UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Family kicked out of Applebees makes national news

9/20/13 6:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
flowwiththego
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/applebee-s-calls-police-on-family-with-noisy-kids-195330410.html

Im so glad Asshole parents such as these were put on " Blast".  You have to be pretty bad to be booted from such a classy place. 

If I had a $1 for everytime I wanted to step in and tell "parents" to do their job. I guess one of my biggest annoyances out in public is kids running free in stores and restaurants. 

9/20/13 6:54 PM
jettdogg
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

9/20/13 6:57 PM
GS27
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Al sharpton is greasing up his hair as we speak Phone Post 3.0
9/20/13 7:03 PM
UGCTT_Fillthy
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't get kids to hold still for a picture the day after.

Sorry if I don't sympathize with the parents or buy their version of events.

9/20/13 7:05 PM
ProteusSFM
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The local news story was very lopsided. Phone Post
9/20/13 7:06 PM
Meohfumado
332 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WTF kids that young doing out at 10pm?

No wonder they were acting up, little ones were tired.
9/20/13 7:09 PM
Jack Carter
863 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I feel disrespected," Lillian Maliti, mother of 3-year-old Ryan and 1-year-old Ethan, told KHOU News in Houston on Wednesday. "This has never happened in my life."

;

So whta you dumb bitch!

You being offended and this never happening to you before is really beside the point

9/20/13 7:12 PM
Jack Carter
863 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/applebee-s-calls-police-on-family-with-noisy-kids-195330410.html

Applebee's Calls Police on Family With Noisy Kids

After a Texas Applebee’s asked a family to leave because of its allegedly rowdy children this week, the incident prompted a fast moving chain of events: calls to the police, outcry from the family, explanation from the eatery chain, and an online debate about what constitutes inappropriate restaurant behavior.

"I feel disrespected," Lillian Maliti, mother of 3-year-old Ryan and 1-year-old Ethan, told KHOU News in Houston on Wednesday. "This has never happened in my life."

Maliti’s husband Eli Gau told the news station that his young kids are “active,” and that they “act like children." He added, “I feel heartbroken. I feel very sad.”

According to a spokesperson for the Harris County Sheriff, the station first received a call at 10 p.m. from an Applebee’s employee who reported “arguing” among the family in question. Six minutes later, Gau called the police to report that he and his family had been kicked out of the restaurant and that they felt “threatened.” An officer met the family out in the parking lot, but did not file any charges, citations, or warnings.

Applebee’s issued a statement about the situation in Katy, Texas, to Yahoo Shine. "Our franchise owner-operator has apologized to the guest and invited the party back into their restaurant to demonstrate the standard of service each of our guests deserve to receive during every visit,” it read.

But it went on: “As a brand, our focus is and must always be providing the best possible experience for all of our guests at all times. When a disruption in our restaurants affects any of our guests, it is the manager's responsibility to step in to resolve the situation. It is exceedingly rare that a situation requires the assistance of law enforcement, and our franchisee is using this instance as a teaching moment to better manage future disruptions in their restaurants.”

Local Applebee’s patrons, at least one of whom claimed to have been present that night, defended the restaurant through comments posted to KHOU’s online story.

“This child was not wandering around.... he was running around the restaurant screaming at guests as they tried to enjoy their meals. The whole time they were in the building,” wrote Randal Smith. “Then the parents raised hell in front of the whole restaurant. This is funny to me since I witnessed the whole thing. Haha crazy people will do anything for attention/money.”

Another local resident, Shahira Mandy, wrote, “I go to this establishment all the time and for these people to say they're racist is far from the truth. Their children were out of hand, the mom was probably embarrassed, and why do you have your kids out that late at night? I have only seen Applebee's call the police [in] extreme situations. I believe management did the right thing [in] asking that woman and her ill-mannered children to leave. Race has nothing to do with bad parenting.” 

9/20/13 7:13 PM
PanRoastedJinx
405 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

9/20/13 7:15 PM
checkuroil
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

De neva gonna half ta werk nother dey in de life wif all da moniez de fitting to getz Phone Post 3.0
9/20/13 7:16 PM
VTFU
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To be fair, the kid running around and screaming was actually looking for his Obama phone.

9/20/13 7:17 PM
Jack Carter

I bet those kids grow up to be outstanding citizens.

One will be a neurologist and the other a fire chief

9/20/13 7:18 PM
Mit
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When you dont get the result you want....play the race card!
-al sharpton Phone Post
9/20/13 7:18 PM
Jack Carter

If they're so tired, why are they running up and down the restaurant screaming?

9/20/13 7:30 PM
von krap
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

frat.

the wifing unit and i were in a chain restaurant in Burbank a few months back...it was like 1130...hence the chain restaraunt

there was a latino couple with 2 of the beast children...one was in on of them carrying car seat dealies...an infant...the other was about 5...the infant didnt stop crying from the minte we walked in...the 5 year old was jumping up and down in the booth making as much noise as possible...

the parents just sat there...with their "block out our shitty kids because theyre ours" powers...like nothing was going on...no rocking of the car seat dealy thing to ease the screaming infant...no "hey shitmouth stop jumping up and down and screaming you lil fuck"...just pretended they were on an island...which in retrospect is kinda cool...for them...not for anyone else...

so the whole staff is having a "secret meeting" in plain sight with the managers like what do we do with this shitty ass family type thing...while they are doing that some policemen (oblivious to the shithead children)that were eating in the other side of the restaurant were about to walk out there door to leave...(i can see the front door and the shitty family from my seat)they hear the commotion and come to check it out...without speaking to a single member of the staff they walk up to the shitty parents with the shitty kids and tell them to manage the situation as they are causing a disturbance...

shitty parents get all "you cant tell us what to do" one cop peels off while the other cop deals with the shitty family and goes to the secret meeting...the meeting about 15 feet away from us...cop 2 says whatever they ordered make it to go...well handle this...cop 2 goes back to cop 1 tells him the plan...they ask the family to get upand remove themselves...their food is now to go.

whole restaurant erupts in applause...

shitty parents start bitching about racism (cop 1 and 2 are both white) and cop 1 just flat out says "racism has nothing to do with lousy parenting maam"

people start cheering.

the foods brought to the front door where the family is...shitty dads says "fuck you i aint paying for the food" the waiter who brought it said "dont worry...the staff bought it for you".

shitty family wasnt so shitty after that.

i dont have kids yet...but when i do...if they act like that in a restaurant...ima take them home...and feed them brussel sprouts.
9/20/13 7:54 PM
flowwiththego
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

von krap - frat.

the wifing unit and i were in a chain restaurant in Burbank a few months back...it was like 1130...hence the chain restaraunt

there was a latino couple with 2 of the beast children...one was in on of them carrying car seat dealies...an infant...the other was about 5...the infant didnt stop crying from the minte we walked in...the 5 year old was jumping up and down in the booth making as much noise as possible...

the parents just sat there...with their "block out our shitty kids because theyre ours" powers...like nothing was going on...no rocking of the car seat dealy thing to ease the screaming infant...no "hey shitmouth stop jumping up and down and screaming you lil fuck"...just pretended they were on an island...which in retrospect is kinda cool...for them...not for anyone else...

so the whole staff is having a "secret meeting" in plain sight with the managers like what do we do with this shitty ass family type thing...while they are doing that some policemen (oblivious to the shithead children)that were eating in the other side of the restaurant were about to walk out there door to leave...(i can see the front door and the shitty family from my seat)they hear the commotion and come to check it out...without speaking to a single member of the staff they walk up to the shitty parents with the shitty kids and tell them to manage the situation as they are causing a disturbance...

shitty parents get all "you cant tell us what to do" one cop peels off while the other cop deals with the shitty family and goes to the secret meeting...the meeting about 15 feet away from us...cop 2 says whatever they ordered make it to go...well handle this...cop 2 goes back to cop 1 tells him the plan...they ask the family to get upand remove themselves...their food is now to go.

shitty parents start bitching about racism (cop 1 and 2 are both white) and cop 1 just flat out says "racism has nothing to do with lousy parenting maam"

people start cheering.

the foods brought to the front door where the family is...shitty dads says "fuck you i aint paying for the food" the waiter who brought it said "dont worry...the staff bought it for you".

i dont have kids yet...but when i do...if they act like that in a restaurant...ima take them home...and feed them brussel sprouts.
I went to my community laundry room
recently. There was a mom with 3 kids in there playing while she attempted to do laundry. That's a whole different story.This place is tiny. Each time they walked by me or I walked by them I said "EXCUSE ME" each time louder. Two of the three kids couldn't of been any louder. Banging on the machines, playing hide and seek, one was literally trying to get in the trash. The mom ended up smarting off to me and sent her kids outside. I too got a small applause of sorts from the other 3 people in there. Some people are so fucking intrusive and could careless. I had seen this lady before with similar behavior. You had kids bitch, not me. Phone Post 3.0
9/20/13 7:57 PM
FirstScratch
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was at a restaurant with my kids one time and my 8 yr. old son was throwing a shit fit and running his mouth because the waitress gave him a children's cup instead of a regular glass. After 10 minutes of restraint I finally lost it and told him "boy, you better shut the fuck up about that cup or I'm gonna drag you outside and beat your ass all over the parking lot." Apparently I wasn't as quiet in delivering my threat as I had intended. I look back up and half the restaurant is nodding their heads with approval, the other half had their chins on the floor with shock and horror. The way I saw it, I tried calm mediation for 10 minutes and then gave him a stern warning after that failed. My old man would have just dropped me on the spot without hesitation at the first sign of potential disobedience. Still not sure if I was right or wrong, although I probably could have toned down the language considering he was 8 and we were in public. Phone Post
9/20/13 8:04 PM
shen
1071 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can understand the dad feeling "threatened" by
Applebee's employees... Those m-f'er have ice-water in their veins and do NOT f@ck around.

--Applebee's ain't no joke!
9/20/13 8:05 PM
von krap
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

flowwiththego - 
von krap - frat.

people start cheering.

I went to my community laundry room
recently. There was a mom with 3 kids in there playing while she attempted to do laundry. That's a whole different story.This place is tiny. Each time they walked by me or I walked by them I said "EXCUSE ME" each time louder. Two of the three kids couldn't of been any louder. Banging on the machines, playing hide and seek, one was literally trying to get in the trash. The mom ended up smarting off to me and sent her kids outside. I too got a small applause of sorts from the other 3 people in there. Some people are so fucking intrusive and could careless. I had seen this lady before with similar behavior. You had kids bitch, not me. Phone Post 3.0

im with you...

that shit isnt my problem...so please dont make it my problem...
9/20/13 8:07 PM
The Brool Story Company

lol@them being black.

9/20/13 8:08 PM
JoeMimic
728 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jettdogg -
Lmfao wow. That's exactly what I thought of when I saw this thread title. Phone Post
9/20/13 8:09 PM
RGJuJitsu
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FirstScratch - I was at a restaurant with my kids one time and my 8 yr. old son was throwing a shit fit and running his mouth because the waitress gave him a children's cup instead of a regular glass. After 10 minutes of restraint I finally lost it and told him "boy, you better shut the fuck up about that cup or I'm gonna drag you outside and beat your ass all over the parking lot." Apparently I wasn't as quiet in delivering my threat as I had intended. I look back up and half the restaurant is nodding their heads with approval, the other half had their chins on the floor with shock and horror. The way I saw it, I tried calm mediation for 10 minutes and then gave him a stern warning after that failed. My old man would have just dropped me on the spot without hesitation at the first sign of potential disobedience. Still not sure if I was right or wrong, although I probably could have toned down the language considering he was 8 and we were in public. Phone Post
If I knew how to vote someone up I would you for this sir. I would have done the same as would my dad. I also would have felt guilty about swearing while my dad would have given zero fucks. It always shocks me when people tell me how awesome my kids are behaved. Phone Post
9/20/13 8:17 PM
flowwiththego

@rjjiujitsu , click his name and then it will give you the option Phone Post 3.0
9/20/13 8:17 PM
jasonhightower
364 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jack Carter -

If they're so tired, why are they running up and down the restaurant screaming?

It is a weird phenomenon but a lot of kids do act that way even when tired. Eventually they crash and crash hard. Phone Post 3.0
9/20/13 8:20 PM
Authority Figure

the funny thing is that i was expecting it to be a white family. black people complain a lot about white people letting their children run wild in public places.

in fact, i ate out yesterday and two couples let their collective six-strong posse of kids sit at the far end of the table by themselves, next to two tables with adults. they were too young to eat their meals alone and made a mess, got to crying, etc. but that wasn't surprising at all.

interesting turn of events i guess.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.