UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jones: I won decisively, Gus rematch not necessary

9/26/13 12:11 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1072 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

The news broke via Twitter.

UFC Tonight @UFCTonight
Jones says since he feels that he decisively won the fight and isn't sure if @AlexTheMauler should get an immediate rematch.

Further reports were even more emphatic - no rematch for Gus.

“[Jones) told me he did not break his foot. It's just a deep bruise and he should be good to go in a few weeks," said Ariel Helwani on UFC Tonight. "Right after the fight, [Jones] thought the most fair thing to do was to grant Alexander Gustafsson a rematch. Now, after watching the fight over ten more [times], Jones thinks he decisively won rounds two, four and five and that he decisively won the fight, so the most fair thing to do is to move on."

UFC president Dana White will meet with UFC co-owner Lorenzo Fertitta to discuss who is next for Jones, but it does not look like it will be Gustafsson.

9/26/13 12:13 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Wasa-B
289 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hmm...i also gave him 2, 4, 5 but 2-3 were close enough to go either way, there should be a rematch, the quesiton is when.
9/26/13 12:13 AM
madmav
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

don't blame him for not wanting a rematch against the "mauler"..
9/26/13 12:14 AM
ChuckManson
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

madmav - don't blame him for not wanting a rematch against the "mauler"..
Same Phone Post
9/26/13 12:19 AM
RKing85
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

a fighter thinking he won clearly a fight that was close?

I'm shocked. This has to be a first.....
TheOne
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

madmav - don't blame him for not wanting a rematch against the "mauler"..

He should just be happy he escaped with his strap, run Jon, you may not be so lucky next time around.

kingkoopa
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LMFAO

In before "I don't understandwhy ppl don't like Jones"

This a perfect example of how condescending he is. Imo Jones is incapable of being gracious

Even if you have Jones winning the fight it was far from decisive Phone Post
9/26/13 12:20 AM
Augustus_Caesar_Showtime'd_My_Butthole

49-46. Bones. Phone Post
9/26/13 12:20 AM
kingkoopa

RKing85 - a fighter thinking he won clearly a fight that was close?

And ppl hate on every fighter that thinks they "decisively won" when it clearlywasnt the case... It's not just a Jones thing Phone Post
9/26/13 12:23 AM
AZGnP

And he wonders why people don't like his ass.

He's incapable of being gracious.

Gus could have thrown a fit over losing the fight as some other fighters do when they lose a decision not nearly as close as this fight. And what did he do? He was gracious because he knows how close that fight was.

Jones is kind of a dick.
9/26/13 12:24 AM
Matt Phillips
776 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He should probably just vacate the title and move to HW. Then they let Vitor and Alexander fight for the title. Phone Post
9/26/13 12:25 AM
MTH
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I say put Glover in, the rematch can wait.

These guys often fight twice a year, sometimes more. A rematch would be more interesting if both Jones and Gust. won another fight in the interim, which would put a rematch a year away or maybe even less. Hardly a long wait. Phone Post 3.0
9/26/13 12:27 AM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think round 4 was the closest round of the fight, even though everyone says it was 2. Gus got rocked bad but never dropped, I don't feel like the elbow was worth more than everything else Gus landed. I would call it a draw, personally.
9/26/13 12:29 AM
DoomFarmer

Didn't like how his first real fight felt.

I'm almost certain this slows down his timeline for moving up to HW so it looks like there will be some boring ass musical chair rematches on the horizon if Glover or maybe Phil Davis can't get it done.

Great! We all want that I'm sure.

There will be a rematch... Phone Post 3.0
Gfropr

Matt Phillips - He should probably just vacate the title and move to HW. Then they let Vitor and Alexander fight for the title. Phone Post
After the Mauler fight I have my doubts about Jones moving up. I don't think he ever will now. Unless his striking game becomes better I just don't see him beating guys his own size. Phone Post
DoomFarmer

RileyPust - I think round 4 was the closest round of the fight, even though everyone says it was 2. Gus got rocked bad but never dropped, I don't feel like the elbow was worth more than everything else Gus landed. I would call it a draw, personally.
But dude...it was a SPINNING elbow.

That means it counts for so much more. Phone Post 3.0
9/26/13 12:30 AM
Gfropr

Gfropr -
Matt Phillips - He should probably just vacate the title and move to HW. Then they let Vitor and Alexander fight for the title. Phone Post
After the Mauler fight I have my doubts about Jones moving up. I don't think he ever will now. Unless his striking game becomes better I just don't see him beating guys his own size. Phone Post
Sorry I mean I don't see him beating guys his own size consistently. Phone Post
JustPeed
177 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here we go... i knew something like this was going to be the official statement coming from Jones and team Jacksons.

Lame. Make the Rematch, Dana. Don't let Jones pull done primadona bullshit. Phone Post
MMAzombie

Run Bones Run Phone Post 3.0
DoomFarmer

KingofBJJ -

Only idiots think Gus won or a rematch is warranted.

Only a deluded, ball-sack licking fanboy would act like it wasn't razor thin close and worthy of a rematch. Phone Post 3.0
9/26/13 12:32 AM
DoomFarmer

Moving to HW is the last thing he needs to do if he wants to keep winning fights. Phone Post 3.0
9/26/13 12:33 AM
Rtchamp15
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phil Davis and Alexander for the no.1 contender. Phone Post
9/26/13 12:34 AM
Lux Fixxins

This Phone Post 3.0
9/26/13 12:37 AM
ContinueZero
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, all I can say is duck. I'm a Bones fan but that's straight up ducking. Regardless of how you scored it Bones did not win that fight decisively. Any rounds scored either way were close. He got his ass handed to em and he didnt like it. I'm interested to see if Cormier could do some damage and take that strap from Bones. Bones struggled when he couldn't ragdoll Gus and there is no way Bones can take down Cormier.
9/26/13 12:40 AM
ChaosOverkill
474 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lux Fixxins - 

This Phone Post 3.0

he doesn't think it was a close fight though, he thinks it was dominant for him.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.