UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW's P4P 1-5

9/24/13 4:29 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

UFC @ufc
Dana says his top 5 pound-for-pound fighters currently are JBJ, Anderson, GSP, Renan & Aldo
Dana White has Jones, Silva, St. Pierre, Barao and Aldo as top five pound-for-pound

So there you have it:
1. Jon Jones
2. Anderson Silva
3. Georges St-Pierre
4. Renan Barao
5. Jose Aldo

What is your top 5?

And are Cain Velasquez, Demetrious Johnson, or  Chris Weidman who famously toppled Anderson Silva on your list?

9/24/13 4:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
2Fort
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How is Jones and Anderson above GSP? Anderson just lost to Weidman, whiles Jones hasn't been champion anywhere near as long as GSP has... GSP doesn't get the respect he deserves, IMO.
9/24/13 4:38 PM
Teddy KGB
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jones on the p4p list is a joke, someone who is massive in their division and has the height and reach advantage over everybody has no place on a p4p list.

Cain is the real p4p number and would beat Jones into a living death at HW
9/24/13 4:41 PM
JLFoster
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana white doesnt know what p4p means. Phone Post
9/24/13 4:42 PM
justininhifi

I'd have gsp at #1. Avenged his losses and usually fought the best in his division at the time. Phone Post
9/24/13 4:42 PM
Buck 65

GSP was #1 even before Silvas and Jones last fights
9/24/13 4:45 PM
kid chaos
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP
SILVA
JONES
ALDO
BARAO Phone Post 3.0
9/24/13 4:47 PM
ChaosOverkill
590 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barao above Aldo... that's absurd

9/24/13 4:49 PM
theFLYnTACO
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Prob because GSP is boring as fuck. If he would have fights like the one we just witnessed...goat. Phone Post
9/24/13 4:51 PM
herwil10
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP has to be #1 at this point. He's fought the toughest competition and he makes them look like amateurs that don't belong in the cage.
9/24/13 4:52 PM
DaleSonnen

Jones deserves the top spot, he is still unbeaten, and ya cant ignore the the fact he fought the best guys in his division in the time frame he did it in. I think GSP should be #2, only cause Anderson lost to Weidman. Barao and Aldo should switch spots too, Aldo has been the Champ for a little bit now, and has had some tough guys this past few years, Barao is great, but he needs to be the undisputed champ first. Can't deny his streak tho, but I think if he beats Cruz and maybe some other tough guys, him and Aldo may switch

1. Jon Jones
2. GSP
3. Anderson Silva
4. Aldo
5. Barao
9/24/13 4:53 PM
Seats Taken
184 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not a GSP fan, but he's avenged his losses and in my opinion, welterweight is a pretty stacked division compared to LHW and MW. He may not be flashy and exciting, but he is my p4p #1. 

9/24/13 4:54 PM
MMAtador

WTF no Cain ??? He's the only guy in the UFC that could legitimately beat everyone in every division if he had too. Phone Post
9/24/13 4:56 PM
ChucoV
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barao over Aldo? Wtf are you smoking Dana? Phone Post
9/24/13 4:58 PM
DaleSonnen

MMAtador -  WTF no Cain ??? He's the only guy in the UFC that could legitimately beat everyone in every division if he had too. Phone Post

lol I think JDS would have something to say about that
9/24/13 4:58 PM
theGunt
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chaelismyhero - Dana has potato at #6.
No more internets for me today. Seen everything I need to see.

Thank you sir for the legit lol. See you tomorrow. (VU) Phone Post 3.0
9/24/13 5:00 PM
MMAtador

Cain
Silva
GSP
Aldo
Jones/Bareo

That's how I see it Phone Post
9/24/13 5:00 PM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP
Jones
Aldo
Silva
Renan

GSP has been a dominate champ, has fought best in his division, came back from a ACL injury to win a war against Condit. He deserves number 1 spot.

Id give Jones the number 2 spot due to his title defenses and how he has finished them. Though if you look at his last performance, could be argued he goes down a rank

Aldo has been on a tear. He has defended his title now 5 times in the UFC against top talent, and won his last fight with a broken foot, eliminating his main weapon.

Silva is defintley one of the bests, this cannot be argued. But in all fairness he did just come off a loss while the prior have been on their winning streaks, though...

Renan is the interim champion, with 2 title defenses. He has been facing the top of his division and doing a stellar job at it. Only reason I dont rank him above any of the others is due to his short time with title, but he deserves a ton of respect for his record Phone Post 3.0
9/24/13 5:03 PM
Mertvaya Ruka

GSP is a few fights way from #1
9/24/13 5:05 PM
Ironhouse
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/24/13 5:05 PM
When I think of P4P I think "if they were all the same size and fought, who would win". Asking myself that I generally think GSP would come out on top, both literally in the fight and in the victory after.
9/24/13 5:08 PM
Sukulaku

Underground Blog, not like this. Read the tweet again. It says absolutely nothing about the order of the list.
9/24/13 5:10 PM
MexiCain AmeriCain
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bones
Cain
Aldo
GSP
Weidman Phone Post 3.0
9/24/13 5:11 PM
DragonDidn'tDrinkEnoughPee
786 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I believe Cain would beat the champion of every other division in the same night. And still have enough gas left to bang rousey

But does that make him p4p king? Or me a moran? Phone Post
9/24/13 5:15 PM
UGCTT_SidRival
548 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol wut?! Phone Post 3.0
9/24/13 5:18 PM
ChaosOverkill
590 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

just for reference:

From Wiki

Pound for pound is a term used in combat sports such as boxing[1] or mixed martial arts[2] to describe a fighter's value in relation to fighters of different weight classes. As these fighters do not compete directly judging the best fighter pound for pound is subjective and ratings vary. They may be based on a range of criteria including "quality of opposition", factors such as how exciting the fighter is or how famous they are, or be an attempt to determine who would win if all those ranked were the same size. In boxing, the term was historically associated with fighters such as Benny Leonard and Sugar Ray Robinson who were widely considered to be the most skilled fighters of their day, to distinguish them from the generally more popular (and better compensated) heavyweight champions

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.