UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> I'm a noob, Rogan tricked me...

9/22/13 12:50 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
CT81
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So watching the main event last night I was shocked and couldn't believe jones won that fight. I was watching with friends and all we could talk about was how Gus was dominating the first three rounds and how shell shocked jones looked.

So naturally the first thing after the decision was to come on here to watch the meltdown. And when I saw that the major outlets all scored it for jones, I figured I needed to do something I always scoffed at; I watched the fight again without the sound.

I'll be honest, I love Rogan, and it makes things so much more exciting, but watching without sound was almost a different fight. I originally had it scored rounds 1-3 Gus clearly, 4-5 jones. After watching it 1-3 were way closer than I thought and honestly I changed my opinion to 1, 3 Gus, 4,5 jones and 2 a draw, though if I had to pick a winner I'd say jones.

I always thought when people told others to watch the fight without sound they were just being dicks, because c'mon, I'm a great fan and know what I'm seeing. Apparently not though, I'm as susceptible as anyone to the hype and would recommend anyone else who is pissed about the decision do the same as me.

All that aside, what a great fight and watching it live with the sound on was a fucking awesome experience. Most exciting title fight in ages for me, great heart from both guys and there's no loser in that one Phone Post 3.0
9/22/13 12:52 PM
Augustus_Caesar_Showtime'd_My_Butthole
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great thread. It will work well for you. Phone Post
9/22/13 12:53 PM
Rudi

Didnt read Phone Post
9/22/13 1:09 PM
Jacare's_Thunder_Buddy
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I watched without sound, I thought Gus won Phone Post 3.0
9/22/13 1:12 PM
Joeymarvelous
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just watched it for the 3rd time, no sound this time. I scored it like you. I'm so ready for the rematch. Phone Post
9/22/13 1:15 PM
KlinAtizer
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I often wonder if the judges can over hear what Joe and Goldie say. Phone Post
9/22/13 1:16 PM
kingjames100
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I watched it with the sound of another fight, I thought Miguel Torres won
9/22/13 1:19 PM
Dead President
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jacare's_Thunder_Buddy - I watched without sound, I thought Gus won Phone Post 3.0
Ditto Phone Post 3.0
9/22/13 1:21 PM
Shoryuken Rw

Try watching it with your tv off next time. Phone Post 3.0
9/22/13 1:23 PM
Trane

I rewatched with no sound and no picture and scored it a draw.
9/22/13 1:25 PM
CT81
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My point wasn't really that one fighter definitely won, just that it was a razor thin fight and when you take out the bias we all have, Rogan telling us what he believes, and focus on specifics instead of the big picture that was a fight that rightfully could have gone either way. I would have loved to see jones lose just for the fact it might humble him a bit, but at the same time watching him fight through adversity was pretty cool too. The fans won on that fight, instead of complaining about the decision we should be petitioning for a rematch because I for sure would pay to see that again Phone Post 3.0
9/22/13 1:25 PM
Silverball
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's all in the scoring, which is way to subjective most of the time. When you're the supposed striker and you're stuffing takedown after takedown attempt from the guy with the wrestling pedigree, maybe that should count - point wise - for half as much as an actual takedown, etc. That way you take the subjective opinion factor out of the equation. Negating a huge part of your opponents game/skill set to assure that the fight takes place standing up is what they refer to in boxing as "making your opponent fight your fight".

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.