UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> cris cyborg calls out ronda to fight at 140lb

9/22/13 11:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JerodR
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TOAO - rhonda ran from 145 to figh easier fights against smaller girls and not fight cyborg, fact.
Cyborg has fought plenty of smaller girls that went UP in weight because there was really nobody at 145. Fact.

Cyborg also gave an interview before Rousey ever fought for a title talking about how all the competition was at 135lbs so she was considering moving down. Phone Post 3.0
9/23/13 12:30 AM
Fox censored my Chael screen name
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's funny the ratio of how many people say how Cyborg would be zapped of all her energy if she cut down to 135, a weight she's never competed at, yet very few people mention how Ronda would be at a disadvantage if she went up to 145.

Reason people don't talk about Ronda's disadvantages at 145 is because Ronda has looked Just as Dominant at 145 as she has at 135.  

That's why it doesn't make sense for this fight to be at 135. 

9/23/13 12:37 AM
ultimatestreetfighter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

why do people still care about cyborg. she's only good because of ROIDS.

if we want to watch ronda fight a roidhead, i'd rather see her fight a roided miesha tate or some other female who demonstrated legitimate skills before becoming a juicehead.

stop acting like cyborg is anything special.
9/23/13 12:49 AM
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She needs to cut 10 more pounds? Really?

That doesn't look like an out of shape 145er

9/23/13 12:52 AM
dubate
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fox censored my Chael screen name -

It's funny the ratio of how many people say how Cyborg would be zapped of all her energy if she cut down to 135, a weight she's never competed at, yet very few people mention how Ronda would be at a disadvantage if she went up to 145.

Reason people don't talk about Ronda's disadvantages at 145 is because Ronda has looked Just as Dominant at 145 as she has at 135.  

That's why it doesn't make sense for this fight to be at 135. 

Other than that is where they fight in the UFC. Outside of Cyborg and maybe 2 or 3 others all of the big name talent in women's mma is at 135.
The only advice I can give Cristiane is, Ronda isn't hard to find, lose the "nutritionist" your husband met at the gym, call up Dolce, make 135, make more money in 1 fight than you have in your entire career.
This isn't a hard path to take, she would be well served to do it. Phone Post
9/23/13 12:57 AM

Cyborg has no skill or talent-HA

9/23/13 1:01 AM

She goes out of her way to talk shit

9/23/13 1:08 AM

Ronda-"Whatever the fans want to see, I'm down to do"

When you watch the above video, Ronda goes on a long rant.

It was a simple question, and the simple answer is yes, but since her actual answer is no, she feels like she has to explain her self and try to make up the excuse of 135.

"Are you willing to fight Cyborg at 145, or are you going to make her drop to 135"?

That was the question, and notice how Ronda has to explain herself for 60 seconds to try to justify herself.

I feel that is almost like her talking like she is punked.

9/23/13 2:18 AM
JerodR
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Of course she has to explain herself. There is always some moron on the internet that thinks she should go above her weight class and outside the UFC to fight someone that will not matter to her future and career. Phone Post 3.0
9/23/13 3:06 AM
dubate
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JerodR - Of course she has to explain herself. There is always some moron on the internet that thinks she should go above her weight class and outside the UFC to fight someone that will not matter to her future and career. Phone Post 3.0
Seriously, all she keeps saying is that Cyborg got that muscle mass from cheating so once she stops doping then making the weight shouldn't be an issue. As soon as she gets down to 135 then the fight is on.
This isn't rocket science, if you were using steroids and were able to (somewhat consistently) make 145 then if you really are off the PED's then 135 should be no problem. Unless she found a cocktail that can't currently be detected, the weight should be melting off. I mean a 10% loss of weight when no longer doping but still training hard isn't abnormal.
The fact that Santos would rather leave the UFC than make 135 speaks volumes. Shit at this point Liz Carmouche is making more money than Cristiane. Phone Post
9/23/13 4:26 AM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its never going to happen.

And it is sad because i honestly think it would be a competitive fight.

Anyways what Cyborgs said is very fair.Ronda goes up a little (its not like its not her natural weight) and Cyborg goes down a little.

Unfortunately where not dealing with reasonable people here.
9/23/13 8:57 AM
georgejonesjr
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fox censored my Chael screen name - 

She needs to cut 10 more pounds? Really?

That doesn't look like an out of shape 145er

So two fighters weighing in at 145, one extremely cut, one with a fair amount of fat on her ... not really a great picture to show if the argument is that they're the same size.

Cyborg looks like she can't cut any more weight. Rousey looks like she could easily cut 10 more pounds. Which in fact is what she does what she fights 135. In fact pictures like this is probably what her coaches used to convince her to drop to 135 - clearly she's fat at 145 compared to Cyborg at 145.

Perfect picture in fact for those like me who argue that Cyborg is about 10 pounds bigger than Rousey - ie Cyborgs natural weight is 10 pounds heavier than Rousey's natural weight.

9/23/13 9:05 AM
Rox19
489 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Ronda explained the situation well, in that last video.
9/23/13 11:55 AM
ranier wolfcastle
924 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i am going to take this opportunity to officially call out jon jones to fight me at 155

9/23/13 12:03 PM
skyballs

If you want to call out a bigger fighter than you, you go to their weight. If you can't beat them as is, keep your mouth shut. It would be like if I called out Overeem and told him he had to make 185.
9/23/13 12:58 PM
Durk McGurk

Uhhhhhhhhhhh. Someone stop this "woman" from talking.

9/23/13 2:10 PM

I'd prefer Ronda to talk the crap she's talked but go up and fight Cyborg, win, then do whatever the hell she wants as she'll have taken care of her toughest challengers.

But if Ronda is going to talk the crap and not fight unless it's at 135, then I wish Ronda wouldn't talk any trash at all.

9/24/13 8:46 PM
Bucephalus

then I wish Ronda wouldn't talk any trash at all.

I guess it's a trade off. Rhonda gets to talk all the bullshit she wants and you get to post all the bullshit that you want. Seems fair.
9/24/13 8:57 PM

Bucephalus-

I'm sorry my opinion that is different than yours upsets you.  I can tell b/c you waited a day to come back to this thread and all you had to add is stated above.  I would assume you'd have good feedback to add instead of insults, but sometimes one can assume wrong.  For instance I pegged you as someone who can debate without going the personal route. Was wrong there.

9/25/13 9:33 AM
Hunter V
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dubate - 
JerodR - Of course she has to explain herself. There is always some moron on the internet that thinks she should go above her weight class and outside the UFC to fight someone that will not matter to her future and career. Phone Post 3.0
Seriously, all she keeps saying is that Cyborg got that muscle mass from cheating so once she stops doping then making the weight shouldn't be an issue. As soon as she gets down to 135 then the fight is on.
This isn't rocket science, if you were using steroids and were able to (somewhat consistently) make 145 then if you really are off the PED's then 135 should be no problem. Unless she found a cocktail that can't currently be detected, the weight should be melting off. I mean a 10% loss of weight when no longer doping but still training hard isn't abnormal.
The fact that Santos would rather leave the UFC than make 135 speaks volumes. Shit at this point Liz Carmouche is making more money than Cristiane. Phone Post

you are using logic with idiots, its a lost cause. You put actual facts out and they will spin it harder than a woman having a period who is hyper emotional.
9/25/13 12:05 PM
Daverr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjNntHFpJT4

Dana not oppse to 140 catchweight fight.

9/25/13 12:06 PM
Daverr

lol

what changed?
9/25/13 1:03 PM

CapnKindBud - 
Shoulda done a background check on Chael -

The one thing that prevents me from commmitting to my fanboy of Ronda, is the hypocrasy of her Bushido.

Girl fights with tons of heart/Bushido, natural fighter you can't teach her attitude.

However, when not fighting, Ronda acts like a diva.  It totally is NOT bad ass to have the attitude...

"I'd beat Cyborg up"......if ronda was bigger

"I'd beat Cyborg up", if she didn't fight at five pounds higher than me

Come on Ronda. FIGHT. She's a girl, you're a girl.

Also, Ronda has had just as many if not MORE fights at 145 than she has at 135.  But Ronda won't fight Cyborg at 145 where she's fought multiple times and been successful before.

Wtf? Are you completely oblivious to the fact that Kris Cyborg does steroids so heavily that her bacne is covered by muscle !
She beats up on smaller girls who aren't on roids and uses only ground and pound and strikes to win. Two techniques which give the bigger stronger person the advantage.
Cyborg will not have these advantages without the roids. Which is why Cyborg quit the UFC ( what mma fighter quits the UFC???) as soon as they announced random drug testing even when the fighters AREN'T training for a fight ...
Coincidence? I think that you just want to see a juiced up Cyborg ruin Ronda's career like she did to Gina....but I'd rather see a Cyborg without the huge man muscles fight Ronda and have to actually use technique and skill instead of size and strength AND STEROIDS!! Phone Post 3.0

You have to look at the situation from both sides and it's hard to pick a side when you put yourself in the shoes of each fighter.

I totally get that Ronda can be very successful by not fighting Cyborg and remaining the 135lb champion-I GET THAT.

However Cyborg is making better for herself by getting to fight more often at 145 in a woman's only promotion.  Wmma is still fairly new and wmma in UFC is even newer. What's the best case scenario for Cyborg if she was to fight Ronda at 140 or 145 in the UFC? Cyborg wins, isn't a 145 or 140lb champion, she has zero 145 ufc opponents to face, and would have to sit out to either wait for a 145 division or wait for a good challenge at 140, a fight she's never fought at.

That doesn't mean myself and most any sane fan would want to see these two scrap.

For the 3rd time on this very thread, my #1 preferance would be for Ronda to go back to 145, fight Cyborg, FINISH Cyborg, and wash her hands with her.

9/25/13 1:07 PM

Think about Anderson vs Chael

Anderson didn't want to give a big payday to someone who was talking mad shit about him.

Anderson fought him, and finished him. Then, it was revealed that Chael Sonnen had peds in his system, as Cyborg has.

Anderson fought a cheating Chael Sonnen, and finished him. There is NO question who the better fighter is, and who is more honorable.

If Ronda fought Cyborg and won, it would solidify Ronda as the clear cut #1 bad ass woman fighter in mma, AND it would send a message that cheating doesn't help you win.

9/25/13 1:13 PM

A girl who cut 5 lbs to make the 145 division and fought there successfully 5 times, does not want to go back to 145 to fight a 145lb fighter because she feels she would be at a weight disadvantage, one significant enough to be the difference between winning and losing.

If that is Ronda and ya'lls argument, then you cannot say that Cyborg doesn't have legit skill.

Otherwise, why wouldn't Ronda feel like she could beat her at 145?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.