UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> cris cyborg calls out ronda to fight at 140lb

9/21/13 11:50 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Sean Thompson
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh not this shit again, Honda has nothing to gain and everything to lose in this fight.

You know I would have loved to see Cyborg and Debi Purcell that would have been an awesome matchup if Debi was still fighting
9/21/13 11:56 AM
BRZ
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sean Thompson - Oh not this shit again, Honda has nothing to gain and everything to lose in this fight.

You know I would have loved to see Cyborg and Debi Purcell that would have been an awesome matchup if Debi was still fighting
You want Debi to die? Phone Post 3.0
9/21/13 11:59 AM
Sean Thompson
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I miss Debi anyone know what shes been up to?
9/21/13 12:04 PM
jmont

Koga - Ronda is the undefeated champion at 135, the only weight division the UFC has for women. Is she supposed to quit the UFC just to make $8,000 to armlock cyborg in r1 in invitcia?

Cyborg quit the UFC and can't make 135 because she is huge from years of steroids. I love Tito as a fighter but can't believe Cyborg is serious about trying to get a fight with special conditions in the UFC by hiring Tito to negotiate it with DFW. Phone Post
Rondas only had like 3 fights at 135, right after she earned a title shot at 145 she moved down and fought miesha for the bantamweight title, why do ppl forget this? Phone Post
9/21/13 12:07 PM
Steve4192
199 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"and the fact she couldnt make 138 in highschool for lords sake"

Actually, 138 is where she spent most of her time in competitive judo. She only moved up to 70 kg for the last couple years of her career, and she was clearly carrying a lot of extra fat in order to make that weight.
9/21/13 12:11 PM
Steve4192
199 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jmont - 
Koga - Ronda is the undefeated champion at 135, the only weight division the UFC has for women. Is she supposed to quit the UFC just to make $8,000 to armlock cyborg in r1 in invitcia?

Cyborg quit the UFC and can't make 135 because she is huge from years of steroids. I love Tito as a fighter but can't believe Cyborg is serious about trying to get a fight with special conditions in the UFC by hiring Tito to negotiate it with DFW. Phone Post
Rondas only had like 3 fights at 135, right after she earned a title shot at 145 she moved down and fought miesha for the bantamweight title, why do ppl forget this? Phone Post

Dominick Cruz spent most of his career at 145 before moving down to bantamweight and winning the title. Mighty Mouse Johnson spent most of his career at 135 before moving down to 125 and winning the title. Randy Couture spent most of his career at HW before moving down to 205 and winning the title.

People change weight classes over the course of their careers. There is nothing unusual about that. Ronda was clearly carrying a bunch of extra fat when she was competing at 70 kg in judo and 145 in MMA. She is clearly at her best fighting at a lean, trim 135.
9/21/13 12:16 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
225 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol @ Cyborg/Ronda threads. Next best thing to race threads on the UG.

9/21/13 12:16 PM
r_o_y

Daverr - 
why do you think theres no 145 in ufc?

um.. protect ronda.. cause cyborg n her would scrap if they were both in ufc

cyborg destroyed the 45 division by failing a test while being champ.

now the 35 division is here and there is no reason to move up and fight cyborg if she can make 35.

i am sick to death of hearing about this fight. cyborg is having trouble making 45. she needs to stop fucking around before she damages herself.

you all are such tough ass people you would move up and fight cyborg right? right?

ya'll are fucking crazy.

9/21/13 12:27 PM
Shoulda done a background check on Chael

The one thing that prevents me from commmitting to my fanboy of Ronda, is the hypocrasy of her Bushido.

Girl fights with tons of heart/Bushido, natural fighter you can't teach her attitude.

However, when not fighting, Ronda acts like a diva.  It totally is NOT bad ass to have the attitude...

"I'd beat Cyborg up"......if ronda was bigger

"I'd beat Cyborg up", if she didn't fight at five pounds higher than me

Come on Ronda. FIGHT. She's a girl, you're a girl.

Also, Ronda has had just as many if not MORE fights at 145 than she has at 135.  But Ronda won't fight Cyborg at 145 where she's fought multiple times and been successful before.

9/21/13 12:33 PM
Nuevo Haole

averr - 
why do you think theres no 145 in ufc?

because there are about 3 UFC level women in the world that fight at 145lbs

9/21/13 12:44 PM
CindyO

Rox19 - I think Cyborg should stop calling out Ronda.

Ronda has no reason to go up to fight Cyborg. The are in different weight classes. It's like me calling out Megumi Fujii (I'm at 135 or 125, and she's 115). It makes no sense.

...granted that Megumi can heel hook me whenever she wants in training. lol

I bet if she thought she could whip Cyborgs ass she'd be chirping:) She can't; not at 135, 140, 145, 150, etc.

Cindy

9/21/13 1:14 PM
Daverr

lol that there are no 45 ers

Ronda, cyborg and connen are all normal 45ers
9/21/13 1:14 PM
jmont

Steve4192 -
jmont - 

Dominick Cruz spent most of his career at 145 before moving down to bantamweight and winning the title. Mighty Mouse Johnson spent most of his career at 135 before moving down to 125 and winning the title. Randy Couture spent most of his career at HW before moving down to 205 and winning the title.

People change weight classes over the course of their careers. There is nothing unusual about that. Ronda was clearly carrying a bunch of extra fat when she was competing at 70 kg in judo and 145 in MMA. She is clearly at her best fighting at a lean, trim 135.
the difference is ronda is refusing to take this fight, never heard of cruz or dj dodging fights, not that any woman should be ashamed of dodging cyborg Phone Post
9/21/13 1:15 PM
Daverr

oh, so is gina
9/21/13 1:19 PM
BRZ

CindyO -

Ronda has no reason to go up to fight Cyborg. The are in different weight classes. It's like me calling out Megumi Fujii (I'm at 135 or 125, and she's 115). It makes no sense.

I bet if she thought she could whip Cyborgs ass she'd be chirping:) She can't; not at 135, 140, 145, 150, etc.

Cindy

Surprised to see Cindy against the UFC poster girl? Phone Post 3.0
9/21/13 1:20 PM
BRZ

Shoulda done a background check on Chael -

The one thing that prevents me from commmitting to my fanboy of Ronda, is the hypocrasy of her Bushido.

Girl fights with tons of heart/Bushido, natural fighter you can't teach her attitude.

However, when not fighting, Ronda acts like a diva.  It totally is NOT bad ass to have the attitude...

"I'd beat Cyborg up"......if ronda was bigger

"I'd beat Cyborg up", if she didn't fight at five pounds higher than me

Come on Ronda. FIGHT. She's a girl, you're a girl.

Also, Ronda has had just as many if not MORE fights at 145 than she has at 135.  But Ronda won't fight Cyborg at 145 where she's fought multiple times and been successful before.

Why would a champ have move up in weight for someone who not even in the UFC? Phone Post 3.0
9/21/13 1:34 PM
ProteinOverdrive

I agree with everything you say Rox, cause you are a fucking samurai!
9/21/13 1:35 PM
Winston Wolf

Rhonda should agree after she sees Cyborg do a mock weight cut and weigh in at 140 because come weigh in she will not make 140
9/21/13 2:24 PM
Daht
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The GSP vs Anderson example doesn't hold water.

We need to compare how GSP is avoiding Shlemenko, that is more parallel to Ronda/Cyborg

Cyborg needs to drop to 135 or hope UFC makes a 145 division or just drop it.
9/21/13 2:31 PM
georgejonesjr
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

soremano - 

"I'm very heavy and my bones are heavy it's very difficult for me," Cyborg said. "I think 145 is very hard. Always when I make 145 I say, 'Why?' It's very difficult for me to make 145 and I say, 'If Ronda wants to fight me she can make 140 and go up and I'll go down five pounds."

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/09/cyborg-wants-rousey-fight

Calling out a lighter fighter to go up in weight to fight you is pretty cheap.

Seriously, imagine if Aldo was calling out the 135 champion the UFC to a catch weight fight.

Cyborg just wants to piggy back on Rousey's fame, instead of doing the hard work and building up her own hype. There's no reason Cyborg can't make the same kind of press that Rousey gets, and have the UFC create a division for her - but she's focussed on getting Rousey to go up in weight instead of doing all the marketing that Rousey did.

Sometimes there's no shortcuts and you have to do the work for yourself. This is a case where that's true for Cyborg - she's going to have to sell her soul to the media like Rousey did.
9/21/13 2:33 PM
shatefak

This fight wont happen because ronda knows she would get smashed Phone Post
9/21/13 2:40 PM
bruised
203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You know what? Cyborg is more muscular than most any other active professional female fighter, even off the juice. Guess what? She didn't achieve that physique through just hard work and a clean diet. She achieved it through the use of PEDs.

Now she can't make weight in the ONE division the UFC had for women. That's on her, not Rhonda. Rhonda is the champion at 135 and has everything going for her. Why even bother with a known cheater?

Cyborg needs to take responsibility for the decisions she made. She has an overly developed, muscular physique due to use of PEDs. Don't blame other people because of what you've done to your body.

Same thing with guys who used PEDs and now need TRT to get there testosterone levels normal. No, low t-levels are normal for users of steroids, deal with it. Phone Post
9/21/13 2:48 PM
ufc98newb
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bruised -  You know what? Cyborg is more muscular than most any other active professional female fighter, even off the juice. Guess what? She didn't achieve that physique through just hard work and a clean diet. She achieved it through the use of PEDs.

Now she can't make weight in the ONE division the UFC had for women. That's on her, not Rhonda. Rhonda is the champion at 135 and has everything going for her. Why even bother with a known cheater?

Cyborg needs to take responsibility for the decisions she made. She has an overly developed, muscular physique due to use of PEDs. Don't blame other people because of what you've done to your body.

Same thing with guys who used PEDs and now need TRT to get there testosterone levels normal. No, low t-levels are normal for users of steroids, deal with it. Phone Post

+1

9/21/13 2:54 PM
donniejessup
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Daverr - 
and there are vids from a long ass time ago that have been posted where she completlty calls her out too,

the whole weight is a non issue and we all know it

gsp and anderson are 30 lbs naturally different

these girls are both huuge

easy to see ronda is hiding behind that belt.

and again, if she has to change her diet to 1 meal a day, she aint no natural 135er

and the fact she couldnt make 138 in highschool for lords sake

You can't be this stupid.
9/21/13 3:01 PM
Daverr

the difference is its 5-10 lbs and ronda called her out way back when

b4 she was in the ufc

believe it

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.