gokudamus stole my name iv - That's a lot of people spending 2 hours being bored on a Saturday night.

No, and I doubt the majority of the people who bought the PPV even turned it on before the Mayweather fight.
9/19/13 7:57 PM
PrettyBoy
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Lives Here -
PrettyBoy -
Tommy Gunnz -
Phisher -
Tommy Gunnz - it blows my mind Mayweather is such a draw being that he fights such an unexciting and fights guys who have no chance to beat him

LOL. People were claiming that Mayweather was afraid to fight Canelo a few months ago and that he was going to duck him. Now, he's just some can who was mever a threat and certainly not the #1 Jr. MW who had significant size advantage over Floyd.

Unreal.

if you know anything about boxing, Canelo never stood more than a punchers chance

Guess what? Garcia (likely his next opponent) doesn't either Phone Post 3.0
Who the fuck around his weight class should he fight then to make you happy? He is already fighting the absolute best at 154.

You want him to fight a middleweight just because? You wouldnt ask a GSP to fight Jon Jones.

MMA fans are fucking delusional. Just because he is one of the greatest boxers ever doesn't mean he needs to go out of his way to create and Impossible match that nobody else would ever do just so hopefully you can see him lose. Phone Post 3.0
"He's already fighting the absolute best"

He HAD his chance to fight his rival, his vest opponent, the man he was destined to fight and he didn't want it Phone Post 3.0
Bob Arum didn't want it. And Mayweather would beat him as easily as he has everyone else and you guys would still call foul and say "he only fought Manny because he is little" or some shit.

It doesn't matter who he fights you won't give him his due. Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 8:03 PM
georgejonesjr
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tommy Gunnz - it blows my mind Mayweather is such a draw being that he fights such an unexciting and fights guys who have no chance to beat him

That's like someone who loves rock and hates opera saying it blows his mind that Pavarotti made something like 300 million dollars singing opera during his lifetime.

People really like different things. Mayweather is a huge draw among people who love technical boxing, and there are more than enough of those in the US to give him 2.2 million PPV buys.

Its the same thing with GSP. He gets his 700K solid PPV sales because there is a sizeable market for technical MMA.
9/19/13 8:11 PM
joshavard
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gokudamus stole my name iv -
microMx - 

No, and I doubt the majority of the people who bought the PPV even turned it on before the Mayweather fight.
So it's not 2 hours of boredom then? Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 8:15 PM
gokudamus stole my name iv

"People really like different things. Mayweather is a huge draw among people who love technical boxing, and there are more than enough of those in the US to give him 2.2 million PPV buys."

Do you honestly believe the 2.2 million buys had anything to do with people who love technical boxing, and not mobs of casuals ordering the latest megafight for their party?

What percentage of that 2.2 million do you think EVER watch boxing the rest of the year?

9/19/13 8:16 PM
RuaYouToDoubtChaelsSubGame
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PrettyBoy -
CindyO - They should give bonuses to all if the fighters on the card... Just because they can:)

Cindy Phone Post 3.0
Multiple guys are getting paid well over a million dollars for this card.

When you pay right the first time you don't need bonuses.

Guys at the beginning of the main card are making Overeem money.

On the other hand when you have a pay per view and give a main event fighter 12k like Liz Camouche a bonus is the least you can do. Phone Post 3.0
Multiple as in Floyd canelo Garcia mathysse right? So only the main and co main. The co main could have had thwir own ppv alone..... Phone Post
9/19/13 8:17 PM
ChucoV
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Qannebiss -
Tommy Gunnz - it blows my mind Mayweather is such a draw being that he fights such an unexciting and fights guys who have no chance to beat him
Yeah, I have no idea why anyone would want to watch the best boxer around today, and arguably the best defensive boxer of all time. People are odd. Phone Post
This. Phone Post
9/19/13 8:27 PM
Larry Appleton

Mayweather to Charlie Sheen: "Bitch IM winnin, you honkey peckerwood mothaf-cka" Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 9:41 PM
SKARHEAD
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tommy Gunnz - 
Phisher -

LOL. People were claiming that Mayweather was afraid to fight Canelo a few months ago and that he was going to duck him. Now, he's just some can who was mever a threat and certainly not the #1 Jr. MW who had significant size advantage over Floyd.

Unreal.

if you know anything about boxing, Canelo never stood more than a punchers chance

Guess what? Garcia (likely his next opponent) doesn't either Phone Post 3.0

LOL, please...if u knew anything about.boxing you would.be a bigger fan of Floyd, wouldn't.find his style boring, and would admit Canelo is a good as good opponent as any...solid, undefeated, and larger.
9/19/13 9:41 PM
PrettyBoy
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FinestScotch -

The greatest can crusher in the history of the sport.

Every single one of his fights is against a world champion and normally a multiple time world champion... Lol at calling Mayweather a can crusher. Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 9:49 PM
r_o_y

Ummm what is the difference between mayweather and gsp?

I find the way floyd can move in the ring exciting.

9/19/13 9:52 PM
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CindyO - 
mrwhipple - 
Tat2tillidie - 

Cindy Phone Post 3.0
This Phone Post 3.0

Maybe they should, but looking at the undercard purses ($1.2 mil, $800k, $250K, $100k) most fighters seems to have aslo entered the fight better paid than most other fighters.

What does what other fighters make or not make have to do with how much THESE guys make on an eleventy-billion dollar gate and PPV? How many fighters on the card got PPV points? I don't follow boxing so I don't know what the norms are. Has pay been released for the entire card or just for the notable money makers? Thanks.

Cindy

I don't know,but im going to say any boxer that fought in a championship fight made more then 24,000.
9/19/13 10:00 PM
Strykr619

I think people are forgetting about the fact Canelo is a massive draw in Mexico for the pay-per-view sale were Mexicans ordering also consider the fact that it was on it was Mexican Independence Day of course the pay-per-view sales would be that high. Phone Post
9/19/13 10:02 PM
Entreri

r_o_y - 

GSP actually fights the top competition.

No ducking the smaller man.
9/19/13 10:04 PM
fasthandssam
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phisher - 

Unreal.

It comes with the territory of absolute greatness. Fedor, Jones, etc.

Opponent gets hailed as "the one" to expose "overrated fighter"... fighter beats the hell from them... opponent was just an old tomato can hardly worthy of the undercard. A classic cycle- in fact if people AREN'T criticizing in this way, you probably aren't the BEST.
9/19/13 10:27 PM
pharochuck
243 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
Entreri -
r_o_y - 

GSP actually fights the top competition.

No ducking the smaller man.
Floyd is the smaller man in just about every fight. He walks at 150 most guys who walk at 150 fight at 135 Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 10:39 PM
MT11

Thank you Mexico. Not fucking Floyd Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 11:44 PM
KingOfFighters

Tommy Gunnz - it blows my mind Mayweather is such a draw being that he fights such an unexciting and fights guys who have no chance to beat him
ever hear of this guy called gsp? Phone Post
9/20/13 12:33 AM
Snarf2000
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun - he has a chance to make it to his late 50s before he is broke if he can get a cpl more paydays like this
This. Sad but true. Phone Post 3.0
9/20/13 12:35 AM
Anderson got KTFO

A min wager buying a 4 or greater dollar pack of smokes would be like Mayweather buying 17k cigars. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.