UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> JBJ:"My Haters Come Across As Dumbest People Ever"

9/20/13 10:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_ShanTheMan
448 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He is right, if you root against him in any way you are just stupid or a dick. Everyone has sports teams and figure that they can't stand, it is normal.

Also, the bad blood between him and Rashad/Cormier was all their fault, 0% his. Afterall, since they are black fighters they should have respect for each other.

I will always root against Jon Jones. Hell, this guy even made me root for Rampage once. Unforgivable
9/20/13 10:24 PM
DoomFarmer
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ShanTheMan - He is right, if you root against him in any way you are just stupid or a dick. Everyone has sports teams and figure that they can't stand, it is normal.

Also, the bad blood between him and Rashad/Cormier was all their fault, 0% his. Afterall, since they are black fighters they should have respect for each other.

I will always root against Jon Jones. Hell, this guy even made me root for Rampage once. Unforgivable
But he's so talented!

You shouldn't feel anything but envy and respect!!!

But Bisping...fuck that guy, what a dick!

Brock Lesnar was a huge turd.

That Conor McGregor guy? He can eat a bowl of shit with his arrogant self.

Basically, what I take away from all of this melodrama is that people will go above and beyond to excuse a dominant winner so as long as it makes them feel like they are on the "winning team".

It never became a problem to dislike a fighter until Jones came along. Phone Post 3.0
9/20/13 10:26 PM
Strykr619

ntcdef - 

Some of the hate comes from crushing the Pride and UFC legends.  For years everybody argued who had the better fighters.  The shows got combined and some cocky dude destroys them with ease.

This statement right here should end the thread, 100% truth.
9/20/13 10:29 PM
Strykr619

I do enjoy the fact that JBJ is taking on the heel roll now, Chael must have preached to him the need to be a heel to up his dollar output.

JBJ needs to up his asshole charisma thou for it to work.
9/20/13 10:31 PM
ABE FROMAN
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jones, Rashad, Rampage, Anderson, Overeem, Guillard, anybody on Blackzilians....all too arrogant to be liked according to the UG.

9/20/13 10:35 PM
mdrndaysamurai
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here goes Abe, making something about race AGAIN lol Phone Post
9/20/13 10:36 PM
DoomFarmer

ABE FROMAN -

Jones, Rashad, Rampage, Anderson, Overeem, Guillard, anybody on Blackzilians....all too arrogant to be liked according to the UG.

I like Rashad, Overeem and Guillard occasionally depending on who he fights.

I wanted to see Anderson lose due to the Leites and Maia fights, not because he is black.

Never been a Rampage fan because of the Wand rivalry.

John Howard is one of my favorite fighters.

Hell, I rooted for Kimbo like no other when he fought MMA... Phone Post 3.0
9/20/13 10:38 PM
ABE FROMAN
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/20/13 10:49 PM
DoomFarmer - 
ABE FROMAN -

I like Rashad, Overeem and Guillard occasionally depending on who he fights.

I wanted to see Anderson lose due to the Leites and Maia fights, not because he is black.

Never been a Rampage fan because of the Wand rivalry.

John Howard is one of my favorite fighters.

Hell, I rooted for Kimbo like no other when he fought MMA... Phone Post 3.0

I'm not pointing my finger at you, it's just a trend on this board. I'm not even starting the inevitable conversation that comes out of this, I'm just pointing to something obvious that's been happening.

We can go back to threads on any of these fighters and they look remarkably similar to what's being said about Jones.

Kimbo gets lit up to this day and he doesn't even do MMA, and he kept his head down and mouth shut when he did. MMA fans hated him for a bunch of peripheral reasons. I have a thing against bullying and would defend any fighter I think is being bullied by the fans. That's actually my sudden interest in Jones, who I wanted to lose all the way up until 2 fights ago.

9/20/13 10:39 PM
UGCTT_ShanTheMan
448 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ABE FROMAN - 

I like Rashad except when he was fighting Hendo. Overeem is awesome to watch but lately he has been a letdown.

I gotta be honest here, I cant stand holier than thou assholes like Jones but I really don't care if he is black or not. i am not a huge Bisping fan because he is a pain in the ass, not because he is a brit. I know this seems like I am trying to counter your point, but i am not. I just used it as an opener to express my opinion.
9/20/13 10:41 PM
mdrndaysamurai
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Actually Abe, looking at that list I do think most all those guys are cocky lol. Rashad not so much though. Phone Post
9/20/13 10:47 PM
ABE FROMAN

mdrndaysamurai -  Actually Abe, looking at that list I do think most all those guys are cocky lol. Rashad not so much though. Phone Post

That's what I'm saying. It looks suspect from the outside. I could've named others that fit under that list according to the UG. Again, trying to avoid another goofy conversation, but we have to be real here. Are all these guys just cocky or are they being labled cocky while guys like Chael get to actually be cocky but excused for it because 'it's an act'?

Seems like they get to be held to a higher standard, imo.

9/20/13 10:49 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ABE FROMAN - 

You think people don't like Rampage because he's black? He had a HUGE amount of fans before Twitter became a thing.
9/20/13 10:50 PM
ABE FROMAN

RileyPust - 
ABE FROMAN - 

You think people don't like Rampage because he's black? He had a HUGE amount of fans before Twitter became a thing.

No, we're not having that conversation, I'm saying that what's being said about Jones has recently been said about Rampage. 

9/20/13 10:51 PM
sevr1

I'm from the Albuquerque area and know lots of people who have met/know Jones. I honestly haven't heard a bad thing about him from the people I know.

I've met him and also seen him at the Jackson's fight series stuff that helps build the local guys up. He's always there supporting them and interacting with fans.

He seems like a pretty likeable guy who has made some mistakes in life that we all know about. Imagine if everyone reported/knew about our failures?!

The same way I give others the benefit of the doubt, I will for him as well.
9/20/13 10:53 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey I'm not arguing either way. I'm just saying... maybe there's a lot of racists on Twitter.
9/20/13 10:56 PM
ABE FROMAN

Rambo John J - 

"If you do not like me, you are dumb."

?

But it's funny, no? 

9/20/13 11:01 PM
Tommy Gunnz
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Refuse to Lose - He should just stop doing interviews and let his fights continue to speak for themselves. He has one of the oddest personality's I've seen in sports. Phone Post
yep Phone Post 3.0
9/20/13 11:04 PM
RampageFitsLikeAGlove

RileyPust - 
ABE FROMAN - 

No, people started crying about Rampage when he spoke out about Dana and the UFC, and the UG crybabies felt the need to white night.  Rampage has always complained.  He used to always go off about how Pride jerked him around and the UFC fans then loved him and agreed with him.  But as soon as he said anything bad about St. Dana, all of a sudden he's annoying and whining.

9/20/13 11:14 PM
UGCTT_ShanTheMan

I have disliked Rampage for years. His "yo breff stank" routine made me think he was just a dumbass who knew how to fight well.
9/21/13 2:50 AM
TEN10TEN
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ABE FROMAN -
Rambo John J - 

"If you do not like me, you are dumb."

?

But it's funny, no? 

No, Chael is funny. That's why he gets a pass. It's so overt that obviously it's partly an act. Jon just seems bitter. Phone Post
9/21/13 3:00 AM
kingkoopa

Jones is a troll lol

He comes off like a douche or a hipster when he is asked about other fighters. He demeans their talent and acts dismissive of everyone and talks as though everyone is a chump.

A lot if ppl in the mma community come from martial arts backgrounds or have some sort of appreciation for the philosophy and culture of martial arts. Part of that is to be humble or to put it plainly a lot of it is basically "don't be a douche"

Jones comes off like a douche because of What he says. Plus when he actually says something good about another fighter it doesnt come if genuine due to his tone and body language. Thus ppl call him fake

Then you add in that he didn't take a short notice fight while he is the champ. Yeah it was the smartest thing to do but it also came off cowardly since his skills are so great. He acts like he has great skills (which he does) but then was to fearful of a short notice fight. in the martial arts community cowardice is looked down upon. And again there is a large martial arts community in mma Phone Post
9/21/13 6:18 AM
Jone2tone
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kingkoopa - Jones is a troll lol

He comes off like a douche or a hipster when he is asked about other fighters. He demeans their talent and acts dismissive of everyone and talks as though everyone is a chump.

A lot if ppl in the mma community come from martial arts backgrounds or have some sort of appreciation for the philosophy and culture of martial arts. Part of that is to be humble or to put it plainly a lot of it is basically "don't be a douche"

Jones comes off like a douche because of What he says. Plus when he actually says something good about another fighter it doesnt come if genuine due to his tone and body language. Thus ppl call him fake

Then you add in that he didn't take a short notice fight while he is the champ. Yeah it was the smartest thing to do but it also came off cowardly since his skills are so great. He acts like he has great skills (which he does) but then was to fearful of a short notice fight. in the martial arts community cowardice is looked down upon. And again there is a large martial arts community in mma Phone Post
Very well said! VU Phone Post 3.0
9/21/13 6:43 AM
Vitor29

Claiming that there's no reason for anyone not to like you is a reason for people not to like you. Phone Post
9/21/13 7:37 AM
thetruetitan

Jones is right. Here is why his haters arguments are idiotic:
1.Jones is a cheater he kicks people in their knees. Oblique kicks are commonly used by several mma fighters and is technique that can be countered by not being so static.

2. Jones is too big for lhw. He does not struggle to make weight and cuts the average amount most ufc fighters cut.

3.His reach is an unfair physical advantage. Every fighter has physical advantages and will succeed if they train to properly use them.

3.Jones is cocky. I don't even know where this comes from. There are times when he acts weird but overall dude seems to care about the sport and fans. People act like he is Mayweather or Connor McGregor with his cockiness.

4.He had a DUI so therefore he is the worst human being. sigh

9/21/13 8:22 AM
Lazer MMA

Jone2tone - 
kingkoopa - Jones is a troll lol

Very well said! VU Phone Post 3.0

This plus it's clear as fuck the guy is just not genuine. Religious people don't do lots of stuff this guy has.

I don't think there is any reason to hate any fighter (although I did not like Brock) but it does not mean we need to be fans either. Right now there is a thread "poor Jones LOL", check it. No one gives a F. This is exactly what he earned.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.