UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Arthur Jones says Jon makes twice the money

9/23/13 11:13 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MoomBah
348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

...than both nfl stars combined.

": deserves to get paid like his brothers. " Lol he makes more!

haha you make $2 million dollar base salary. Hook up with your agent or with .

@supernorms @JonnyBones @RosenhausSports @Chan95Jones@malkikawa I'm telling you he makes more then me and @Chan95Jonestogether.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/9/23/4761654/arthur-jones-says-ufc-champ-jon-jones-makes-more-than-both-nfl-star

9/23/13 11:16 AM
MoomBah
348 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Arthur has a one year contract with a base pay of $2,023,000 while Chandler has a four year deal worth a total of $8,172,552 ($7,421,215 guaranteed). $4,384,000 is a signing bonus and they have his base pay structured out so that he only makes $761,522 in base pay this year -- not exactly a bad thing given the large signing bonus.

The idea that Jones makes as much as them might seem slightly hard to believe but when you factor in sponsorships (even if people tend to think fighters make more from sponsor deals than is reality) and base pay plus the always hard to pin down undisclosed bonuses, it's shouldn't really be that far fetched that he's making $4,000,000 a year ($2mil a fight the past two years)."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/9/23/4761654/arthur-jones-says-ufc-champ-jon-jones-makes-more-than-both-nfl-star

9/23/13 11:22 AM
MoomBah

Sorry for the title, he makes more money than both of them combined...not twice the ammount.

9/23/13 11:26 AM
RampageFitsLikeAGlove
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not surprising.  He should be making no less than $2-$3M per fight.  Plus I can't imagine the Nike deal is less than $1M per year.  I'm sure Anderson is up there and with GSP's PPV sales he has to make a fair amount more.

9/23/13 11:28 AM
Mok The Ookla
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BOZY - Bones deserves every penny he gets. Guy is a warrior with no quit. I have nothing but Respect for him after Saturday night. Phone Post
True that. He showed he's got heart. True champion no matter what people may think of him personally. Phone Post 3.0
9/23/13 11:29 AM
Slash
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bones is one of the 4-5 most recognizable fighters in MMA. It makes sense that sponsors would put him at that earning level.
9/23/13 11:34 AM
BrattMamley
832 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jones really won me over Saturday night. Knew he was gifted but didn't know he has that heart. Deserves every penny he gets. Phone Post 3.0
9/23/13 11:37 AM
Leck Brosnar

Jonny Bones money trumps Silva money
9/23/13 12:28 PM
MMALOGIC

lol at the guy trying to instigate something... i bet he stil cant believe Jones makes more than both his brothers combined.

9/23/13 12:34 PM
jasonhightower
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't see how this is far fetched.  The guy is the lb for lb #1 fighter in professional MMA (arguably).  So he doesn't make nearly as much as the #1 athlete in the other major sports.

9/23/13 12:38 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
515 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His brothers don't have contracts with Nike and Gatorade like Jon does. They could be Nike athletes but they aren't getting even close to the same push or money from them.

Good for Bones he deserves more. Phone Post
9/23/13 12:43 PM
mrwhipple
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i would hope Jones, the current champ and best LHW ever and maybe even the #1 fighter in the world, makes more than both his brothers, neither of whom have ever made the Pro Bowl.
9/23/13 2:06 PM
Card
1798 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's worth it.

9/23/13 2:12 PM
lars_schifinkter
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That conversation is hilarious. Why would someone's older brother lie about their little brother making more money than them? Supernorms is a dink.
9/23/13 2:12 PM
thatcpjguy

Throws a wrench in the fighters getting paid chump change argument. Makes you wonder how much money people like joe Layton and stuff are making. Bet you things aren't as bad for mid level stars and higher as people think Phone Post 3.0
9/23/13 2:34 PM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Encouraging to hear.

Gus made him look mortal yet incredible all in the same fight. Jon persevered and then some (though his boxing looked pretty awful).

I hope to god Jones at least makes in the neighborhood of eight to ten million a years. His PPV numbers needs to improve and companies like Gatorade need to commit long term. But jesus UFC champions like JBJ in the higher weigh-classes should at least make that much.
9/23/13 2:37 PM
RampageFitsLikeAGlove

thatcpjguy - Throws a wrench in the fighters getting paid chump change argument. Makes you wonder how much money people like joe Layton and stuff are making. Bet you things aren't as bad for mid level stars and higher as people think Phone Post 3.0

No one has ever said that GSP, Anderson, Jones, Cain, or other UFC superstarts are underpaid. 

9/23/13 2:43 PM
The artist formerly known as
563 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thatcpjguy - Throws a wrench in the fighters getting paid chump change argument. Makes you wonder how much money people like joe Layton and stuff are making. Bet you things aren't as bad for mid level stars and higher as people think Phone Post 3.0
Wrong.

That's like saying since Floyd pulled in 45 million or whatever it was, I'm sure the lower level boxers make more than we think. Phone Post
9/23/13 3:18 PM
Rookie Fighter

Isn't chandler jones making 55 millions in 4 years or something insane Phone Post 3.0
9/23/13 3:46 PM
The Winter Soldier
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC - 

lol at the guy trying to instigate something... i bet he stil cant believe Jones makes more than both his brothers combined.

Probably Ariel Helwanis troll account.

9/23/13 3:53 PM
The Winter Soldier
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thatcpjguy - Throws a wrench in the fighters getting paid chump change argument. Makes you wonder how much money people like joe Layton and stuff are making. Bet you things aren't as bad for mid level stars and higher as people think Phone Post 3.0

Let's not get all crazy now. NFL minimim salaries on the whole make UFC guys pay look ridiculous.

9/23/13 4:46 PM
liquidmuse3

& this is why I said, I'd be interested to hear the Jones' conversations in 20 years...who has more bank, esp. compared to who has more aches & injuries. If more athletes of the Jones' caliber decide fighting 2-3 times a year for 10-13 years for really good money is better than slamming your head against a wall 18 times a year for 4-5 years for really good money, I wonder if MMA will get better athletes in it. It's a little amusing when Rogan goes on about Jones' athleticism (esp. compared to other MMA guys), yet Jonny can't even dunk a basketball (i.e., the best athletes currently are in football & basketball).
9/23/13 4:53 PM
Thacommish
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What about flacco money?!
9/23/13 5:05 PM
The Winter Soldier

liquidmuse3 - & this is why I said, I'd be interested to hear the Jones' conversations in 20 years...who has more bank, esp. compared to who has more aches & injuries. If more athletes of the Jones' caliber decide fighting 2-3 times a year for 10-13 years for really good money is better than slamming your head against a wall 18 times a year for 4-5 years for really good money, I wonder if MMA will get better athletes in it. It's a little amusing when Rogan goes on about Jones' athleticism (esp. compared to other MMA guys), yet Jonny can't even dunk a basketball (i.e., the best athletes currently are in football & basketball).

My friend and I talk about this all the time. Jones isnt even that great of a fighter, he's just a decent athlete, I'm not taking anthing away from him or the other fighters in the UFC, but most of them arent physically athletic at all. When you start seeing guys like that are in the NFL who are 350 lbs, can box jump a house, and run the 40 in 4.5 seconds, bench press a truck, and are as agile as a cat, then you will be seeing some real talent. People were impressed with Brock when he came in, with how big and fast he was, and he would be a scrub in the NFL. When the money becomes better, and those type of athletes start entering the UFC, it'll be a whole new sport. 

9/23/13 5:13 PM
Rtchamp15
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did anyone think he didn't make more? Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.