UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> JBJ:"My Haters Come Across As Dumbest People Ever"

9/20/13 11:20 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
theoutsiders
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

T Bag -
theoutsiders -
Periodik - Man, I thought what he said was articulate and on the money, yet the insecure jbj haters rear their ugly heads. Bones is one of the nicest and fan-friendliest fighters, yet some of you pick the Dumbest reasons to hate on him. Phone Post
Lol refuses to sign a fans replica belt cause he worked too hard to get his real belt......riiiiiiight "fan friendly" Phone Post 3.0
This is 100% false and yet the sheep never stop repeating this no matter how often it is disproven Phone Post 3.0
Weird. A quick "Jon jones refuses to sign belt" brings up a ton of sites with quotes taken from a Jon Jones interview talking about:

"Josh Zerkle asked Jon what the one thing he would change about the sport is and he gave one of the most obnoxious and self-important answers possible:

JONES: It's a silly one. I would get rid of the replica belts.

Like the ones they sell at the events?

JONES: Yeah. I hate it when people come up to me with a belt that looks exactly like mine and they ask me to sign it. I worked three times a day for three years to get this [light heavyweight championship] belt, and now this guy asking me for an autograph has one just like it. Are you serious? I mean it's not as heavy, but it looks just the same.

I like that. I don't think it's silly at all.

JONES: I never sign those belts.
Unless a fan is walking up to Jon and claiming that he also "earned" his replica belt, it's such an extremely petty thing for a fighter to care about.

For a sport where everyone takes such pride in the accessibility of its athletes, this is an answer that is below what I'd expect from event he most jaded of "mainstream" sports stars."

Remove Jon's nutsack off your eyes. The T bag is blinding you. Phone Post 3.0
9/20/13 11:21 AM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wait a minute... JONES comes across like a first year psychology student...

9/20/13 11:21 AM
Rudi
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FUCK YOU HATERS!!

Meet me irl so we can fite!!!

5'7 175 10% Bodyfat.
Come get your dick punched off!

LEAVE JON JONES ALONE!!!!! Phone Post
9/20/13 11:22 AM
theoutsiders
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

T Bag -
theoutsiders -
T Bag -
theoutsiders -
Periodik - Man, I thought what he said was articulate and on the money, yet the insecure jbj haters rear their ugly heads. Bones is one of the nicest and fan-friendliest fighters, yet some of you pick the Dumbest reasons to hate on him. Phone Post
Lol refuses to sign a fans replica belt cause he worked too hard to get his real belt......riiiiiiight "fan friendly" Phone Post 3.0
This is 100% false and yet the sheep never stop repeating this no matter how often it is disproven Phone Post 3.0
Really? Where have you seen that it was proven to be false?

I've seen FIRST hand how jones is a fucking douchebag to fans, and considering some of the shit he spews I don't doubt for a second he did that.

Fuck you and your sheep comment asshat. Phone Post 3.0
Here dummy
http://offthebench.nbcsports.com/2011/07/18/the-beatdown-relax-jon-jones-will-indeed-sign-your-replica-belt/

There were even multiple people on here who attested to seeing him sign belts Phone Post 3.0
I don't give a shit about his damage control. He said what he already said. That's his way of thinking. I don't care that Jackson told him to go get some fans. Phone Post 3.0
9/20/13 11:24 AM
Dead President
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's unbearable. I'd hate to think of the awful personality his kid would have if he had one with Honda Phone Post 3.0
DoomFarmer
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zzzzzzzzz

The Jesus Christ pose is a nice touch. Phone Post 3.0
theoutsiders

Fryedtakyama owns me, it's normal -
theoutsiders -
T Bag -
theoutsiders -

I've seen FIRST hand how jones is a fucking douchebag to fans, and considering some of the shit he spews I don't doubt for a second he did that.

Bahh Phone Post 3.0
Wonder what it is some people do/say on here that leave them in the red when it comes to vote downs. Phone Post 3.0
T Bag

theoutsiders -
T Bag -
theoutsiders -
T Bag -
theoutsiders -

Here dummy
http://offthebench.nbcsports.com/2011/07/18/the-beatdown-relax-jon-jones-will-indeed-sign-your-replica-belt/

There were even multiple people on here who attested to seeing him sign belts Phone Post 3.0
I don't give a shit about his damage control. He said what he already said. That's his way of thinking. I don't care that Jackson told him to go get some fans. Phone Post 3.0
Lol what a dummy. he was joking. There is photographic evidence of him signing belts before the interview even took place so how could that possibly be damage control.
It's lemmings like this guy that cause so much of the stupid hate Phone Post 3.0
9/20/13 11:25 AM
RampageFitsLikeAGlove

Dr Gonzo - 
RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
Dr Gonzo - Well there was the whole DUI incident, shortly after saying that he would never be caught doing something like that.

Would it have made you feel better if he would have announced his upcoming DUI?  Most people that I know don't plan them out in advance and if you would have asked them prior, they would say they would never get one.

Well if we're playing the "most people" game, most people who are celebrities of sorts have enough sense to

(a) Not drive drunk

(b) definitely not drive drunk after publicly announcing that he was a good role model who would never be caught driving drunk

(c) after getting caught driving drunk after specifically saying that he would never do such a thing, still act indignant as if he had never done anything to attract criticism.

I don't even hate Jones but it's ridiculous to expect people to forget that right away.

I don't think anyone said it should be forgotten but to bring it up years later is weird.  It's odd to me that it bugs people so bad that Jones got a DUI when I bet 99% of the posters here have driven while legally intoxicated or have family or friends that have.  Some of you act like he raped an entire kindergarten class.

9/20/13 11:26 AM
ShakeR_

I think he actually makes some decent points in regards to the phony / fake label he receives so often.

I think the real "hate" comes from him being sort of a boring person. If he wasn't one of the best fighters on the planet, no one would want to hang out with this dude. He's sort of an uber-talented, good looking, mimbo.

You can't have it all (unless your Chael Sonnen (belt excluded)). Phone Post
9/20/13 11:27 AM
xXJayRobXx
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People make mistakes, no one is perfect. For anyone to be pissed off or hate him for making a mistake that didn't directly affect anyone else's life is clearly caught up in there own self righteousness.
Did he apologize and show remorse? Yes.
Could the DUI incident have killed someone? Yes.
Was it a dumb fucking thing to do? Yes.
Is it uncommon for good people to make mistakes while intoxicated? Definitely not.
Should he always be defined by that moment? FUCK NO. People need to let that one go. Phone Post 3.0
9/20/13 11:30 AM
theoutsiders

T Bag -
theoutsiders -
T Bag -
theoutsiders -
T Bag -
theoutsiders -

Here dummy

Lol what a dummy. he was joking. There is photographic evidence of him signing belts before the interview even took place so how could that possibly be damage control.
It's lemmings like this guy that cause so much of the stupid hate Phone Post 3.0
Dummy? Who are you? Dana White? Just stop fool. A million people hate bones. WAAAAAAY before his retarded belt comments.

Like I've said I've seen first hand and in person how he is a douchebag to fans. I don't give a fuck what you or anyone else think.

There are a ton of fighters who interview constantly and who don't come off like an entitled piece of shit like jones does.

You nutswinger. Phone Post 3.0
9/20/13 11:30 AM
Rabid Bunyip
225 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RileyPust - 
Rabid Bunyip - 
RileyPust - People need to just not read or watch interviews with Bones. He's one of the greatest talents in the sport, who cares if he's douchey?

Difficult to simply not read this as "first!"

He's one of the greatest talents in the sport.

Dont read his interviews.

He's interviewed so much because he's a great talent and there is a demand for great talent to be interviewed - clearly, or they would not be interviewed so often. By mainstream media and publications no less.

To state he's "douchey" speaks to the fact you have formed an opinion based on such interviews, outside of the talent shown in the cage.

I agree that the soap opera and personality microscope lens that fighters (and all athletes) are potentially viewed under shouldn't detract from the reason they viewed through that lens in the first place... but, well that sentence itself shows the chicken/egg dichotomy

I think you're reading too much into it. Of course I've formed an opinion about him. My point is that it's perpetuated by people who can't let it go. Why is every interview about how fake he is? To the point that he even embraces it nowadays. The content of Jon Jones interviews is the same 100% of the time, and yet people still manage to get upset about every new interview. For the record, it's difficult not to read your post like "I'm a first-year psychology student."

Ok - not trying to be hostile.

You were first and nobody had said they were "upset" by this particular interview yet.

Point taken on reading too much into it.

Lol at first year psych student

9/20/13 11:31 AM
theoutsiders

xXJayRobXx - People make mistakes, no one is perfect. For anyone to be pissed off or hate him for making a mistake that didn't directly affect anyone else's life is clearly caught up in there own self righteousness.
Is it uncommon for good people to make mistakes while intoxicated? Definitely not.
Should he always be defined by that moment? FUCK NO. People need to let that one go. Phone Post 3.0
It's not that he did it fool, people know that mistakes are made. It's all the self righteous bullshit that he spews before and after dumb shit like DUIs Phone Post 3.0
9/20/13 11:32 AM
theoutsiders

Refuse to Lose - He should just stop doing interviews and let his fights continue to speak for themselves. He has one of the oddest personality's I've seen in sports. Phone Post
. Phone Post 3.0
9/20/13 11:34 AM
NukSooCow
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with him. Haters gonna hate. No one is perfect. Phone Post 3.0
9/20/13 11:37 AM
Silverball
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

While he may never become the Michael Jordan of MMA or whatever, he can maintain a certain balance between his public persona and what he does in the cage by simply winning.
9/20/13 11:38 AM
T Bag

theoutsiders -
xXJayRobXx - People make mistakes, no one is perfect. For anyone to be pissed off or hate him for making a mistake that didn't directly affect anyone else's life is clearly caught up in there own self righteousness.
It's not that he did it fool, people know that mistakes are made. It's all the self righteous bullshit that he spews before and after dumb shit like DUIs Phone Post 3.0
Lol this dummy is so mad right now! Phone Post 3.0
9/20/13 11:39 AM
Rudi

Silverball - While he may never become the Michael Jordan of MMA or whatever, he can maintain a certain balance between his public persona and what he does in the cage by simply winning.
Why cant he be? Jordan wasnt a perfect role model. Phone Post
9/20/13 11:42 AM
Hocky Balboa
7914 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rudi - FUCK YOU HATERS!!

5'7 175 10% Bodyfat.

Would you wear stiletto heels and stomp on my dick instead? Phone Post
9/20/13 11:43 AM
OGT

canofsticks - Who else has been this good and dominant and this disliked?
Not in mma but mayweather Phone Post
9/20/13 11:44 AM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rabid Bunyip - 
RileyPust - 
Rabid Bunyip - 
RileyPust - People need to just not read or watch interviews with Bones. He's one of the greatest talents in the sport, who cares if he's douchey?

Difficult to simply not read this as "first!"

He's one of the greatest talents in the sport.

Dont read his interviews.

He's interviewed so much because he's a great talent and there is a demand for great talent to be interviewed - clearly, or they would not be interviewed so often. By mainstream media and publications no less.

To state he's "douchey" speaks to the fact you have formed an opinion based on such interviews, outside of the talent shown in the cage.

I agree that the soap opera and personality microscope lens that fighters (and all athletes) are potentially viewed under shouldn't detract from the reason they viewed through that lens in the first place... but, well that sentence itself shows the chicken/egg dichotomy

I think you're reading too much into it. Of course I've formed an opinion about him. My point is that it's perpetuated by people who can't let it go. Why is every interview about how fake he is? To the point that he even embraces it nowadays. The content of Jon Jones interviews is the same 100% of the time, and yet people still manage to get upset about every new interview. For the record, it's difficult not to read your post like "I'm a first-year psychology student."

Ok - not trying to be hostile.

You were first and nobody had said they were "upset" by this particular interview yet.

Point taken on reading too much into it.

Lol at first year psych student

You're right, I apologize. I have no excuse for my douchiness. You should stop reading my posts.

I'll VTFU and wait for my Midol to kick in, sir.

9/20/13 11:45 AM
Rudi

Hocky Balboa -
Rudi - FUCK YOU HATERS!!

5'7 175 10% Bodyfat.

Would you wear stiletto heels and stomp on my dick instead? Phone Post
*Rubs chin*

That can be arranged..... Phone Post
9/20/13 11:47 AM
JuniorCallMeMaybe

falsecrack -

Can't do it. Guys with his attitude are what turned me off to other professional sports I used to enjoy. You haven't cured cancer or stopped wars in the Congo, you are not the greatest human to ever live. He would be better off gaining fans (if he even wants that) by just keeping his mouth shut. If he wants less fans, on the other hand, he's doing a good job

Voted up Phone Post 3.0
9/20/13 11:48 AM
Treadstone06
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I find it annoying that everyone kept saying that he was false and needs to embrace the "real" jbj. Well he seems to be leaning towards that and those people are now hating him for being himself....sigh, this place wears me out. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.