UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> This outrage over Jones vs Gustafson..

9/22/13 1:05 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
js138
196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

With the fight being so close who can be so angry about who got the nod? I wouldn't have cared if it went either way. I said to my wife they will be like Cain and JDS, they will probably fight 3 or 4 times.

Is this outrage just Jones hatred in disguise?

For the record this was NOT a robbery, see Nam Phan vs Leonard Garcia. Phone Post 3.0
9/22/13 1:07 AM
Melvinator86
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jones didn't win unanimously that's the problem Phone Post
9/22/13 1:08 AM
Winston Wolf

any fight that goes to decision UG will complain/
9/22/13 1:09 AM
UGCTT Jobe Watson's Original Butler
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can agree with this.

9/22/13 1:11 AM
js138
196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just see silly ass adults internet raging about boycotts over a decision that was close as fuck. Phone Post 3.0
9/22/13 1:11 AM
Sticksy

Exactly. People cannot get past their hate for a fighter to score the fight objectively.
9/22/13 1:14 AM
Kings21
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agree. The outrage is not appropriate for what we just watched. It was a very close fight. I had it even going into the 5th but rounds 1-4 were very close. I think 5 was Jones no question.
9/22/13 1:15 AM
js138

Kings21 - Agree. The outrage is not appropriate for what we just watched. It was a very close fight. I had it even going into the 5th but rounds 1-4 were very close. I think 5 was Jones no question.
I felt 4 was jones, had gus in major danger in the end of it. 5 I give to jones for being more active in the last two minutes and gus staggering to stand. 1 i had for gus, the rest are a blur. Phone Post 3.0
9/22/13 1:17 AM
bonersaurus
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not a robbery, just a close fight I really wanted to go the other way. Phone Post 3.0
9/22/13 1:19 AM
You're a Good Boy

Gus head strikes 88-18 in like the 4th or 5th round. 90% of jones strikes were those gay ass knee kicks. Gus won that fight hands down. Phone Post 3.0
9/22/13 1:20 AM
Wicked smahtMF

its a fucking joke. anyone using the word robbery should be bant
9/22/13 1:21 AM
GNPfan
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really don't get the hate or why people thing Jones lost. It was a very good fight, a very close fight but Gustafson did not win the fight.

rnd 1 Gus
rnd 2 Jones
rnd 3 Gus
rnd 4 Jones - fairly close round, Gus was slightly ahead and then Jones poured it on at the end. Round to Jones!
rnd 5 Jones

3-2 Jones is the correct score.
9/22/13 1:23 AM
js138

You're a Good Boy - Gus head strikes 88-18 in like the 4th or 5th round. 90% of jones strikes were those gay ass knee kicks. Gus won that fight hands down. Phone Post 3.0
Just cant agree with " hands down" when the closest the fight came to ending was in the 4th when Jone had Gus back peddling.

I need to watch the fight again but strike stats aren't 100% correct. Phone Post 3.0
9/22/13 1:23 AM
Strykr619

js138 - With the fight being so close who can be so angry about who got the nod? I wouldn't have cared if it went either way. I said to my wife they will be like Cain and JDS, they will probably fight 3 or 4 times.

Is this outrage just Jones hatred in disguise?

For the record this was NOT a robbery, see Nam Phan vs Leonard Garcia. Phone Post 3.0

Lots of butthurt on this site because their latest white knight lost. Jones is hated so of course the crying commences.

All 3 sherdog judges scored it for Jones
MMFighting.com scored it for Jones
MMAma is scored it for jones
MMAfrenzy scored it for jones
Ariel scored it for jones
9/22/13 1:24 AM
js138

GNPfan - I really don't get the hate or why people thing Jones lost. It was a very good fight, a very close fight but Gustafson did not win the fight.

rnd 1 Gus
rnd 2 Jones
rnd 3 Gus
rnd 4 Jones - fairly close round, Gus was slightly ahead and then Jones poured it on at the end. Round to Jones!
rnd 5 Jones

Thats basically how I had it. Gus has round 4 until the last two minutes, jones stole it back in my opinion. Phone Post 3.0
9/22/13 1:26 AM
Chris27

Because Jones won.  He is probably the most hated fighter in mma so anything close means he lost and its the worst robbery of all time.

I think most people who have no bias against Jones who looked at the fight objectively thought it was close, 3-2 either way, no robbery at all and most thought Jones won 2nd, won 4th late and took the 5th giving him the fight.

But the hatred for Jones and him winning means its a robbery.  You actually see threads that because Jones is hurt and went to the hospital means he couldnt have won the fight.  People actually are saying that because Jones left on a stretcher that means he didnt win rounds in the fight.

9/22/13 1:26 AM
js138

Its just sad, why cant we all just sit back and say "wow what a great fight" and go on with our night? This fight was a huge reality check for Jones and thought maybe this would gain him some respect. Obviously not I guess. Phone Post 3.0
9/22/13 1:28 AM
despot76

js138 -
Kings21 - Agree. The outrage is not appropriate for what we just watched. It was a very close fight. I had it even going into the 5th but rounds 1-4 were very close. I think 5 was Jones no question.
I felt 4 was jones, had gus in major danger in the end of it. 5 I give to jones for being more active in the last two minutes and gus staggering to stand. 1 i had for gus, the rest are a blur. Phone Post 3.0
That's how I had it too. Phone Post
9/22/13 1:31 AM
js138

If any of my MMA friends watching this fight with me was claiming robbery, i probably wouldn't be watching many more fights with them... Phone Post 3.0
9/22/13 1:33 AM
PitbullTodd

GNPfan - I really don't get the hate or why people thing Jones lost. It was a very good fight, a very close fight but Gustafson did not win the fight.

rnd 1 Gus
rnd 2 Jones
rnd 3 Gus
rnd 5 Jones

scored it the same way.
9/22/13 1:38 AM
MMAOutsider
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would actually bet (hope) that the majority feel the same way as everyone above, but the pissed off people are always more vocal. I had it 3-2 Gustaffson but knew it could go the other way (I think round two was a toss up).

I've never said this before but I'd be fine with an immediate rematch. Phone Post
9/22/13 1:51 AM
js138

MMAOutsider - I would actually bet (hope) that the majority feel the same way as everyone above, but the pissed off people are always more vocal. I had it 3-2 Gustaffson but knew it could go the other way (I think round two was a toss up).

I've never said this before but I'd be fine with an immediate rematch. Phone Post
Id watch this fight 10 more times if I could. Most excited I've been in a while. Phone Post 3.0
9/22/13 1:58 AM
noisebully

js138 - 

*jones fan trying to come off as objective
9/22/13 2:02 AM
js138

noisebully -
js138 - 

*jones fan trying to come off as objective
No doubt I'm Jones fan, but wouldn't have cared if Gus got the nod, thats the, you know, exciting part about close fights.

Besides that your post while regarding the topic is irrelevant, go be butt hurt somewhere else. Phone Post 3.0
9/22/13 2:12 AM
CaptainAhab
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A lot of people hate Jones for being young, cocky, supremely gifted, and something of a douche.

But he's so good that most people were resigned to his greatness and bottled their Jones hate up deep inside.

Then Gus came along and gave haters a glimmer of hope- and all that secret hate came pouring out.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.