UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> The UFC Has Released Yushin Okami..

9/27/13 6:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
586 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill -

If "brings it" is an automatic job in the UFC, Leonard Garcia would like his job in a shallow division back.

Featherweight isn't shallow lol. Phone Post
9/27/13 6:07 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
586 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FedorEmilioEstevez - The MW roster IS packed... with fighters not as good as Yushin Okami Phone Post 3.0
Dana White (@danawhite) tweeted at 6:00 PM on Wed, Sep 04, 2013:
Jacre is the REAL DEAL!!!!!!! Wow destroying Okami is a BIG DEAL!!!!

(https://twitter.com/danawhite/status/375423263922343936) Phone Post
9/27/13 6:08 PM
ChaosOverkill
733 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GWizz - I dont like the cut either. Im simply saying it really isnt THAT surprising is it?

And whoever said Kampman and Ellenburger should be cut before yushin are smokin crack. As a promoter, you know they have a higher probability to have an exciting fight than Okami. Although the juggernaut looked like sh!t against Rory. But they have a better upside than Okami does

According to stand and wangers they do, and Ellenberger has two lackluster performances in his last 3, by that logic he is not dependable for a war at all.

Kampann I DON'T THINK you cut but going by your on the rise logic, Kampmann has squandered all of his opportunities to contend and lost them, Dana says the roster is packed, how long do yo keep guys that get repeat opportunities to be the guy to challenge the belt and lose it? No matter how they fight, Leben is arguably going to be cut if he loses for this reason. Same with Barry and Chiek Kongo already has.

ChaosOverkill
733 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/27/13 6:08 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
ChaosOverkill -

If "brings it" is an automatic job in the UFC, Leonard Garcia would like his job in a shallow division back.

Isn't he at Bantam and I mean shallow as in not a TON of guys overall not the talent level.

GWizz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
ChaosOverkill -

True that. FW is my favorite division. Skill, speed, technique and power. Stacked with talent
9/27/13 6:09 PM
pradom
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Boo! Stupid decision Phone Post 3.0
BTT-RyannVonDoom

LOL He was boring as fuck but man, this is unjustified IMO outside of him not being marketable.

smth416
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chromium -
smth416 -  Seems like if you make a high purse and have a style some find boring you are in danger.

Jake Shields may be another potential cut with a loss. Phone Post

While I wouldn't cut Shields either with just one loss (maybe two depending on how they went down), Okami has never had a fight as ugly as Shields' "win" over Ed Herman, has never failed a drug test, and unlike Shields he's still a top 10 fighter.

Yeah this is really a shit cut by the ufc.

Zuffa continues to show very little remorse too. Fucking sucks. Phone Post
9/27/13 6:10 PM
ChaosOverkill

NM I thought he was at Bantamweight, and even, I mean't the actual number of fighters in the division not the talent level.

9/27/13 6:11 PM
steveAKAslick
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MHoudini - I dislike Yushin's style of fighting but what the fuck ?
^This, he's not my favorite fighter in the world to watch but WTF Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 6:13 PM
DarQueHero
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FedorEmilioEstevez - The MW roster IS packed... with fighters not as good as Yushin Okami Phone Post 3.0
This. Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 6:15 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

Chris27 -
PrettyBoy - I think UFC is going to have to make a lot of cut people don't like in the years to come. They are going to have to field a women's and 125ers. And eventually will need to have more than 10 people on their rosters. Phone Post 3.0

Cutting people is fine but cutting top guys or names that still have more left in the tank is the joke.

When a guy is done you can cut him, more and more TUF names or big names in teh div are eventually gonna get old and lose fights and get cut.  Guys like Leben or Kos, they will be cut at some point but it should be when they are completely done.

Okami isnt done at all and he isnt even making huge money.  This cut is just a joke.

It's pretty clear it's because his fights aren't exciting and they don't want that style to beat up guys they're building up like Belcher and Lombard. I don't understand why the UFC doesn't just say that. If the division is really just too packed with fighters there's a lot of guys you cut before Okami is even considered.

I don't want to hear anything about him being too expensive from the UFC though. They've now cut the two lowest paid fighters in their top 15 in career UFC wins. Phone Post
9/27/13 6:17 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

ChaosOverkill -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
ChaosOverkill -

Isn't he at Bantam and I mean shallow as in not a TON of guys overall not the talent level.

Oh okay. That might be true. It's certainly not as full as 155 or 170. Phone Post
9/27/13 6:18 PM
Chris27

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
Chris27 -
PrettyBoy - I think UFC is going to have to make a lot of cut people don't like in the years to come. They are going to have to field a women's and 125ers. And eventually will need to have more than 10 people on their rosters. Phone Post 3.0

Cutting people is fine but cutting top guys or names that still have more left in the tank is the joke.

When a guy is done you can cut him, more and more TUF names or big names in teh div are eventually gonna get old and lose fights and get cut.  Guys like Leben or Kos, they will be cut at some point but it should be when they are completely done.

Okami isnt done at all and he isnt even making huge money.  This cut is just a joke.

It's pretty clear it's because his fights aren't exciting and they don't want that style to beat up guys they're building up like Belcher and Lombard. I don't understand why the UFC doesn't just say that. If the division is really just too packed with fighters there's a lot of guys you cut before Okami is even considered.

I don't want to hear anything about him being too expensive from the UFC though. They've now cut the two lowest paid fighters in their top 15 in career UFC wins. Phone Post

Then match him with someone like Carmont.  UFC isnt high on him and if he beats him then you can try and build Okami back up.

If Okami cant beat Carmont then cutting Okami becoms more legit.  They have fighters they can match Okami with that doesnt risk any promising title contenders. 

No way around it, this cut is a joke on all levels. 

9/27/13 6:18 PM
ChaosOverkill

SO the rules as the are:

Be exciting but win once in a while (Garcia)

If you grapple mostly and "Lnp" Don't lose once at MW (Okami)

Don't cost us more than 70,000 at WW even though you're getting better at your style (Fitch)

If you're LNP'd by a guy admitting it a HW after going 2-1 with vicious KO's cut (Johnson)

DOn't get KO'd by Roy Nelson after a win (Kongo) 

Which ones am I missing?

9/27/13 6:19 PM
Larry Appleton
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

they don't like "boring" guys who beat "exciting" guys...if he had a Red Mohawk, tattoos and spoke 'Murican it might have helped him be "marketable" Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 6:20 PM
Chris27

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
ChaosOverkill -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
ChaosOverkill -

Oh okay. That might be true. It's certainly not as full as 155 or 170. Phone Post

FW isnt shallow, Garcia was a FW in the UFC and is still a FW right now in Legacy.  he is fighting in Dec for the Legacy FW title.

9/27/13 6:22 PM
ChaosOverkill

Chris27 - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
ChaosOverkill -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
ChaosOverkill -

FW isnt shallow, Garcia was a FW in the UFC and is still a FW right now in Legacy.  he is fighting in Dec for the Legacy FW title.

Yeah I went over this a few posts up I mean the roster size not the talent level wrong word choice

9/27/13 6:26 PM
AbbeyRoadMe
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very sad. I know the criticisms , but I was always a fan of Okami. He's a very good fighter and perennial contender.

I hope we see Yushin sign with a WSOF or Bellator soon. He'd most likely be a champion in any other organization. Best of luck to him. Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 6:28 PM
Larry Appleton
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

any CindyO damage control yet? where's those Public Relations people when ya need em? these kinds of threads help you discover the paid Zuffa shills who post under "plain clothes" names like "GSPWrestlingGuy" lol Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 6:47 PM
DamnSevern
1209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

absolute bullshit

9/27/13 6:51 PM
Jacinto
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What a fuckin joke! The UFC kept Leonard Garcia around for 5 straight losses just because he smiles and grunts real hard when he swings in fights and then they let Okami go.
9/27/13 7:03 PM
JCON
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How much was he getting paid? Maybe he wasn't a big enough of a draw for what his contract was Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 7:06 PM
Thacommish
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JCON - How much was he getting paid? Maybe he wasn't a big enough of a draw for what his contract was Phone Post 3.0

Less than lombard. that guy he beat. lets not pretend like ufc is struggling to pay fighters salaries here, maybe they are struggling to pay danas salary, but not yushins.
9/27/13 7:10 PM
youarewhatiswrong
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Unless Okami requested this because he wanted to fight in Asia, this is just fucking retarded. Might be the final straw for my patronage of the UFC ('06 original join date).

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.