UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> cris cyborg calls out ronda to fight at 140lb

9/21/13 3:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bananatoles
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rox19 - I think Cyborg should stop calling out Ronda.

Ronda has no reason to go up to fight Cyborg. The are in different weight classes. It's like me calling out Megumi Fujii (I'm at 135 or 125, and she's 115). It makes no sense.

...granted that Megumi can heel hook me whenever she wants in training. lol
Ufc better sign you if you win tuf or not I wanna see more. Phone Post 3.0
9/21/13 3:15 PM
catbath
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_EnderTL -

lol @ Cyborg/Ronda threads. Next best thing to race threads on the UG.

So true Phone Post 3.0
9/21/13 3:23 PM
Williambonney
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would be awesome BUT it will never happen Cyborg destroys ronda 100 out of 100 times everyone INCLUDING rousey knows this it's why she ran from her natural weight class of 145 to begin with. ronday wants NOTHING to do with Cyborg sure she'll run her mouth in interviews but she's terrified to actually have to fight her.
9/21/13 3:24 PM
Daverr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4Pp4mdnm1w

oh heres another

she says she will make cyborg pay and get what se desevres after suspension

lol

proof is all there
9/21/13 3:25 PM
Daverr

interviewer also asks when she looks slimmer..

and she explains how shes cutting to get to 135..

lol
9/21/13 3:31 PM
BRZ

I delivered U - So after all the shit talk Rhonda dished out to Cyborg, Cyborg has no right to call out Rhonda? Cyborg is calling for a 140lb match- a 5lb split. Not a big whoop, imo.
Shouldn't Ronda clean out the 135 first? First Tate then Cat and possible McMann? It's not even a given that Ronda won't lose to one of those women. Cyborg I agree cleaned out her division which isn't Ronda's fault. If Cyborg was in the UFC at 135 I'd say she should get the first title shot but she isn't. Phone Post 3.0
9/21/13 3:33 PM
Jason
295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Site Admin
I delivered U - So after all the shit talk Rhonda dished out to Cyborg, Cyborg has no right to call out Rhonda? Cyborg is calling for a 140lb match- a 5lb split. Not a big whoop, imo.
A non UFC fighter calling out a UFC champ In a division that doesn't exist? Yep, that's makes perfect sense Phone Post 3.0
9/21/13 3:52 PM
Dreville79
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's the equivalent of GSP calling out Jose Aldo! If he did that people would laugh at his cowardice. Instead, we can laugh at this drug cheating coward. She's as irrelevant to women's MMA as Fallon Fox, actually, make that fight, seems about fair! Phone Post 3.0
9/21/13 4:10 PM
Powerful DJH
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rox19 - I think Cyborg should stop calling out Ronda.

Ronda has no reason to go up to fight Cyborg. The are in different weight classes. It's like me calling out Megumi Fujii (I'm at 135 or 125, and she's 115). It makes no sense.

...granted that Megumi can heel hook me whenever she wants in training. lol
I completely and respectfully disagree. Most die hard fans still will pick this as the wmma fight they would like to see most. Ronda started at 145 and had earned a title shot...when she found out fighting cyborg was in the near future she went to 135 and fought for that title. IIRC she even said she wasn't ready for cyborg when she was making the move to 35. I think Ronda knows what would happen and is gonna stay at 35 and away from cyborg. If she thought she could beat cyborg they would have fought twice by now. I like Ronda as a fighter and support her in most areas but when it comes to cyborg I gotta keep it 100. She would get washed. Phone Post
9/21/13 4:10 PM
JoeHurley
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My boner is heavy.

Cyborg continually calling out Rhonda shows who has leverage and stroke. Rhonda won't take the fight because she doesn't need to and there is no real upside to make it worth it.

Cyborg is putting the pussy on a pedestal. Phone Post
9/21/13 4:15 PM
Powerful DJH
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JoeHurley - My boner is heavy.

Cyborg continually calling out Rhonda shows who has leverage and stroke. Rhonda won't take the fight because she doesn't need to and there is no real upside to make it worth it.

Cyborg is putting the pussy on a pedestal. Phone Post
VU for articulating my feelings perfectly. Phone Post
9/21/13 4:19 PM
HexRei

T Bag - Her bones are too heavy to make 135??? LOL Phone Post 3.0

bone density is actually a real thing. it varies from person to person and varies even within a single person depending on their age, health, and activities.
9/21/13 4:25 PM
Brandonbrazell

I like Ronda but she is pulling the biggest bitch move you can do in the sport, don't talk shit and gas up a fight then when shit start getting real try playing the I'm a bigtime ufc fighter card. nobody would care about this fight if Ronda didn't constantly open her mouth talking shit and name calling, why talk shit about a fighter you have no intentions to fight. BITCH MOVE!
9/21/13 4:27 PM
georgejonesjr
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Williambonney - Would be awesome BUT it will never happen Cyborg destroys ronda 100 out of 100 times everyone INCLUDING rousey knows this it's why she ran from her natural weight class of 145 to begin with. ronday wants NOTHING to do with Cyborg sure she'll run her mouth in interviews but she's terrified to actually have to fight her.

You sure you want to argue that 145 is Rousey's natural weight class? Because if it is, and its also Cyborg's natural weight class (since that's where Cyborg fights), then Cyborg can cut to 135 as easily as Rousey (ie they are both natural 145'ers). Which means Cyborg is running from Rousey by not going to 135 and fighting for the UFC title.

My theory works better. Cyborg is in fact bigger than Rousey, and can't make 135. Which means that just as 145 is Cyborg's natural weight class, 135 is Rousey's natural weight class.

Your natural weight class is the weight you fight best at, not your walk around weight.
9/21/13 4:53 PM
Captain Kook
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think everyone is correct on this one.

Rousey has no real reason to accept this fight now. She is the 135 champ and has little to gain in making this fight. The UFC realizes that there is little competition for females above 135, so this fight is kinda useless from their perspective.

On the other hand, Rousey called out Cyborg long time ago, talked shit about her, and is now avoiding the fight. Her shit talking interested fans in this mega matchup and we all would love to see it.

Rousey needs to lose, then this fight makes a little more sense. But I don't see this fight happening regardless. Fans lose this one.

9/21/13 6:02 PM
JudoknowNothing

Peggy Morgan and Jessamyn Duke are both 6 feet tall and make 135lbs.

Peggy Morgan describes on her TUF blog how she does it.

Btw- I commend both of those fighters for keeping that weight while in the house for such a long time, not knowing when they were going to fight was excruciating I imagine.

Jessamyn Duke made a comment on her TUF blog that she was walking around like 'skeletor' almost the entire time.

9/21/13 6:17 PM
Hunter V
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good lord Cyborg STFU. You left the damn org where a fight COULD have taken place at. Just enjoy fighting elsewhere and quit talking, if you want Ronda you go to the UFC and make 135 or that is it. You have zero negotiating power.
9/21/13 8:19 PM
brahmabull81
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

36 VS 14 - Ronda should take the fight... it's not like Cyborg would KTFO Ronda,right?

She wouldnt.

Contrary to what most of you seem to believe Cyborg isnt KOing shit.

She has never KOd a single girl she's faced. She might be freak strong and such, but she doesnt contain very much one punch KO power.

Shit, that Veronica Roethlenhausler has actual KO power. She literally KOs every girl she fights with right hands.

Ronda could weather the storm and Cyborg cant ever resist working from the guard so I dont know why you guys think shed win the fight very easily. Everything she does, Ronda is tailor made to beat.

If she had true one punch KO power, she would for sure beat Ronda at this point though.
9/21/13 8:45 PM
KingOfFighters

crowbar -

Quote on:

"If she wants to fight me than she is going to have to find a way to come down to 135," she said. "We'll see how she does in a fair fight for once in her life. She has a history of coming in overweight to fights and I wouldn't doubt that if we agreed to some sort of catchweight at 140, she'd show up at 145 anyway and be like 'ah whatever, fight or not.' She's done this many times before. I don't owe her anything. She's completely defamed, and anything she's ever done is nothing because she is a big old cheater and she's been doping her whole life. And I think part of the reason why people like Dana [White] think there is a lack of depth in all these divisions is because this girl is doping and making everybody look like they aren't in her league. And I think the reason why people look at women's MMA like that was because of her. She is nothing but a detriment to the sport and the only positive she could play is an Ivan Drago bad guy that gets beat to hell by a Rocky. So no, she can come down and fight me at 135 because I have a whole line of other people that want to fight me already and I don't owe her anything.

"I don't need to come up and it's just like, why would I even want to come up to her weight?" she continued. "Stop doping, lose the weight. She can either do the drugs and fight me at 135 and have the drugs be just as much a detriment as a help to her during the weight cut, or she can cut out all the doping and make the weight easily. It's just whatever. As long as she makes 135, I don't care if she's injecting horse semen into her eyeballs but that's the only way I feel it would be a fair fight. She's never had a fair fight in her life and I see how the prospect of that would scare the hell out of her and why she would insist at fighting heavier."

didnt that mole face claim she could heat the 135 male champ? yet ducks cyborg? shes a clown with mental issues. cyborg would.rape her Phone Post
9/21/13 9:10 PM
Jack Skellington
820 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This isn't funny anymore. Either make the weight or Fuck off!
9/21/13 9:35 PM
Fox censored my Chael screen name
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BRZ - 
Shoulda done a background check on Chael -

The one thing that prevents me from commmitting to my fanboy of Ronda, is the hypocrasy of her Bushido.

Girl fights with tons of heart/Bushido, natural fighter you can't teach her attitude.

However, when not fighting, Ronda acts like a diva.  It totally is NOT bad ass to have the attitude...

"I'd beat Cyborg up"......if ronda was bigger

"I'd beat Cyborg up", if she didn't fight at five pounds higher than me

Come on Ronda. FIGHT. She's a girl, you're a girl.

Also, Ronda has had just as many if not MORE fights at 145 than she has at 135.  But Ronda won't fight Cyborg at 145 where she's fought multiple times and been successful before.

Why would a champ have move up in weight for someone who not even in the UFC? Phone Post 3.0

If Ronda isn't willing to take the fight, she needs to quit talking trash and acting like she's the tougher woman with the "catch" being at the stipulation of 135lbs only.

Ronda has talked a  ton of shit about Cyborg, but hides behind the weightclass as an excuse.

Let me ask you this. 

Could I have the same argument about Ronda IF Ronda Rousey said something along the lines of-

"Cyborg is a cheater, all her accomplishments don't mean anything, and if she wants to fight me, I would LOVE to fight that bitch and I don't care if it's at a catch weight of 145lbs. I'll beat her at 135, 140, 145, I'll beat her at 40 yrs old, 60 yrs old, I would've kicked her ass when I was 5. If she wants to fight me, I'll kick her ass and it's good riddance for her once and for all."

That, would make me a huge Ronda Rousey fan. But she wants to be a bad ass Diva at with the ceiling being no higher than 135 pounds. That's her cap. Ronda Rousey's greatness is capped off at 135lbs.

9/21/13 9:52 PM
thatcpjguy

TheRealGaff - Cyborg should just dehydrate then get blood took out her , shave her head , get Bone marrow took out , kidney took out . Then weigh in at 135 lbs rehydrate , organs back in and then destroy honda housey Phone Post 3.0
Legit! Vote up for the good laugh. Phone Post 3.0
9/21/13 9:58 PM
Strykr619

Fox censored my Chael screen name - 
BRZ - 
Shoulda done a background check on Chael -

The one thing that prevents me from commmitting to my fanboy of Ronda, is the hypocrasy of her Bushido.

Girl fights with tons of heart/Bushido, natural fighter you can't teach her attitude.

However, when not fighting, Ronda acts like a diva.  It totally is NOT bad ass to have the attitude...

"I'd beat Cyborg up"......if ronda was bigger

"I'd beat Cyborg up", if she didn't fight at five pounds higher than me

Come on Ronda. FIGHT. She's a girl, you're a girl.

Also, Ronda has had just as many if not MORE fights at 145 than she has at 135.  But Ronda won't fight Cyborg at 145 where she's fought multiple times and been successful before.

Why would a champ have move up in weight for someone who not even in the UFC? Phone Post 3.0

If Ronda isn't willing to take the fight, she needs to quit talking trash and acting like she's the tougher woman with the "catch" being at the stipulation of 135lbs only.

Ronda has talked a  ton of shit about Cyborg, but hides behind the weightclass as an excuse.

Let me ask you this. 

Could I have the same argument about Ronda IF Ronda Rousey said something along the lines of-

"Cyborg is a cheater, all her accomplishments don't mean anything, and if she wants to fight me, I would LOVE to fight that bitch and I don't care if it's at a catch weight of 145lbs. I'll beat her at 135, 140, 145, I'll beat her at 40 yrs old, 60 yrs old, I would've kicked her ass when I was 5. If she wants to fight me, I'll kick her ass and it's good riddance for her once and for all."

That, would make me a huge Ronda Rousey fan. But she wants to be a bad ass Diva at with the ceiling being no higher than 135 pounds. That's her cap. Ronda Rousey's greatness is capped off at 135lbs.

All of your points would be relevant except for one thing, Guyroid is a known cheater, she will ALWAYS maintain some of the gains she achieved thru putting steroids in her body, Who is she to make demands.

Ronda doesn't have to do shit. I for one can guarantee you that if this fight were to be made guyroids past will come out to the average fan and any win will be tainted.

Number one reason why I can never totally respect wins from guyroid, warmaster (even if he is one of my fave fighters) etc etc. They are known cheaters.
9/21/13 10:14 PM
Fox censored my Chael screen name
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fair enough, but Ronda should state the reason she doesn't want to fight her b/c of steroids and not mention the weight. As I said, Ronda has had just as much if not more fights at 145 than she has at 135. Ronda acts like it's such a huge deal to go up.

Which is it, too much weight, or steroids? I think it's neither. Ronda's proven she can win at 145 and WAS willing to fight there.

Ronda has also proven when she's in the cage she goes after it. The fact that she's looking for reasons not to fight than TO fight, especially against someone she doesn't like, that to me tells me that Ronda fears she would lose to Cyborg. Fear=not attractive in a fighter.

9/21/13 10:17 PM
Lurkdaddy316
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's hard for me to lose weight too. I am big boned as well. SMDH

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.