UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> The UFC Has Released Yushin Okami..

9/27/13 6:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AbbeyRoadMe
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very sad. I know the criticisms , but I was always a fan of Okami. He's a very good fighter and perennial contender.

I hope we see Yushin sign with a WSOF or Bellator soon. He'd most likely be a champion in any other organization. Best of luck to him. Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 6:28 PM
Larry Appleton
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

any CindyO damage control yet? where's those Public Relations people when ya need em? these kinds of threads help you discover the paid Zuffa shills who post under "plain clothes" names like "GSPWrestlingGuy" lol Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 6:47 PM
DamnSevern
1192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

absolute bullshit

9/27/13 6:51 PM
Jacinto
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What a fuckin joke! The UFC kept Leonard Garcia around for 5 straight losses just because he smiles and grunts real hard when he swings in fights and then they let Okami go.
9/27/13 7:03 PM
JCON
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How much was he getting paid? Maybe he wasn't a big enough of a draw for what his contract was Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 7:06 PM
Thacommish
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JCON - How much was he getting paid? Maybe he wasn't a big enough of a draw for what his contract was Phone Post 3.0

Less than lombard. that guy he beat. lets not pretend like ufc is struggling to pay fighters salaries here, maybe they are struggling to pay danas salary, but not yushins.
9/27/13 7:10 PM
youarewhatiswrong
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Unless Okami requested this because he wanted to fight in Asia, this is just fucking retarded. Might be the final straw for my patronage of the UFC ('06 original join date).
goeb
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jacinto - What a fuckin joke! The UFC kept Leonard Garcia around for 5 straight losses just because he smiles and grunts real hard when he swings in fights and then they let Okami go.

us hardcore fans need to accept that mainstream fans drive the revenue, we will watch whatever the UFC distributes to us. Casual fans are not fond of Okami's style, in fact most of them don't know who Okami is.

While he is a great gatekeeper to the title his absence won't harm the UFC much as he's on the decline in his career and will never contend again.

We also need to accept that this is business is mainly base don entertainment, its not a pure sport. Hate to be crass but its true.
D v
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Okami is a top middleweight top 5 probably top 10 definitely Phone Post
9/27/13 7:11 PM
Attila
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sucks, but more talent for Bellator.
9/27/13 7:11 PM
Team GDP
402 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

just dumb

9/27/13 7:13 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hinrik - do you want to call this a sport or what!!?

the fitch and volkmann cuts already showed that the ufc is a fucking joke. i might actually stop following this shit(ufc and mma in general), it makes me sick
I don't really understand how cutting Okami means that MMA isn't a sport. Phone Post
9/27/13 7:15 PM
2Fort
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They cut him because he isn't that big of a draw, doesn't speak english well (or at all), and doesn't have a style that appeals to the masses. I think it's complete bullshit, Okami can give anyone in that division the fight of their lives on any given night, but unfortunately the UFC isn't just about pure talent anymore. It's about entertainment and who can draw what. Fucking silly...
9/27/13 7:15 PM
Giventofly99
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So anyone not be fed by Dana right now is talking about what a crook he is.

Fighter pay is fine...but I wont tell you what I pay anyone.
Fighters should stand and bang...lets not talk about what head trauma does to athletes later in life.
UFC is sport...but well cut anyone that doesn't fight like a rockem sockem robot.
Oh and if your tight on roster spots, maybe cut Cody McKenzie or any of the other WWE jobbers you keep around to keep your main event talents looking sharp.

Man I hope Bellator gets a decent product so we can stop watchin this schill. Uncle Fester lookin lying cheat...
9/27/13 7:16 PM
flonman
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agree a cut isn't warranted here, really like the guy, but when I'm deciding whether or not to shell out $70 on a PPV his name does not make me reach for my wallet.
9/27/13 7:18 PM
Thacommish
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

the fitch and volkmann cuts already showed that the ufc is a fucking joke. i might actually stop following this shit(ufc and mma in general), it makes me sick
I don't really understand how cutting Okami means that MMA isn't a sport. Phone Post

It shows the sport is more interested in being about entertainment rather than being a legitimate sport. Imagine if alex smith got cut for being boring. Similar shit.
9/27/13 7:26 PM
Davy

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -

They make it more about making money rather than having the best athletes out there. Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 7:31 PM
SlickPacific

Chromium - 

I was just thinking how the UFC hadn't done anything mindblowingly stupid lately.

Nah, they gave 200,000 to the Nevada gay an lesbian center a little while ago.
9/27/13 7:33 PM
Thacommish

SlickPacific - 
Chromium - 

I was just thinking how the UFC hadn't done anything mindblowingly stupid lately.

Nah, they gave 200,000 to the Nevada gay an lesbian center a little while ago.

That was an investment, soon the gays and lesbians will be a key demographic for the ufc and it will grow the sport to new heights! People will not even talk about tuf and the boom of new fans that followed anymore, it will be the sparkle boom, and they will make our sport fabulous.
9/27/13 7:34 PM
ChaosOverkill
570 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Even though I like Mac Danzig, LW is the most "Packed" Division and his record in the UFC is 5-7 at this point with two losses in a row.

Cutting Okami before this guy is retarded no matter how he fights, LW is a snake pit of killers.

9/27/13 7:36 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thacommish -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

It shows the sport is more interested in being about entertainment rather than being a legitimate sport. Imagine if alex smith got cut for being boring. Similar shit.
You don't think certain athletes in other sports get drafted, signed, traded or are let go because of how well they can sell tickets? Why did the NFL and NBA changed their rules in the last 10 years to help offenses? Why is the NCAA basketball tournament or the NFL wanting to add more games?

Sports are entertainment and money driven. Phone Post
9/27/13 7:38 PM
Thacommish

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
Thacommish -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

You don't think certain athletes in other sports get drafted, signed, traded or are let go because of how well they can sell tickets? Why did the NFL and NBA changed their rules in the last 10 years to help offenses? Why is the NCAA basketball tournament or the NFL wanting to add more games?

Sports are entertainment and money driven. Phone Post

Yeah thats why tebow replaced alex smith, oh wait. They have integrity.
9/27/13 7:38 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

Davy -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -

They make it more about making money rather than having the best athletes out there. Phone Post 3.0
I agree it's stupid that the UFC cut Okami but all any sport is about is making money. It sucks but it's just the truth. Other sports organizations are fooling you if you don't think they just want to make money. Phone Post
9/27/13 7:39 PM
Heikki Mustola
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Still baffles me...
9/27/13 7:42 PM
Thacommish

when was the last time a superbowl or world series contender was put aside to allow the more marketable yankees to step in because it would generate more views? say what you want about refs being bought out and shit but just imagine if last years nba finals spurs were not allowed to play the heat because they werent an "exciting team" and instead they let the lakers take the place of them because it would sell more tickets. What you are talking about "adding more games" to the season thats apples and oranges compared to how real sports operate and how the ufc operates.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.