9/20/13 11:47 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Allen Hood
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fake humble. And guarantee I'm smarter than mr DUI Phone Post 3.0
9/20/13 11:48 AM
Treadstone06
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I find it annoying that everyone kept saying that he was false and needs to embrace the "real" jbj. Well he seems to be leaning towards that and those people are now hating him for being himself....sigh, this place wears me out. Phone Post
9/20/13 11:49 AM
theoutsiders
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There is a reason that he is so dominant sooo amazing at his sport yet it's almost safe to say most people dislike him.....yet we are the sheep. LOL guess it's not me. Phone Post 3.0
9/20/13 11:53 AM
RedDragons
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I'm not meant to be understood."

Just....really? Okee dokee.
9/20/13 11:55 AM
RedDragons
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In his defense tho (which is really tough for me), the dude is what now, 24? If I was world champion at age 24, I would come across WAYYYYY worse than him. I was a massive shithead at 24. So its hard to fault him.
9/20/13 11:56 AM
Dr Gonzo
182 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
Dr Gonzo - 
RampageFitsLikeAGlove - 
Dr Gonzo - Well there was the whole DUI incident, shortly after saying that he would never be caught doing something like that.

Would it have made you feel better if he would have announced his upcoming DUI?  Most people that I know don't plan them out in advance and if you would have asked them prior, they would say they would never get one.

Well if we're playing the "most people" game, most people who are celebrities of sorts have enough sense to

(a) Not drive drunk

(b) definitely not drive drunk after publicly announcing that he was a good role model who would never be caught driving drunk

(c) after getting caught driving drunk after specifically saying that he would never do such a thing, still act indignant as if he had never done anything to attract criticism.

I don't even hate Jones but it's ridiculous to expect people to forget that right away.

I don't think anyone said it should be forgotten but to bring it up years later is weird.  It's odd to me that it bugs people so bad that Jones got a DUI when I bet 99% of the posters here have driven while legally intoxicated or have family or friends that have.  Some of you act like he raped an entire kindergarten class.

The DUI happened in May of 2012 - My God this ancient history.

99% of the people aren't supposed role models.
9/20/13 11:58 AM
DirtyLickinsBrah
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like what he says in this interview.
When u are that big....u attract the most haters....and most of them hate for stupid reasons..

who hasnt driven drunk before???
.....just me and jones?.....ok....hate on Phone Post
9/20/13 11:58 AM
Silverball
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rudi - 
Silverball - While he may never become the Michael Jordan of MMA or whatever, he can maintain a certain balance between his public persona and what he does in the cage by simply winning.
Why cant he be? Jordan wasnt a perfect role model. Phone Post

When I use Jordan as an example, I'm not just talking an athlete's skill level in any given sport, but it's striking the perfect balance between public persona and how that athlete performs on the court, field, cage, etc. MIchael Jordan was a PR dream for most of his career, and was already on his way to becoming an icon of the sport prior to winning six NBA titles. Comparing anyone to Jordan (pre-retirement) is almost unfair.

Kobe might be a better example because he had a rough start, but by winning and maintaining a level of excellence, he was able to strike a balance with what has been a shaky relationship with the press and fans over the course of his career.
9/20/13 11:59 AM
Dr Gonzo
182 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BTW here is the direct quote from Jones in April of 2012, his DUI was in may lol -

"We came up with a strategy to keep it clean and be sponsored by the UFC itself. I’m glad the UFC wanted to work with me as well, and I think that they trust that I’ll never make them look bad. You never have to worry about me with a DWI (driving while under the influence) or doing something crazy," Jones explained."

source - http://www.mmaweekly.com/jon-jones-explains-ufc-sponsorship-ahead-of-showdown-with-rashad-evans
9/20/13 12:02 PM
theoutsiders
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dr Gonzo - BTW here is the direct quote from Jones in April of 2012, his DUI was in may lol -

"We came up with a strategy to keep it clean and be sponsored by the UFC itself. I’m glad the UFC wanted to work with me as well, and I think that they trust that I’ll never make them look bad. You never have to worry about me with a DWI (driving while under the influence) or doing something crazy," Jones explained."

source - http://www.mmaweekly.com/jon-jones-explains-ufc-sponsorship-ahead-of-showdown-with-rashad-evans
Lol Phone Post 3.0
9/20/13 12:10 PM
NHBDaddy
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Most of us just like watching good fights, and could give a shit about these guys outside the cage
9/20/13 12:11 PM
Herman Munster

Sorry Jones, GSP's haters have already taken that title.

9/20/13 12:12 PM
Michael Chase

Everything else aside...

"My haters are the dumbest people ever"

"I just find them funny"

Didn't really follow. Phone Post
9/20/13 12:16 PM
DragonDidn'tDrinkEnoughPee
705 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

canofsticks - Who else has been this good and dominant and this disliked?
Ivan drago Phone Post
9/20/13 12:18 PM
Coranamo

Dr Gonzo - BTW here is the direct quote from Jones in April of 2012, his DUI was in may lol -

Ha that's hilariously poor timing.
9/20/13 12:27 PM
The Sultan
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reasons to not like bones are comical at best. Phone Post
9/20/13 12:30 PM
CHILLITACO
701 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everytime I forget about his cockyness, DUI attitude, and all the haters gonna hate crap.

He likes to remind me....

9/20/13 12:31 PM
Happiness Bunny
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OGT - 
Not in mma but mayweather Phone Post

Yes boxing and mma are apples and oranges but there is no way that Jones is at the level in his sport compared to Mayweather in his.
9/20/13 12:33 PM
CHILLITACO
701 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/20/13 12:34 PM
Rudi - 
Hocky Balboa -
Rudi - FUCK YOU HATERS!!

Meet me irl so we can fite!!!

5'7 175 10% Bodyfat.
Come get your dick punched off!

LEAVE JON JONES ALONE!!!!! Phone Post
Would you wear stiletto heels and stomp on my dick instead? Phone Post
*Rubs chin*

That can be arranged..... Phone Post

I'll take you on Rudi!

I've been working hard son! Got me around 12% body fat now....

I am 6'5 220 though so if sitting is a submission I will fight with extra sweaters on.

9/20/13 12:34 PM
Rudi

Happiness Bunny -
OGT - 
Not in mma but mayweather Phone Post

Yes boxing and mma are apples and oranges but there is no way that Jones is at the level in his sport compared to Mayweather in his.
Ali, Lebron, Jack Johnson (1912), etc.... Phone Post
9/20/13 12:35 PM
Rudi

CHILLITACO -
Rudi - 
Hocky Balboa -
Rudi - FUCK YOU HATERS!!

Meet me irl so we can fite!!!

5'7 175 10% Bodyfat.
Come get your dick punched off!

LEAVE JON JONES ALONE!!!!! Phone Post
Would you wear stiletto heels and stomp on my dick instead? Phone Post
*Rubs chin*

That can be arranged..... Phone Post

I'll take you on Rudi!

I've been working hard son! Got me around 12% body fat now....

I am 6'5 220 though so if sitting is a submission I will fight with extra sweaters on.

It has to go down in my hood!!! South Alabama! So you'll pass out from heat before we bang bro! Phone Post
9/20/13 12:35 PM
ABE FROMAN

I was a Jones hater, now all that hater shit has turned me around. Dude was on point in that interview. Phone Post
9/20/13 12:37 PM
DatSpider
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Sultan -  Reasons to not like bones are comical at best. Phone Post

Hopefully, you're being facetious.

9/20/13 12:52 PM
SJax
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingofBJJ - 
Allen Hood - Fake humble. And guarantee I'm smarter than mr DUI Phone Post 3.0

Mr. DUI?

You do realize that our last US President also had a DUI, right?

The difference being that our ex president wasn't morally lecturing people publicly right before doing something that silly.
9/20/13 12:52 PM
Blunted Ninja
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I live how fans act like he's not a real person just like them. Ppl get Dui's everyday. Ppl Fuck up everyday. No ones always happy or in a good mood. Only difference between him and us is he's a star with cameras and spotlight on him. No one really gets to see us be assholes. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.