UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Anderson Silva Plans to KO Weidman in Hematch

9/23/13 9:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ManWithTheIronFists
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson Silva plans to ‘give back the knockout’ at UFC 168

Chris Weidman became the first man to stop Anderson Silva inside the Octagon, and the Brazilian plans to avenge the loss the same way.

Silva’s run as the middleweight champion lasted 2,458 days and ended at UFC 162, and he told Ariel Helwani during Monday’s edition of The MMA Hour that he will regain the title with a knockout.

"I (will) give back the knockout," Silva told Helwani when asked how he believes he will defeat Weidman on Dec. 28. "I’m working hard now. Chris is the new champion and is a great fighter, but I'm training hard. The new Anderson is coming."

The Brazilian plans to end the fight with a knockout, but he doesn’t expect Weidman to stand in front of him at UFC 168.

"I (will) train more jiu-jitsu because Weidman come to fight me and (won’t) stand up together in this fight," he said. "Go for the ground, go for the ground. I train more jiu-jitsu, and ninjitsu."

Silva admitted that his life has changed a lot since losing the title, and most of the people, including fans, has treated him differently since. But he doesn’t seem to care.

"It's normal," he said. "It's the game. But my family is normal. This is more important for me. My sons, my wife, my brothers and dad. Other people, whatever."

He doesn’t feel he needs a devastating win to prove he’s the best middleweight in the planet, though.

"Come on, bro, definitely no," Silva said. "I'm working hard for a long time. My big goal is train the kids, new athletes coming. I’m normal guy. Sometimes I have good day, sometimes I don't have good day. People will have the new chance to see the real Anderson. It’s normal."

After his first loss in the UFC, Silva said Steven Seagal shouldn’t get all the credit for his devastating front kick knockout over Vitor Belfort, and he explains why.

"I have a good relationship with master Seagal," he said. "He is a great man, great master, but I worked hard the front kick for a long time. I started martial arts and my first master showed me the movement. I've trained Capoeira, Taekwondo, but one day master Steven Seagal came to the academy, watched the training, watched my front kick and said ‘you move (to) the left’ and that's it. (He doesn’t) showed the kick and bla, bla, bla. He's not my coach, he's my friend."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/9/23/4763548/anderson-silva-plans-to-give-back-the-knockout-at-ufc-168
9/23/13 9:34 PM
DumpsterBaby
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds pretty normal. Phone Post
9/23/13 9:35 PM
DoomFarmer
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I still say Weidman wins the rematch. Phone Post 3.0
9/23/13 9:36 PM
KrzyBnzJnz
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WEIDMAN V SILVA II: GIVING BACK THE KNOCKOUT

9/23/13 9:39 PM
The Brool Story Company
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Giving back the KO is normal, he is ninja. Ninjistu, norml.

9/23/13 9:42 PM
ABE FROMAN

Awesome.

9/23/13 9:53 PM
jujubre
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just...normal. Phone Post 3.0
9/23/13 10:02 PM
Uneducated Fool

Prebek....where are you?
9/23/13 10:08 PM
Chris Weidened My Sphincter
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Motivated Anderson = scary Phone Post 3.0
9/23/13 10:09 PM
Mark Hunts Pet Monkey
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson will move to the left. Phone Post 3.0
9/23/13 10:10 PM
Chris Weidened My Sphincter
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chaelismyhero - I honestly fear for Anderson's safety in the rematch vs. Weidman.

Anderson is a legend,but is nearing 40. Chris is a stud entering his prime.

This will not end well for Anderson.

I hope its competitive,but I think its going to be extremely one sided with Chris swinging the hammer.

Lol you fear for his safety? Mma noob I think. Phone Post 3.0
9/23/13 10:12 PM
UncleChael

Sure Anderson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT3MH8876YI
9/23/13 10:45 PM
dhughes
474 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I want to be normal.
9/23/13 10:52 PM
DragonDidn'tDrinkEnoughPee
960 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sensei seagul will not be pleased with these words. Dont be suprised if chris wins via spinning bird kick learned from an anonymous silent coach Phone Post
9/23/13 10:58 PM
StretchPlum

I always assume Silva is going to win but, win or lose, he's got his head on straight.
9/23/13 11:29 PM
Fryedtakyama owns me, it's normal

Chaelismyhero - I honestly fear for Anderson's safety in the rematch vs. Weidman.

I hope its competitive,but I think its going to be extremely one sided with Chris swinging the hammer.

Did your hero tell you that? Phone Post 3.0
9/23/13 11:37 PM
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun

Weidman already won the fight because he got in Andersons head. Andersons best chance is to fight cocky and loose and goat Weidman into standup exchanges. YOu see Anderson is a fighter who needs to find his rythym and be loose and open. This is also the only way Weidman won't go for takedowns. The first round was not pretty at all and Weidman jumped in and out of his guard like it was Silvas first day in BJJ class.
9/24/13 12:16 AM
creepymcfinger

Are you drunk? Phone Post 3.0
9/24/13 12:23 AM
yabadaba
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingofBJJ - 

We'll see. If Silva comes in business like, like he did against Leben, it should be over pretty quick.  I don't see him playing his antics this fight and hopefull ever again.

If Anderson comes in like he did against Leben he'll get taken down and either lose a decision or get submitted. IMO Anderson can't fight Weidman the way he fought Leben because of the risk of the take down.

9/24/13 12:28 AM
Rudi

Fucking idiot Phone Post
9/24/13 12:29 AM
DragonDidn'tDrinkEnoughPee
960 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rudi -

Fucking idiot Phone Post
Yup. Phone Post
9/24/13 12:30 AM
Authority Figure

Chaelismyhero - I honestly fear for Anderson's safety in the rematch vs. Weidman.

lmao. If you say so. Much better chance of Weidman joining Franklin in the plastic surgeon's office.

9/24/13 1:15 AM
yabadaba
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chaelismyhero - I honestly fear for Anderson's safety in the rematch vs. Weidman.

9/24/13 1:21 AM
Larry Appleton
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Ninjitsu" lol Ando is trolling everyone Phone Post 3.0
9/24/13 1:24 AM
You're a Good Boy

When Anderson knocks Chris out its going to be normal. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.