UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Sherdog had it same as Judges, stop whining

9/22/13 12:03 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Steve4192
222 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

georgejonesjr - 48-47 Jones is reasonable.

49-46 is just silly.

What two rounds did Gus CLEARLY win that couldn't possibly be scored for Jones? Because if you can't come up with two rounds that couldn't possibly be scored for Jones, then there is nothing ridiculous about 49-46.
9/22/13 12:11 PM
JStrongMMA
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steve4192 -

49-46 is just silly.

What two rounds did Gus CLEARLY win that couldn't possibly be scored for Jones? Because if you can't come up with two rounds that couldn't possibly be scored for Jones, then there is nothing ridiculous about 49-46.
1 and 3 were Gus pretty clearly. I had him winning 2 as well but it was close. Gus was also winning round 4 but Jones stole it after the elbow. Phone Post
9/22/13 12:19 PM
Steve4192
222 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/22/13 12:20 PM
If you surf around the web, you will a find a LOT of scorecards that had Jones winning round 3. I don't think it was clear at all.

IMO, rounds two and three were both tossups with Gus winning round 1 and Jones winning the championship rounds. I ended up giving round 2 to Jones and round 3 to Gus, but could have just as easily flip-flopped those scores or given both of them to the same guy.
9/22/13 12:22 PM
JStrongMMA
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steve4192 - If you surf around the web, you will a find a LOT of scorecards that had Jones winning round 3. I don't think it was clear at all.

IMO, rounds two and three were both tossups with Gus winning round 1 and Jones winning the championship rounds. I ended up giving round 2 to Jones and round 3 to Gus, but could have just as easily flip-flopped those scores or given both of them to the same guy.
Yea...round 2 was a coin toss. I'll have to rewatch round 3. I noticed a lot of people giving Jones the third. Phone Post
9/22/13 12:37 PM
wiggum
285 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thought it was insanely close. Said to my wife that this is one of the only fights I would not have liked to judge. Could have been 4-1 in either direction, truly.
9/22/13 12:45 PM
wiggum
285 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steve4192 - 

49-46 is just silly.

This is the right question. 49-46 doesn't FEEL right because each round was so close. But there aren't two rounds FOR EITHER GUY imo that were super clear
9/22/13 12:46 PM
georgejonesjr
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steve4192 - 

49-46 is just silly.

1st and 3rd. I've rewatched it several times (always with sound off - in fact, I watched it live at a sports bar where the sound was off so it wouldn't interfere with the NHL pre-season game ... yes, I'm in Canada, where a pre-season NHL game gets 7 of the 10 screens in a sports bar and the sound, a CFL game gets the next two, and the smallest screen in the place is on the UFC. Good beer and wings though).

And there's no way I can see not to give 1 and 3 to Gus, and not give 4 and 5 to Jones. 2 was very close, I'd give it to Jones just because ties go to the champ.
9/22/13 12:52 PM
Wasa-B
313 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

From TBags thread:

MMFighting.com scored it for Jones
MMAma is scored it for jones
MMAfrenzy scored it for jones
Ariel scored it for jones

http://mmafrenzy.com/93855/ufc-165-play-by-play/
4-1 Jones

Then checked mmaweekly myself:

http://www.mmaweekly.com/ufc-165-play-by-play-jon-jones-vs-alexander-gustafsson
3-2 Jones
9/22/13 12:53 PM
Wasa-B
313 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lmao at all the vote downs i got over night as well
9/22/13 12:54 PM
Wasa-B

wiggum - 
Steve4192 - 

49-46 is just silly.

This is the right question. 49-46 doesn't FEEL right because each round was so close. But there aren't two rounds FOR EITHER GUY imo that were super clear

Exactly, people still dont get the whole ten point must system tabulation. I thought 1-3 were quite close, 4 was close too until Jones hurt Gus from what i recall.....people just dont like Jones and are just stupid about many other things.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.