UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Sherdog had it same as Judges, stop whining

9/22/13 1:10 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Wasa-B
333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/UFC-165-Results-Jones-vs-Gustafsson-PlaybyPlay-Updates-56377

Not sure about round by round but the 3 sherdog writers had the same totals as the judges:

R1: TJ De Santis scores the round 10-9 Gustafsson
Chris Nelson scores the round 10-9 Gustafsson
Mike Whitman scores the round 10-9 Gustafsson

R2: TJ De Santis scores the round 10-9 Jones
Chris Nelson scores the round 10-9 Jones
Mike Whitman scores the round 10-9 Jones

R3: TJ De Santis scores the round 10-9 Gustafsson
Chris Nelson scores the round 10-9 Gustafsson

R4: TJ De Santis scores the round 10-9 Jones
Chris Nelson scores the round 10-9 Jones

R5: TJ De Santis scores the round 10-9 Jones (48-47 Jones)
Chris Nelson scores the round 10-9 Jones (48-47 Jones)
Mike Whitman scores the round 10-9 Jones (49-46 Jones)

Just as i thought, 4 and 5 clearly to Jones. I thought 1-3 were close but that Gus must won 1-2 and Jones just needed 1 round out of the 3, which all 3 sherdog writers thought he had R2. Was it completely unphathomable for Jones to win R3?

People are as usual way to quick to yell the ol "ROBBERY!" chant. This is proof.
9/22/13 1:12 AM
Jaybrone
534 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No this is proof sherdog is retarded. Phone Post 3.0
9/22/13 1:13 AM
TheEssence
338 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sherdog also sucks bag. Phone Post
9/22/13 1:13 AM
heavyweightmma
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why aren't you guys saying shitdog right?
9/22/13 1:14 AM
crazydave
256 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shitdog.

9/22/13 1:15 AM
Wasa-B
333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

from tbag's thread:

MMFighting.com scored it for Jones
MMAma is scored it for jones
MMAfrenzy scored it for jones
Ariel scored it for jones

sorry guys.
9/22/13 1:17 AM
brianlg
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

proof that sherdog is full of idiots
9/22/13 1:19 AM
Wasa-B

and dana owns all those other blogs too, ya?

but, but but...ROBBERY!
9/22/13 1:22 AM
Immaculata
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
It was 48-47 Jones. Rnds 2, 4& 5.
9/22/13 1:22 AM
subd
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seriously you are using 3 retards from sherdog to make your point?
9/22/13 1:27 AM
lockon
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I usually disagree with your posts regarding the state of fans in MMA, but I gotta agree with you here Wasa-B.

I don't see how anyone could conclude that fight was a robbery. Most people gave Jones the 4 & 5th and the first 3 are admittedly a bit hazy to me.

I recall Gustaffson winning the first and the next two rounds being fairly close. I don't know if it's commentator's swaying opinions by going bananas over every stuffed takedown/jab thrown by Gus or if these people genuinely feel as though Alex CLEARLY took those first three rounds. I swear every time a dominant champion doesn't completely dismantle his opponent and has a close, competitive fight shit like this happens with both commentators and spectators.

Jones was landing too, definitely more kicks than punches though.
9/22/13 1:37 AM
Sadyv

That's pretty much what it is lockon. People are so expecting the previously dominant fighter to do it again, that when he doesn't they start over reacting thinking his opponent is doing more than he is. Add in the "love" that most here have for Jones, and it becomes worse.
9/22/13 10:19 AM
jpm995
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So Sherdog is the judging standard now?
9/22/13 10:23 AM
JStrongMMA
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA media are as retarded as judges. Most of them don't have a clue as to what they are seeing. Phone Post
9/22/13 10:39 AM
mghan44
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JStrongMMA -  MMA media are as retarded as judges. Most of them don't have a clue as to what they are seeing. Phone Post

But you, on the other hand, are clearly a Mixed Martial Arts authority.
9/22/13 10:41 AM
DragonDidn'tDrinkEnoughPee
959 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im about to re watch the fight right now. Sherdog can cunt right off. U gotta be trolling if you are using them as a source Phone Post
9/22/13 10:44 AM
Immaculata
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
mghan44 - 
JStrongMMA -  MMA media are as retarded as judges. Most of them don't have a clue as to what they are seeing. Phone Post

But you, on the other hand, are clearly a Mixed Martial Arts authority.

Nice! Lol.
9/22/13 10:46 AM
Steve4192
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For the most part, I agree. Most MMA media are terrible, but there are a few guys out there whose opinions I respect. But when every single judge and every single media guy on every website agrees that Jones won in a super-close fight, you can't call it a robbery.

You can say you disagree, but you can't say that no one in their right mind would score it for Jones. Clearly, a LOT of people scored it for Jones. They can't all be idiots. At least one or two of them has to be a relatively intelligent person who knows what they are doing and still scored it for Jones.
9/22/13 10:47 AM
FOTN
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/22/13 10:48 AM
"Adulterous_Zucchini - As though Sherdog is some authority. Who do you imagine runs that site? A room full of men in suits? More like one guy in his basement."

lol. I think you need to go back and check your facts. Sherdog is one of the few MMA sites on the net that's big enough to have full-time, paid staff.
9/22/13 10:47 AM
FoxyReiller

I always wonder how many of these people who give out about judges decisions have any experience in judging MMA fights.
9/22/13 10:51 AM
T Bag

Pretty much all the media score it for Jones. The only unbiased stat site in fightmetric also scored it for Jones.
But clearly the message board haters who despise Jones are the best judges of who won Phone Post 3.0
9/22/13 10:51 AM
JStrongMMA

Steve4192 - 

For the most part, I agree. Most MMA media are terrible, but there are a few guys out there whose opinions I respect. But when every single judge and every single media guy on every website agrees that Jones won in a super-close fight, you can't call it a robbery.

You can say you disagree, but you can't say that no one in their right mind would score it for Jones. Clearly, a LOT of people scored it for Jones. They can't all be idiots. At least one or two of them has to be a relatively intelligent person who knows what they are doing and still scored it for Jones.

No, I agree with you. I'm not shit talking all of the media guys but there are some who have no business being looked at as a credible source. There was an mma site that scored it 50-45 for Jones last night. How that is even possible gives me a headache thinking about. This was a close fight and it could have gone either way. In close fights like this the judges seem to always give the close rounds to the champion. Props to JBJ for fighting back and stealing those last two rounds.

9/22/13 10:58 AM
Lazer MMA

And MMA Junkie had it the same as the other judge 49-46!

And no major site gave the fight to Gus AT ALL.
9/22/13 11:13 AM
T Bag

Lazer MMA -
And MMA Junkie had it the same as the other judge 49-46!

And no major site gave the fight to Gus AT ALL.
It called confirmation bias. Same thing as anytime a professional sports team loses the fans blame the refs. It's easy to see what you want to see. Jones is hated on message boards so the interpretation of who won will reflect that Phone Post 3.0
9/22/13 11:59 AM
georgejonesjr
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

48-47 Jones is reasonable.

49-46 is just silly.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.