UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> JBJ:"My Haters Come Across As Dumbest People Ever"

9/20/13 10:38 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Rabid Bunyip
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/20/13 10:39 AM

"Maybe I'm just getting more comfortable in my own skin, realizing that I'm trying to do things right and that some people are going to love it and some people are going to hate it.

"To be honest with you — and I know this might be controversial and it may get me a lot of backlash — my haters come across as the dumbest people ever. None of them have a real reason not to like me. 'Oh, you're too tall.' 'I don't like you.' Or, 'You're this or that.' None of them come up with anything good or concrete, so I just find them funny.

On being "fake"...

"I am fake. I think everyone is fake, to an extent. I have many different sides to me. I can be rude. I can be funny. I can be goofy. I can be cocky at times. I swear I have split personalities. So no one is going to understand me. I'm not meant to be understood.

"You can show up to an arena in a terrible mood, and then when you get the camera and the lights and the fans there, you've got to wake up. You've got to smile. Even if you're not in the mood to be happy or whatnot, you've just got to put it on. So that's what I mean when I say I am fake. You've got to put it on when it's time to put it on. There are just so many different sides to people.

"I'm just me. I wake up as many different people. But at the end of the day, I know that I love Christ. I love my family. I know I love mixed martial arts. I know I love my friends, and they're going to see different sides of me on different days.

"Maybe I appear to be fake, but it's not really my job to try to be one person. I need to be who I am, and that's many different characters.

"The biggest goal of mine is just to go back to Ithaca (N.Y.) after this fight and be happy and just think to myself, 'Wow. I did it again. Another job well done.'"

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/09/usa-today-ufc-champ-jon-jones-not-interested-in-winning-over-critics

9/20/13 10:44 AM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People need to just not read or watch interviews with Bones. He's one of the greatest talents in the sport, who cares if he's douchey?
9/20/13 10:47 AM
kinson
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ufc 151. Phone Post
9/20/13 10:52 AM
falsecrack
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't do it. Guys with his attitude are what turned me off to other professional sports I used to enjoy. You haven't cured cancer or stopped wars in the Congo, you are not the greatest human to ever live. He would be better off gaining fans (if he even wants that) by just keeping his mouth shut. If he wants less fans, on the other hand, he's doing a good job

Refuse to Lose
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He should just stop doing interviews and let his fights continue to speak for themselves. He has one of the oddest personality's I've seen in sports. Phone Post
RampageFitsLikeAGlove

kinson -  Ufc 151. Phone Post

Come on man Hendo is a pioneer of the sport.  Give him a little leeway for getting injured, not telling anyone, and backing out last minute.

Rabid Bunyip
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/20/13 11:06 AM
RileyPust - People need to just not read or watch interviews with Bones. He's one of the greatest talents in the sport, who cares if he's douchey?

Difficult to simply not read this as "first!"

He's one of the greatest talents in the sport.

Dont read his interviews.

He's interviewed so much because he's a great talent and there is a demand for great talent to be interviewed - clearly, or they would not be interviewed so often. By mainstream media and publications no less.

To state he's "douchey" speaks to the fact you have formed an opinion based on such interviews, outside of the talent shown in the cage.

I agree that the soap opera and personality microscope lens that fighters (and all athletes) are potentially viewed under shouldn't detract from the reason they viewed through that lens in the first place... but, well that sentence itself shows the chicken/egg dichotomy

9/20/13 10:55 AM
Dr Gonzo

Well there was the whole DUI incident, shortly after saying that he would never be caught doing something like that.
9/20/13 10:55 AM
canofsticks
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who else has been this good and dominant and this disliked?
9/20/13 10:57 AM
1 2 3 ACE
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Train-wreck. Every time he opens his mouth.

The thing is, before he 'made it big', I'm sure I heard some interviews of his and he seemed a likeable enough guy. Now though, it's cringe-a-second when you read/hear his interviews.
9/20/13 10:58 AM
Shoryuken Rw

It doesn't matter who doesn't like him. You'll still tune in. Phone Post 3.0
9/20/13 11:01 AM
Periodik

Man, I thought what he said was articulate and on the money, yet the insecure jbj haters rear their ugly heads. Bones is one of the nicest and fan-friendliest fighters, yet some of you pick the Dumbest reasons to hate on him. Phone Post
9/20/13 11:03 AM
Fryedtakyama owns me, it's normal

For the most part he is right. Phone Post 3.0
9/20/13 11:05 AM
theoutsiders
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Periodik - Man, I thought what he said was articulate and on the money, yet the insecure jbj haters rear their ugly heads. Bones is one of the nicest and fan-friendliest fighters, yet some of you pick the Dumbest reasons to hate on him. Phone Post
Lol refuses to sign a fans replica belt cause he worked too hard to get his real belt......riiiiiiight "fan friendly" Phone Post 3.0
9/20/13 11:06 AM
RampageFitsLikeAGlove

Dr Gonzo - Well there was the whole DUI incident, shortly after saying that he would never be caught doing something like that.

Would it have made you feel better if he would have announced his upcoming DUI?  Most people that I know don't plan them out in advance and if you would have asked them prior, they would say they would never get one.

9/20/13 11:08 AM
Damaynevent

Jon speaks the truth. Phone Post 3.0
9/20/13 11:11 AM
T Bag

theoutsiders -
Periodik - Man, I thought what he said was articulate and on the money, yet the insecure jbj haters rear their ugly heads. Bones is one of the nicest and fan-friendliest fighters, yet some of you pick the Dumbest reasons to hate on him. Phone Post
Lol refuses to sign a fans replica belt cause he worked too hard to get his real belt......riiiiiiight "fan friendly" Phone Post 3.0
This is 100% false and yet the sheep never stop repeating this no matter how often it is disproven Phone Post 3.0
9/20/13 11:13 AM
T Bag

And I agree with him totally on the "different sides" of his personality. I have said that in the past- the people expecting him to be 100% humble or 100% arrogant or living in a fantasy land. Real people aren't comic book character good or evil. If you want him to be real, that's him being real Phone Post 3.0
9/20/13 11:13 AM
Pancake Syrup Ali
549 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damaynevent - Jon speaks the truth. Phone Post 3.0

Except when he doesn't

9/20/13 11:14 AM
SupesUp
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fryedtakyama owns me, it's normal - For the most part he is right. Phone Post 3.0
This Phone Post
9/20/13 11:14 AM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rabid Bunyip - 
RileyPust - People need to just not read or watch interviews with Bones. He's one of the greatest talents in the sport, who cares if he's douchey?

Difficult to simply not read this as "first!"

He's one of the greatest talents in the sport.

Dont read his interviews.

He's interviewed so much because he's a great talent and there is a demand for great talent to be interviewed - clearly, or they would not be interviewed so often. By mainstream media and publications no less.

To state he's "douchey" speaks to the fact you have formed an opinion based on such interviews, outside of the talent shown in the cage.

I agree that the soap opera and personality microscope lens that fighters (and all athletes) are potentially viewed under shouldn't detract from the reason they viewed through that lens in the first place... but, well that sentence itself shows the chicken/egg dichotomy

I think you're reading too much into it. Of course I've formed an opinion about him. My point is that it's perpetuated by people who can't let it go. Why is every interview about how fake he is? To the point that he even embraces it nowadays. The content of Jon Jones interviews is the same 100% of the time, and yet people still manage to get upset about every new interview. For the record, it's difficult not to read your post like "I'm a first-year psychology student."
9/20/13 11:15 AM
theoutsiders
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

T Bag -
theoutsiders -
This is 100% false and yet the sheep never stop repeating this no matter how often it is disproven Phone Post 3.0
Really? Where have you seen that it was proven to be false?

I've seen FIRST hand how jones is a fucking douchebag to fans, and considering some of the shit he spews I don't doubt for a second he did that.

Fuck you and your sheep comment asshat. Phone Post 3.0
9/20/13 11:16 AM
Dr Gonzo

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
Dr Gonzo - Well there was the whole DUI incident, shortly after saying that he would never be caught doing something like that.

Would it have made you feel better if he would have announced his upcoming DUI?  Most people that I know don't plan them out in advance and if you would have asked them prior, they would say they would never get one.

Well if we're playing the "most people" game, most people who are celebrities of sorts have enough sense to

(a) Not drive drunk

(b) definitely not drive drunk after publicly announcing that he was a good role model who would never be caught driving drunk

(c) after getting caught driving drunk after specifically saying that he would never do such a thing, still act indignant as if he had never done anything to attract criticism.

I don't even hate Jones but it's ridiculous to expect people to forget that right away.
9/20/13 11:17 AM
T Bag

theoutsiders -
T Bag -
theoutsiders -

I've seen FIRST hand how jones is a fucking douchebag to fans, and considering some of the shit he spews I don't doubt for a second he did that.

Here dummy
http://offthebench.nbcsports.com/2011/07/18/the-beatdown-relax-jon-jones-will-indeed-sign-your-replica-belt/

There were even multiple people on here who attested to seeing him sign belts Phone Post 3.0
9/20/13 11:20 AM
Fryedtakyama owns me, it's normal

theoutsiders -
T Bag -
theoutsiders -

Bahh Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.