UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> cris cyborg calls out ronda to fight at 140lb

9/22/13 6:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bigdoug924
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheRealGaff - Cyborg should just dehydrate then get blood took out her , shave her head , get Bone marrow took out , kidney took out . Then weigh in at 135 lbs rehydrate , organs back in and then destroy honda housey Phone Post 3.0
Good valley boss , VU Phone Post 3.0
9/22/13 6:50 PM
I Wild Each It
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

georgejonesjr - 
soremano - 

"I'm very heavy and my bones are heavy it's very difficult for me," Cyborg said. "I think 145 is very hard. Always when I make 145 I say, 'Why?' It's very difficult for me to make 145 and I say, 'If Ronda wants to fight me she can make 140 and go up and I'll go down five pounds."

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/09/cyborg-wants-rousey-fight

Calling out a lighter fighter to go up in weight to fight you is pretty cheap.

Seriously, imagine if Aldo was calling out the 135 champion the UFC to a catch weight fight.

Cyborg just wants to piggy back on Rousey's fame, instead of doing the hard work and building up her own hype. There's no reason Cyborg can't make the same kind of press that Rousey gets, and have the UFC create a division for her - but she's focussed on getting Rousey to go up in weight instead of doing all the marketing that Rousey did.

Sometimes there's no shortcuts and you have to do the work for yourself. This is a case where that's true for Cyborg - she's going to have to sell her soul to the media like Rousey did.

Sort of like Anderson calling out GSP? Nobody here seemed to have a problem with that.
9/22/13 6:50 PM
Fox censored my Chael screen name

georgejonesjr-Thank you for that long post. That was very detailed and you explained your position very well.

I'm satisified with your justifications of your stance and your reasoning behind them.

I mean this as a compliment but I hope to disagree with you more often in the future. I feel it can only broaden my way of thinking of all aspects.

Also-lol @ "Judoknownothing", great screen name.

georgejonesjr-who do you have winning?

Ronda vs Cyborg @ 135, 140, and 145?

9/22/13 6:51 PM
KingOfFighters

Bucephalus - @Fox censored my Chael screen name - Rhonda is a belt-holder in a different division. Nothing is more important than defending a belt. It's the entire goal and purpose of this sport. Now go tell your doctor to lower your adderall dosage.
lol belta are for keeping your pants up, at the end of the day.its.about the money. Phone Post
9/22/13 7:54 PM
georgejonesjr
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FoxCensored:

Its been a good discussion, good points on all sides.

My predictions, Rousey vs Cyborg?

135: Rousey (Cyborg will be extremely drained).
140: Hard to predict because its hard to know how Cyborg will take the cut. She's had trouble making 145 in the past. If she can make the cut and re-hydrate I'd pick Cyborg. If not, she'll fade very quickly, and doesn't have one shot KO power, so Rousey will last through the first storm and then win.
145: Cyborg. Size matters in MMA.

The problem with 140 is the uncertainty doesn't even lead to a good fight. If Cyborg is drained it'll be boring, if not, she'll be too big for Rousey (ie she'll regain and be healthy).
9/22/13 8:03 PM
rockyk2campo

roxanne im hoping you kick some ass in your first tuf fight. Even though its already happened, good luck!
9/22/13 8:50 PM
JimmersonzGlove
477 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It would look like tank vs nelmark. Ronda doesnt want it. Phone Post
9/22/13 8:59 PM
time traveling 12er
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If she really can't make 135 then that means she's calling out a fighter at a lower weight class since Rhonda makes 135. Besides that I thought there was a quote floating around where she admitted that she could probably make 135 and the real issue was that the UFC was not treating her the way she thought she should be treated. I think she was expecting to be treated like the female Fedor.
9/22/13 9:42 PM
UncleGrappler
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bones are heavy? That's an intelligent statement. Couldn't be that roidmanmuscle that makes her heavy, huh?
9/22/13 9:49 PM
Shanle929

Don't you have to be in the UFC to call out a UFC champion..... She needs to stop. Plus Alexandra "Stitch" Albu will take the belt first. Phone Post 3.0
9/22/13 10:10 PM
Lex_o

What title is that for Phone Post 3.0
9/22/13 10:16 PM
attjack

I'm calling out Cain. He has to meet me at 155 and if doesn't that proves he's scared of me. Phone Post
9/22/13 10:18 PM
12SixElbow
614 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ronda is a GENIUS.

Fights at 145 7 fucking times,  drops 10lbs for 1 fight (Tate) and starts talking about how Cyborg doesn't want to fight her and she needs to come to 135 lol, EVERYONE goes along for the ride.

9/22/13 10:33 PM
whitejoe
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cyborg is full of shit. Stop powerlifting and cycling. Shit is retarded. Phone Post
9/22/13 10:38 PM
whitejoe
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12SixElbow -

Ronda is a GENIUS.

Fights at 145 7 fucking times,  drops 10lbs for 1 fight (Tate) and starts talking about how Cyborg doesn't want to fight her and she needs to come to 135 lol, EVERYONE goes along for the ride.

No. Just. No. Go sit down and think more before you type. Phone Post
9/22/13 10:43 PM
whitejoe

12SixElbow -

Ronda is a GENIUS.

Only reason cyborg won't make 135s is strength. She will be smaller, less explosive, and less able to powerbomb out of the inevitable armbar. Anyone buying her 'I can't' shit should sit down. She knows she can't win if she's not bigger and stronger-otherwise she would make the cut to re-establish her brand. Phone Post
9/22/13 10:43 PM
Beefy Wellington

Bones too heavy??? I thought her doc in Brazil told her she might lose her ability to have children :-/ Phone Post 3.0
9/22/13 10:46 PM
whitejoe

Beefy Wellington - Bones too heavy??? I thought her doc in Brazil told her she might lose her ability to have children :-/ Phone Post 3.0
HGH does make your bones denser. Phone Post
9/22/13 10:46 PM
12SixElbow
614 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

whitejoe - 
12SixElbow -

Ronda is a GENIUS.

So which part wasn't true?

Honda didn't fight her entire career until Tate at 145? Oh yea, she did

Honda didn't then call out Cyborg after leaving? Oh yeah, she did

(and/or after Cyborg's suspension)

9/22/13 10:48 PM
12SixElbow

whitejoe - 
12SixElbow -

Ronda is a GENIUS.

Only reason cyborg won't make 135s is strength. She will be smaller, less explosive, and less able to powerbomb out of the inevitable armbar. Anyone buying her 'I can't' shit should sit down. She knows she can't win if she's not bigger and stronger-otherwise she would make the cut to re-establish her brand. Phone Post

I don't know that, and you don't either.

I don't have a favorite between the two, I'm just stating facts. Honda has spent more time, and made her name at 145. She has 3 fights at 135 out of 10 fights in MMA.

I'm unsure what your experience is cutting weight, but everyone has a limit, each person can only get so small. So for you to say the ONLY reason Cyborg won't make 135 is strength, you're assuming a lot. You've got no clue where her bottom number is.

9/22/13 10:51 PM
JerodR
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stop trying to be a body builder and 135 is no problem. It is not about her bones, but her desire to pack on muscle like a man. If she is really so naturally large that it is impossible to make 135 then she shouldn't be trying to fight someone that is smaller than her since Ronda has no problems making the weight. Phone Post 3.0
9/22/13 10:55 PM
whitejoe

12SixElbow -
whitejoe - 
12SixElbow -

Ronda is a GENIUS.

So which part wasn't true?

Honda didn't fight her entire career until Tate at 145? Oh yea, she did

Honda didn't then call out Cyborg after leaving? Oh yeah, she did

(and/or after Cyborg's suspension)

Ill fix your post: Rhonda fought for the UFC title. Made weight for the sole female UFC division. Took out the non-steroid abusing #1 contender in the UFC, then told the #1 steroid using conteneder (not even in the UFC) to make weight, so they can fight in the UFC. Steroid user then gives multiple excuses as to why she can't make weight, none of them being true. Rhonda keeps subbing women in the UFC. Everyone (general public who dislike watching men beat women) goes along for the ride. Phone Post
9/22/13 11:03 PM
whitejoe

12SixElbow -
whitejoe - 
12SixElbow -

Ronda is a GENIUS.

I don't know that, and you don't either.

I don't have a favorite between the two, I'm just stating facts. Honda has spent more time, and made her name at 145. She has 3 fights at 135 out of 10 fights in MMA.

I'm unsure what your experience is cutting weight, but everyone has a limit, each person can only get so small. So for you to say the ONLY reason Cyborg won't make 135 is strength, you're assuming a lot. You've got no clue where her bottom number is.

I know she made 145 while on Winstrol and lifts hard to maintain her incredibly muscular physique. If she can make weight while on synthetic testosterone and power lifting, she can drop both and be fine. What won't be fine is the power shes accustomed to having. She will shrink, she will lose attributes, she won't be the same. Phone Post
9/22/13 11:12 PM
whitejoe

TOAO - rhonda ran from 145 to figh easier fights against smaller girls and not fight cyborg, fact.
The UFC created a 135lb division. You fucking moron lmao Phone Post
9/22/13 11:12 PM
deadlysyn

I've been around both in person, and Cyborg is full of shit that she couldn't make the weight. Ronda is a pretty big girl, and Cyborg is smaller then she looks on TV. I have male friends that fight at 135 that are bigger then her. And someone my frame could be a huge 155er but I could do it and I'm a monster compared to Cyborg. So fuck that nonesense that she can't make the weight. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.