UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> The UFC Has Released Yushin Okami..

9/27/13 7:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Wicked smahtMF
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

whoa
9/27/13 7:45 PM
MattyJ
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, someone's who's only defeat in 4 fights Is against Jacare does not deserve to be cut Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 7:48 PM
The Fella
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yushin Thunder Okami!!!!

Great Warrior!

What a shit move by the UFC brass!

9/27/13 7:48 PM
t G G t
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sports entertainment Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 7:49 PM
ChaosOverkill
519 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Deeeerrr u wanna b a ferkin feyetuurrrr?

9/27/13 7:51 PM
Kevin bacon

This fucking organization is turning everything we loved about martial arts, NHB and vale tudo into shit. This is something else... Just another money machine.
9/27/13 7:52 PM
Korpiklaani

thats fucked up
9/27/13 7:53 PM
BrunoMcGyver
247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

9/27/13 7:55 PM
BrunoMcGyver
247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hopefully he gets picked up by One FC and put against someone like Melvin Manhoef or even Mizuno.

9/27/13 7:56 PM
Choochy
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

t G G t - Sports entertainment Phone Post 3.0
Getting there slowly. Phone Post
9/27/13 7:58 PM
Caffiend
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't get that move at all. I'm legit sad, haha. This sucks.

9/27/13 8:02 PM
BshMstr
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

zebers3 - 

I understood the Fitch release, he won 1 fight in three years and people have always hated his style. Then when released he got put to sleep in like 40 seconds, so that made it seem even more justified.

But Okami was just riding a decent win streak, beating Belcher and Lombard, and lost to a future title challenger. This is horseshit. Really wanna hear the explanation on this one. He wasn't even THAT expensive, he wasn't even making 100k WITH his win bonus. Fitch was making around 120+ with his wins so again, he was pretty expensive for what he was bringing to the table.

well, i still think the Fitch cut was stupid... he was ranked #10 at the time... but he was in quite a slump, so i don't think it was far off.

Okami's cut is absolutely idiotic... the claim that the roster is full is obviously BS, as people have complained for years that the MW division is the weakest...

how an organization cuts a ranked fighter is beyond me.....
9/27/13 8:03 PM
xsrg95
278 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WHAT THE FUCK! who ever made that decision should be fired

9/27/13 8:04 PM
NatualBornTickler
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Said the roster is packed, what a joke when Uriah hall is middleweight and has even worse performances yet gets gimme fights and put on one of the biggest cards out. Bad move Dana hope you are lashed heavily about this. Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 8:07 PM
Darup

Has there been an explanation yet? This is bullshit Phone Post
9/27/13 8:07 PM
snookerbank
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BW92 - Sucks but he's expensive and consistently either puts on bad fights on main cards or loses to the other top guys. We should have expected it more tbh Phone Post
You should be banned for making an informed thoughtful post.........faggot Phone Post
9/27/13 8:09 PM
Mertvaya Ruka
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it is truly saddening to see this happen.

Dana owe us a proper explanation, this is wrong on so many levels.

There were good arguments to let Fitch go, Okami, not so much.
9/27/13 8:10 PM
Trombles
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wrong move Mr White imho Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 8:12 PM
Jack Skellington
772 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joke
9/27/13 8:12 PM
The Fella
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/27/13 8:12 PM

Man......I've followed the UFC since UFC 1.

After UFC 9 I was bored to death and didnt watch again till Royce came back to fight Hughes ......

I've watched every PPV the UFC has put out since Royce Vs. Hughes (I thought for sure Royce would pull a submission outta his ass like he did in the early days) ........but Damn!

These guys have changed and lost their ways ........................

I think it's finally time to stop watching the UFC.

*Best of Luck to you Mr.Okami! You showed great heart and that Bushido Warrior Spirit!

WAR YUSHIN THUNDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9/27/13 8:15 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thacommish -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
Thacommish -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
hinrik - do you want to call this a sport or what!!?

the fitch and volkmann cuts already showed that the ufc is a fucking joke. i might actually stop following this shit(ufc and mma in general), it makes me sick
I don't really understand how cutting Okami means that MMA isn't a sport. Phone Post

It shows the sport is more interested in being about entertainment rather than being a legitimate sport. Imagine if alex smith got cut for being boring. Similar shit.
You don't think certain athletes in other sports get drafted, signed, traded or are let go because of how well they can sell tickets? Why did the NFL and NBA changed their rules in the last 10 years to help offenses? Why is the NCAA basketball tournament or the NFL wanting to add more games?

Sports are entertainment and money driven. Phone Post

Yeah thats why tebow replaced alex smith, oh wait. They have integrity.
It takes a lot of integrity to decide to contend for a Superbowl instead of getting the top pick in the draft next year. Generally teams that are better make more money.

But there are also plenty of owners who are content to not spend any money and continue to be very mediocre. Remember when the Suns were really good with the 6 seconds or less offense? They let Joe Johnson leave and got rid of Luol Deng, Rudy Fernandez and Rajon Rondo because the owner decided he would rather save his money than have the best team.

I know it sucks and the UFC is no exception and I hate that Okami and Fitch got cut. But it in no way means MMA isn't a sport. Phone Post
9/27/13 8:15 PM
BJ Penn Forever
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shaqitup - 

What a bunch of scumbags.

3-1 in his last 4 and a former title contender.

Is this a sport or a fucking circus?

Not even an Okami fan here but this is pathetic.
9/27/13 8:17 PM
The Fella

Made this back in 08 -- http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/yushin-thunder-okami-881389/

9/27/13 8:20 PM
KZTT_FawkingxD
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GAY Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 8:22 PM
AssassinsNATION
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't agree with it. Fact is half the people that complain of boring fights wouldn't begin to understand what it's like to trane let alone get in the cage against top athletes in MMA.
Any man that can step in there and go thru the abuse of fighting the top tier fighters of the world for 15 min win or loose, and loose decisions that could go either way (not bashing the UFC more directed at the judges) with a plus record should reserve a spot on the UFC roster. The man may not of finished all his fights or finish his competition in the allotted rounds but he must of done something far better than many you are keeping on the UFC roster that he is leaving with a positive record.

Okami doesn't strike me as the kind of athlete the UFC would ever have to worry about disrespecting the company and truly does seem like he takes his job as an athlete and representative of the UFC seriously.

I think what Dana has to figure out is why would he really cut him? All the way around it seems like a poor business move to cut a top #6 athlete in your orginization. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.