UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> In defense of Bruce Lee! Fighters words, newspaper

9/27/13 9:46 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lazer MMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/27/13 3:05 PM

articles, & videos. Really I feel silly needing to defend a guy who was a top fight martial artist as soooo many who are great fighters have said. But the hater morans here must be getting paid for their lies. So here is some truth:

Washington Star 8/16/70

"Three of bruce Lee's pupils, Joe Lewis, Chuck Norris and Mike Stone have between them won every major karate tournament in the United States at least once. Lewis was Grand National Champion three successive years. Lee handles and instructs these guys almost as a parent would a young child. Which can be be somewhat disconcerting to watch.
It's like walking into a saloon in the old west and seeing the fastest guy in the territory standing there with notches all over his gun, then in walks a pleasant little fellow who says 'how many times do I have to tell you, you're doing it all wrong', and the other guy listens intently."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsN0g3p9_-U

On this I'll say that these three were not paying students of Lee's. These guys basically just trained together. What is most interesting here is the journalists impressions on what he witnessed. To suggest that these fighters would train with and listen as such to a NON top flight MA is asinine without exception.

Chuck on training with Bruce and a potential fight:

Chuck, "He was good". Journalist: "So you could have beaten him? " Chuck, "I don't even know"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mcl81ldNODc

Mike Stone on Bruce Lee:

Mike Stone Street Fight Series on Bruce Lee vs. Rocky Marciano http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj6sKrilPs8
He picks Bruce to win.

Joe Louis on Bruce:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R5CoqaIhhs (@2:22)

AS on Bruce:
Journalist: Would you have liked to have fought Bruce Lee?
Anderson Silva: "No. I would like to have known him and to have had lessons with him. But to risk a fight with Bruce Lee? No" http://www.lowkickmma.com/UFC/anderson-silva-talks-god-training-bruce-lee-and-life-after-fighting-17132

Gene LeBell talks about Bruce Lee:
First 10 seconds "Bruce was a world class martial artist"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJoCtd_cblQ

Rickson on Bruce:
Gracie family talks about Bruce Lee https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2m3U25Qj7U

In addition Cain, Randy, Bonnar and many other fighters have spoken to Bruce's clear talent and to the fact he was a top flight MA.
9/27/13 10:06 AM
Lazer MMA

TTT

and
waiting for haters to say they know better than all these guys.
9/27/13 10:09 AM
ABE FROMAN

Love this post. Vote up when I get home. Phone Post
9/27/13 10:10 AM
billaabum
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's a legendary figure nowadays, it's all speculation from people on forums such as this, really holds no weight whatsoever. It would have been awesome to watch him in person, he'd probably be too fast to observe though! Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 10:26 AM
Lazer MMA

billaabum - He's a legendary figure nowadays, it's all speculation from people on forums such as this, really holds no weight whatsoever. It would have been awesome to watch him in person, he'd probably be too fast to observe though! Phone Post 3.0

That's why I quoted those who were his contemporaries and those fighters he trained with Like Gene & Chuck N.

9/27/13 10:30 AM
billaabum
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lazer MMA -
billaabum - He's a legendary figure nowadays, it's all speculation from people on forums such as this, really holds no weight whatsoever. It would have been awesome to watch him in person, he'd probably be too fast to observe though! Phone Post 3.0

That's why I quoted those who were his contemporaries and those fighters he trained with Like Gene & Chuck N.

My vote has been cast, always enjoy these kinda threads. Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 10:36 AM
Kirik
1933 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor

Whether he could really fight is irrelevant to me. What matters is that he opened people up to the idea that you have to devlop what works for you, as determined by actually fighting.

9/27/13 10:40 AM
Lazer MMA

Kirik - 

Whether he could really fight is irrelevant to me. What matters is that he opened people up to the idea that you have to devlop what works for you, as determined by actually fighting.

In fairness sir he inspired millions to join the MA's and be the best they could be. Prior to Lee here in the US the MA's were frowned upon and misunderstood. Till this day Bruce inspires so many.
9/27/13 10:43 AM
billaabum

Kirik -

Well said, that's whats really important imo. Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 10:44 AM
Lazer MMA

Besides in fairness this defense only seeks to prove he was a top fight martial artist as so many here on the UG Kirik say "no". We know according to many great fighters above he was and there is nothing to talk about IMO.
9/27/13 11:59 AM
Lazer MMA

Edited: 09/27/13 12:31 PM

Haters avoid this thread like the plague. Surprise surprise..... Hundreds of posts in other threads that go on for a dozen pages &...... zip here
9/27/13 2:12 PM
Lazer MMA

TTT
9/27/13 2:16 PM
ajl416az

a bunch of dudes that don't want to criticize a famous dead guy...

how fascinating

lol
9/27/13 3:01 PM
Lazer MMA

duckhuntgangsta - Why does Bruce Lee need defending? Phone Post 3.0

Start at the back of the thread below and read these hater loser posts and you'll get it. They are nowhere here though after my 1st post.

BRUCE LEE WAS NOT A BAD ASS.....
http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=1714076&page=1
9/27/13 3:09 PM
Lazer MMA

ajl416az - a bunch of dudes that don't want to criticize a famous dead guy...

how fascinating

lol

Here's one UG

The Journalist wrote the article in 1970 correct? Why ignore it?

So why did Joe Lewis, Chuck Norris and Mike Stone train with him? DERP

9/27/13 3:27 PM
ABE FROMAN

Your vote has been cast.

+1

9/27/13 3:43 PM
Lazer MMA

TY Sir
9/27/13 3:44 PM
lildragonof
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I'm a martial artist first and and actor second."
-Bruce Lee Phone Post
9/27/13 3:58 PM
jcblass
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gene LeBell talks about Bruce Lee:
First 10 seconds "Bruce was a world class martial artist"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJoCtd_cblQ

Isn't that the same canned line he uses when he references Seagal

;)
9/27/13 4:01 PM
ManWithTheIronFists
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"If I told you I was good, you'd say I'm boasting, If I told you I was no good, you'd know I'm lying."
-Bruce Lee
9/27/13 5:44 PM
Lazer MMA

lildragonof -  "I'm a martial artist first and and actor second."
-Bruce Lee Phone Post

Yep, & the sky is blue too.
9/27/13 6:41 PM
Lazer MMA

TTT
9/27/13 9:43 PM
vegasdolphin
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT

9/28/13 2:33 AM
Lazer MMA

duckhuntgangsta - 
Lazer MMA -
duckhuntgangsta - Why does Bruce Lee need defending? Phone Post 3.0

Start at the back of the thread below and read these hater loser posts and you'll get it. They are nowhere here though after my 1st post.

BRUCE LEE WAS NOT A BAD ASS.....
http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=1714076&page=1
I read the thread, it's just moronic the idea that Bruce Lee has to be defended in anyway. It's like saying Abraham Lincon was not a great leader. Only a compete goof would make that statement. Phone Post 3.0

Just so I understand you correctly, you are saying the OP of that thread and this moran fool below whom I quoted are goofs based on the evidence given in my 1st post here (EG) correct?

hermanitor - Objectively Bruce was an actor by trade with actual minimal martial arts training

If not maybe you need to look at the comment you made and apply it to OP of that thread and these claims that Bruce was not a top flight MA.

Which then begs the question, If he was not how can my (OP) 1st post be possible. Checkmate
9/28/13 9:06 AM
Lazer MMA

Here is some more from this clown shoe from another thread. I've PM'd Abe to get a thread we posted on in which he bashed Bruce real bad And Chuck too. I think it might have been deleted though.

hermanitor - Chuck Liddells assessment of Bruces ability, based on enter the dragon.... is no more accurate that Joe the Plumber's.

I Guess someone brought up Chuck and he assumed it was Liddell not Norris? Either way I'm sure the opinions of AS, Cain, Randy, and dozens of other fighters mean nothing too.

I guess the fact Bruce trained with champions who acknowledge his ability as a MA did so for no reason. I guess the author of the article on the 1st post is delusional as well.

Also the millions who were drawn to the MA's because of Bruce and continue to be inspired by the man had (have) no gauge of talent at all too! After all there were no other MA pictures made in China before Bruce and since Bruce the few that were made did every bit as good as Bruce's movies in Asia. It's not like fighting was important in their cultures!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.