UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> The UFC Has Released Yushin Okami..

9/27/13 8:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_THE Kevin Chandler
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alright, I'm anticipating downvotes but I feel like I need to add some clarity.

First off, to everyone shouting the "he's 3-1 in his last four!!!".  True, but he's also 3-3 in his last six.  And yes, I know one was to Andy, but one was also to Boetsch who's currently on a 2 fight loosing streak (regardless that Okami was dominating before getting KO'd)

Secondly, to the whole "do they want to be taken seriously as a sport", the UFC is a sport, but it is also a sport who's main source of revenue is due to PPV buys.  I wonder if him spoiling Lombard made him look better or worse in the eyes of the UFC, but he has a habit of not only being in boring fights, but making exciting fighters fight boring fights.  Unfortunately, that's the only way he wins.  Otherwise, he gets caught and KTFO (in the past 3 years).

Do I respect the shit out of Yushin Okami and his skills?  Abso-fucking-lutely.  Do I think he should have been cut?  Actually no.  But that doesn't mean I'm upset that I'm not going to have to pay to watch him fight anymore (Bellator and WSOF).

9/27/13 8:24 PM
EckY
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Worst cut UFC have ever made!
9/27/13 8:26 PM
JStrongMMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope he signs with Bellator and destroys the division. Hopefully bringing some of the Japanese audience to the product in the process. Phone Post
9/27/13 8:34 PM
TheTruthIsImaVERAfiedBitch
527 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vikingknee - Everyone cries but how do you know he wasn't to blame at all for this. Maybe UFC wanted to renegotiate his contract and he said no? I'm not saying the UFC isn't wrong but lots goes on behind the scenes Phone Post 3.0
Good point.. Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 8:34 PM
mje364
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Incredible... I'm not even a okami fan, but he deserves to fight in the ufc. What a unwarranted cut. Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 8:38 PM
BJ Penn Forever
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I LOVE the UFC and AM NOT a big fan of Okami but this is fucking pathetic!
9/27/13 8:44 PM
The Fella
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I remember when UFC was trying to build up Kalib Starnes and Mike Swick .....they kept feeding Okami to them....thinking Okami would get beat ......well he didnt ....

So then at UFC 92  they tossed Okami who at the time was on a sick winning streak on the undercard after Main Eventing two events in a row.

*note - thats off the top of my head/memory ...someone feel free to look up the stats and correct any errors.

9/27/13 8:46 PM
IBProfane
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Complete horseshit. Phone Post
9/27/13 8:54 PM
whitfield1234
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What a joke Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 9:01 PM
Vote me down

All about the money. "we need people who dont give a fuck! who just wanna run in and get knocked the fuck out! fuck skill! THIS IS UFC" - Dana White 2015
9/27/13 9:02 PM
Periodik

What a bullshit excuse. WAR OKAMI!!!! Phone Post
9/27/13 9:05 PM
DanTheWolfman

Give him a Last Chance fight vs Kennedy
9/27/13 9:06 PM
Synado
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think that cutting the only fighter that makes Japan care about the UFC was a terrible mistake. The reason Yushin was cut is they probably don't want to pay him what he is worth. He also has had a habit of KOing people that the UFC was trying to build hype behind.

9/27/13 9:07 PM
Thacommish
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
Thacommish -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
Thacommish -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
hinrik - do you want to call this a sport or what!!?

the fitch and volkmann cuts already showed that the ufc is a fucking joke. i might actually stop following this shit(ufc and mma in general), it makes me sick
I don't really understand how cutting Okami means that MMA isn't a sport. Phone Post

It shows the sport is more interested in being about entertainment rather than being a legitimate sport. Imagine if alex smith got cut for being boring. Similar shit.
You don't think certain athletes in other sports get drafted, signed, traded or are let go because of how well they can sell tickets? Why did the NFL and NBA changed their rules in the last 10 years to help offenses? Why is the NCAA basketball tournament or the NFL wanting to add more games?

Sports are entertainment and money driven. Phone Post

Yeah thats why tebow replaced alex smith, oh wait. They have integrity.
It takes a lot of integrity to decide to contend for a Superbowl instead of getting the top pick in the draft next year. Generally teams that are better make more money.

But there are also plenty of owners who are content to not spend any money and continue to be very mediocre. Remember when the Suns were really good with the 6 seconds or less offense? They let Joe Johnson leave and got rid of Luol Deng, Rudy Fernandez and Rajon Rondo because the owner decided he would rather save his money than have the best team.

I know it sucks and the UFC is no exception and I hate that Okami and Fitch got cut. But it in no way means MMA isn't a sport. Phone Post

The players you mention got traded to other teams within the league. You arent adressing my point at all if you were youd realize how different the situations are. Its why i brought up tebow, just because he sells jerseys doesnt mean that Jacksonville will take him over a more competent quarterback because of that.
9/27/13 9:14 PM
MdGeist

Hey Dana... You done fucked up with the JMMA fan base.

Consider yourself a retard/bad business-man. Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 9:16 PM
Suppa24

Okay I agree 100% that he should not be cut... But did any of u really give a shit when he fought ... Not saying he's not an excellent fighter with awesome skills but I ain't never seen so okami threads now you all wanna cry about it... The fuck... Non of u know stew like I do , not u, not u .. None u know stu like I do Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 9:18 PM
Thacommish
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i also bring up the integrity of the structure of how games are played and what it means to win and lose and make it to the pinnacle of each respective sport, and its not based on how exciting it was, in any of those leagues. Its just not comparable how different this is.
9/27/13 9:19 PM
The Fella
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

abi - dfw jr. to this whole thread: (fuckin goofs) Phone Post 3.0

*MMA Community as a Whole to dfw jr: " You dun fuckin goofed!"

9/27/13 9:34 PM
Mr Sizzzz
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nothing can be done but Will Chael stick up for his buddy or tow the company as per usual? Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 9:37 PM
3rdLion
235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's a business decision and they can do whatever the fuck they want, stop crying. Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 9:42 PM
pradom
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3rdLion - It's a business decision and they can do whatever the fuck they want, stop crying. Phone Post 3.0
Just because we care about the job of a top ten fighter does not mean we're crying. Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 9:44 PM
rezzz
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3rdLion - It's a business decision and they can do whatever the fuck they want, stop crying. Phone Post 3.0
And what kinda business decision would that be?? Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 9:47 PM
beerbelly
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for "Okami was #6 but we cut him so now he's really #97 and wasn't that good anyway"-dfwjr Phone Post
9/27/13 9:49 PM
MursSkullForBarnettsThrone
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fucking ridiculous Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 9:54 PM
Lite
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What BS. It's this that makes the UFC look more like "sports entertainment" than sport. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.