UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rogan still believe UFC is "Swallowing" Boxing ?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

9/22/13 12:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
EatonBeever
623 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

College Frat White Boys who wear affliction and tap out t-shirts love UFC and hate Boxing and argue its going to swallow the sport of Boxing.  And those are mainly the people that post on this forum....  Go outside of this forum to international forums, minorities within the US - Boxing is the biggest combat sport of them all.

9/22/13 1:42 PM
PrettyBoy
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EatonBeever -

College Frat White Boys who wear affliction and tap out t-shirts love UFC and hate Boxing and argue its going to swallow the sport of Boxing.  And those are mainly the people that post on this forum....  Go outside of this forum to international forums, minorities within the US - Boxing is the biggest combat sport of them all.

This is pretty much the correct. Phone Post 3.0
9/22/13 1:55 PM
UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Sultan - When you compare ppv numbers between ufc and boxing, you need to compare the culmination of ufc events that take place during the time it takes between boxing ppvs.

Ufc puts on way more events than boxing and thus the ufc ppv buy rates Will be lower per show. Phone Post
This keeps being brought up but then ignored or dismissed by the EB. Phone Post
9/22/13 1:58 PM
88samurai88
250 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post 3.0
9/22/13 2:29 PM
EatonBeever
623 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

88samurai88 - Phone Post 3.0

Ironically, the MMA pic of Jones / Gus created more of a circus on this forum than the Mayweather fight.

9/22/13 3:27 PM
Joe Rogan
1277 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Honestly I've always been a big fan of boxing.  The only reason I said anything negative at all was because Lou was being a dummy and saying a bunch of stupid shit about MMA.  If he had been respectful and said it was a different sport and that the two could co-exist I would have been happy to talk positive about boxing.

9/22/13 3:43 PM
EatonBeever

Joe Rogan - 

Honestly I've always been a big fan of boxing.  The only reason I said anything negative at all was because Lou was being a dummy and saying a bunch of stupid shit about MMA.  If he had been respectful and said it was a different sport and that the two could co-exist I would have been happy to talk positive about boxing.

If you watch the interview you did, he says he's fine with MMA, just not his cup of tea.  It was the comment that UFC will swallow boxing which was so over the top and embarassing as a MMA fan.

Jones vs. Gus was a great fight, but that won't top 2.2 million ppv buys that Floyd Mayweather did.  UFC promotes itself rather than their superstars and that is why UFC will NEVER and I repeat, NEVER swallow Boxing.  Boxing will own because it promotes the fighters and not the organization.

9/22/13 3:50 PM
Fox censored my Chael screen name

2 good points from both sides.

EB has a good point when he says he believes boxing will always be bigger than UFC b/c boxing promotes fighters where as UFC promotes UFC.

I would however like to see EB reply to the good point on the other side which is

Taking into consideration the ppv's UFC does when boxing isn't, how does EB take that into consideration?

It's like comparing Honda to Ferrari. On one hand Ferrari's sell much higher so one could say that Ferrari is the better company.

On the other hand, Honda sells Civics far cheaper than Ferrari's, but they sell a shit ton more Civics so overall sales might be higher. Then one could say Honda is the better company.

9/22/13 4:30 PM
HenryO

EatonBeever - 
Joe Rogan - 

If you watch the interview you did, he says he's fine with MMA, just not his cup of tea.  It was the comment that UFC will swallow boxing which was so over the top and embarassing as a MMA fan.

Jones vs. Gus was a great fight, but that won't top 2.2 million ppv buys that Floyd Mayweather did.  UFC promotes itself rather than their superstars and that is why UFC will NEVER and I repeat, NEVER swallow Boxing.  Boxing will own because it promotes the fighters and not the organization.

Boxing has plenty of problems.

I dont know why you think the 2 have to compete.

9/22/13 5:04 PM
BrCutter
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EatonBeever - 

EB, I tend to agree with you on about 90%+ of shit you write, but if that's who you feel like you're presenting an argument to, what's the point?  I would say the majority of people you're talking about are guys under 22-23 years old and never were in a period where there was not mainstream mma.  They're pointless to argue with because of their youth, they're never going to get it.  There's nothing wrong with being a new fan; everybody was one at some point.  It's their closemindedness and ignorance.  I think there's another segment that isn't younger, but just fit into the ignorant category.  

On a side note, if ever in the D.C. area, we still have good live boxing events downtown at small venues.  You can get a bottle of Beam for the table and get a table for the fights.  Good times. 

9/22/13 5:11 PM
Fox censored my Chael screen name

Good post BrcCutter.  You usually have really good quality post. 

That's my problem with interacting on the internet, is you don't know the age and historic knowledge of who you're talking with.  Why be so adament that someone you've seen is better than someone you haven't? Context lacks around the UG.

9/22/13 5:16 PM
RML
170 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The older I get the more pointless this argument feels.

Just watch what you like guys. Why care if some anonymous dude online says their thing is better? Phone Post 3.0
9/22/13 5:18 PM
vandelay
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RML - The older I get the more pointless this argument feels.

Just watch what you like guys. Why care if some anonymous dude online says their thing is better? Phone Post 3.0
Agreed! Here's an even crazier thought.....just watch both Phone Post
9/22/13 5:37 PM
BrCutter
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fox censored my Chael screen name -

Good post BrcCutter.  You usually have really good quality post. 

That's my problem with interacting on the internet, is you don't know the age and historic knowledge of who you're talking with.  Why be so adament that someone you've seen is better than someone you haven't? Context lacks around the UG.

Exactly and thanks man! Back at ya. Phone Post

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.