UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> The UFC Has Released Yushin Okami..

9/27/13 6:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
515 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 -
PrettyBoy - I think UFC is going to have to make a lot of cut people don't like in the years to come. They are going to have to field a women's and 125ers. And eventually will need to have more than 10 people on their rosters. Phone Post 3.0

Cutting people is fine but cutting top guys or names that still have more left in the tank is the joke.

When a guy is done you can cut him, more and more TUF names or big names in teh div are eventually gonna get old and lose fights and get cut.  Guys like Leben or Kos, they will be cut at some point but it should be when they are completely done.

Okami isnt done at all and he isnt even making huge money.  This cut is just a joke.

It's pretty clear it's because his fights aren't exciting and they don't want that style to beat up guys they're building up like Belcher and Lombard. I don't understand why the UFC doesn't just say that. If the division is really just too packed with fighters there's a lot of guys you cut before Okami is even considered.

I don't want to hear anything about him being too expensive from the UFC though. They've now cut the two lowest paid fighters in their top 15 in career UFC wins. Phone Post
9/27/13 6:17 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
515 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
ChaosOverkill -

If "brings it" is an automatic job in the UFC, Leonard Garcia would like his job in a shallow division back.

Featherweight isn't shallow lol. Phone Post

Isn't he at Bantam and I mean shallow as in not a TON of guys overall not the talent level.

Oh okay. That might be true. It's certainly not as full as 155 or 170. Phone Post
9/27/13 6:18 PM
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
Chris27 -
PrettyBoy - I think UFC is going to have to make a lot of cut people don't like in the years to come. They are going to have to field a women's and 125ers. And eventually will need to have more than 10 people on their rosters. Phone Post 3.0

Cutting people is fine but cutting top guys or names that still have more left in the tank is the joke.

When a guy is done you can cut him, more and more TUF names or big names in teh div are eventually gonna get old and lose fights and get cut.  Guys like Leben or Kos, they will be cut at some point but it should be when they are completely done.

Okami isnt done at all and he isnt even making huge money.  This cut is just a joke.

It's pretty clear it's because his fights aren't exciting and they don't want that style to beat up guys they're building up like Belcher and Lombard. I don't understand why the UFC doesn't just say that. If the division is really just too packed with fighters there's a lot of guys you cut before Okami is even considered.

I don't want to hear anything about him being too expensive from the UFC though. They've now cut the two lowest paid fighters in their top 15 in career UFC wins. Phone Post

Then match him with someone like Carmont.  UFC isnt high on him and if he beats him then you can try and build Okami back up.

If Okami cant beat Carmont then cutting Okami becoms more legit.  They have fighters they can match Okami with that doesnt risk any promising title contenders. 

No way around it, this cut is a joke on all levels. 

9/27/13 6:18 PM
ChaosOverkill
375 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SO the rules as the are:

Be exciting but win once in a while (Garcia)

If you grapple mostly and "Lnp" Don't lose once at MW (Okami)

Don't cost us more than 70,000 at WW even though you're getting better at your style (Fitch)

If you're LNP'd by a guy admitting it a HW after going 2-1 with vicious KO's cut (Johnson)

DOn't get KO'd by Roy Nelson after a win (Kongo) 

Which ones am I missing?

9/27/13 6:19 PM
Larry Appleton

they don't like "boring" guys who beat "exciting" guys...if he had a Red Mohawk, tattoos and spoke 'Murican it might have helped him be "marketable" Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 6:20 PM
Chris27

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
ChaosOverkill -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
ChaosOverkill -

If "brings it" is an automatic job in the UFC, Leonard Garcia would like his job in a shallow division back.

Isn't he at Bantam and I mean shallow as in not a TON of guys overall not the talent level.

Oh okay. That might be true. It's certainly not as full as 155 or 170. Phone Post

FW isnt shallow, Garcia was a FW in the UFC and is still a FW right now in Legacy.  he is fighting in Dec for the Legacy FW title.

9/27/13 6:22 PM
ChaosOverkill
375 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
ChaosOverkill -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
ChaosOverkill -

FW isnt shallow, Garcia was a FW in the UFC and is still a FW right now in Legacy.  he is fighting in Dec for the Legacy FW title.

Yeah I went over this a few posts up I mean the roster size not the talent level wrong word choice

9/27/13 6:24 PM
Media Monster
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not that surprised. They want finishers Phone Post
9/27/13 6:26 PM
AbbeyRoadMe
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very sad. I know the criticisms , but I was always a fan of Okami. He's a very good fighter and perennial contender.

I hope we see Yushin sign with a WSOF or Bellator soon. He'd most likely be a champion in any other organization. Best of luck to him. Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 6:28 PM
Larry Appleton

any CindyO damage control yet? where's those Public Relations people when ya need em? these kinds of threads help you discover the paid Zuffa shills who post under "plain clothes" names like "GSPWrestlingGuy" lol Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 6:47 PM
DamnSevern
1185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

absolute bullshit

9/27/13 6:51 PM
Jacinto

What a fuckin joke! The UFC kept Leonard Garcia around for 5 straight losses just because he smiles and grunts real hard when he swings in fights and then they let Okami go.
9/27/13 7:03 PM
JCON
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How much was he getting paid? Maybe he wasn't a big enough of a draw for what his contract was Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 7:06 PM
Thacommish
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JCON - How much was he getting paid? Maybe he wasn't a big enough of a draw for what his contract was Phone Post 3.0

Less than lombard. that guy he beat. lets not pretend like ufc is struggling to pay fighters salaries here, maybe they are struggling to pay danas salary, but not yushins.
9/27/13 7:10 PM
youarewhatiswrong
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Unless Okami requested this because he wanted to fight in Asia, this is just fucking retarded. Might be the final straw for my patronage of the UFC ('06 original join date).
goeb
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jacinto - What a fuckin joke! The UFC kept Leonard Garcia around for 5 straight losses just because he smiles and grunts real hard when he swings in fights and then they let Okami go.

us hardcore fans need to accept that mainstream fans drive the revenue, we will watch whatever the UFC distributes to us. Casual fans are not fond of Okami's style, in fact most of them don't know who Okami is.

While he is a great gatekeeper to the title his absence won't harm the UFC much as he's on the decline in his career and will never contend again.

We also need to accept that this is business is mainly base don entertainment, its not a pure sport. Hate to be crass but its true.
D v
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Okami is a top middleweight top 5 probably top 10 definitely Phone Post
9/27/13 7:11 PM
Attila
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sucks, but more talent for Bellator.
9/27/13 7:11 PM
Team GDP
310 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

just dumb

9/27/13 7:13 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive

hinrik - do you want to call this a sport or what!!?

the fitch and volkmann cuts already showed that the ufc is a fucking joke. i might actually stop following this shit(ufc and mma in general), it makes me sick
I don't really understand how cutting Okami means that MMA isn't a sport. Phone Post
9/27/13 7:15 PM
2Fort
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They cut him because he isn't that big of a draw, doesn't speak english well (or at all), and doesn't have a style that appeals to the masses. I think it's complete bullshit, Okami can give anyone in that division the fight of their lives on any given night, but unfortunately the UFC isn't just about pure talent anymore. It's about entertainment and who can draw what. Fucking silly...
9/27/13 7:15 PM
Giventofly99

So anyone not be fed by Dana right now is talking about what a crook he is.

Fighter pay is fine...but I wont tell you what I pay anyone.
Fighters should stand and bang...lets not talk about what head trauma does to athletes later in life.
UFC is sport...but well cut anyone that doesn't fight like a rockem sockem robot.
Oh and if your tight on roster spots, maybe cut Cody McKenzie or any of the other WWE jobbers you keep around to keep your main event talents looking sharp.

Man I hope Bellator gets a decent product so we can stop watchin this schill. Uncle Fester lookin lying cheat...
9/27/13 7:16 PM
flonman
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agree a cut isn't warranted here, really like the guy, but when I'm deciding whether or not to shell out $70 on a PPV his name does not make me reach for my wallet.
9/27/13 7:18 PM
Thacommish

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

the fitch and volkmann cuts already showed that the ufc is a fucking joke. i might actually stop following this shit(ufc and mma in general), it makes me sick
I don't really understand how cutting Okami means that MMA isn't a sport. Phone Post

It shows the sport is more interested in being about entertainment rather than being a legitimate sport. Imagine if alex smith got cut for being boring. Similar shit.
9/27/13 7:26 PM
Davy

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -

They make it more about making money rather than having the best athletes out there. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.