UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> The UFC Has Released Yushin Okami..

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

9/27/13 9:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Thacommish
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
Thacommish -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
Thacommish -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
hinrik - do you want to call this a sport or what!!?

the fitch and volkmann cuts already showed that the ufc is a fucking joke. i might actually stop following this shit(ufc and mma in general), it makes me sick
I don't really understand how cutting Okami means that MMA isn't a sport. Phone Post

It shows the sport is more interested in being about entertainment rather than being a legitimate sport. Imagine if alex smith got cut for being boring. Similar shit.
You don't think certain athletes in other sports get drafted, signed, traded or are let go because of how well they can sell tickets? Why did the NFL and NBA changed their rules in the last 10 years to help offenses? Why is the NCAA basketball tournament or the NFL wanting to add more games?

Sports are entertainment and money driven. Phone Post

Yeah thats why tebow replaced alex smith, oh wait. They have integrity.
It takes a lot of integrity to decide to contend for a Superbowl instead of getting the top pick in the draft next year. Generally teams that are better make more money.

But there are also plenty of owners who are content to not spend any money and continue to be very mediocre. Remember when the Suns were really good with the 6 seconds or less offense? They let Joe Johnson leave and got rid of Luol Deng, Rudy Fernandez and Rajon Rondo because the owner decided he would rather save his money than have the best team.

I know it sucks and the UFC is no exception and I hate that Okami and Fitch got cut. But it in no way means MMA isn't a sport. Phone Post

The players you mention got traded to other teams within the league. You arent adressing my point at all if you were youd realize how different the situations are. Its why i brought up tebow, just because he sells jerseys doesnt mean that Jacksonville will take him over a more competent quarterback because of that.
9/27/13 9:14 PM
MdGeist
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey Dana... You done fucked up with the JMMA fan base.

Consider yourself a retard/bad business-man. Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 9:16 PM
Suppa24
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Okay I agree 100% that he should not be cut... But did any of u really give a shit when he fought ... Not saying he's not an excellent fighter with awesome skills but I ain't never seen so okami threads now you all wanna cry about it... The fuck... Non of u know stew like I do , not u, not u .. None u know stu like I do Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 9:18 PM
Thacommish
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i also bring up the integrity of the structure of how games are played and what it means to win and lose and make it to the pinnacle of each respective sport, and its not based on how exciting it was, in any of those leagues. Its just not comparable how different this is.
9/27/13 9:34 PM
Mr Sizzzz
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nothing can be done but Will Chael stick up for his buddy or tow the company as per usual? Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 9:37 PM
3rdLion
235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's a business decision and they can do whatever the fuck they want, stop crying. Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 9:42 PM
pradom
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3rdLion - It's a business decision and they can do whatever the fuck they want, stop crying. Phone Post 3.0
Just because we care about the job of a top ten fighter does not mean we're crying. Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 9:44 PM
rezzz
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3rdLion - It's a business decision and they can do whatever the fuck they want, stop crying. Phone Post 3.0
And what kinda business decision would that be?? Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 9:47 PM
beerbelly
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for "Okami was #6 but we cut him so now he's really #97 and wasn't that good anyway"-dfwjr Phone Post
9/27/13 9:49 PM
MursSkullForBarnettsThrone
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fucking ridiculous Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 9:54 PM
Lite
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What BS. It's this that makes the UFC look more like "sports entertainment" than sport. Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 10:09 PM
youarewhatiswrong
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3rdLion - It's a business decision and they can do whatever the fuck they want, stop crying. Phone Post 3.0

How the fuck do you have so many vote ups?
9/27/13 10:13 PM
Swooper
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm sure he's a draw card in Japan, there has to be more to it. Don't like he's fighting style but he's earnt his spot on the roster. Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 10:26 PM
Dreville79

Ridiculous decision to cut him, but I won't miss him. Gotta be the fighter I least look forward to watching. Never goes for the knockout, just grinds out boring decision after boring decision. Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 10:29 PM
MdGeist

MdGeist - Hey Dana... You done fucked up with the JMMA fan base.

Consider yourself a retard/bad business-man. Phone Post 3.0
Just wanted throw in: Dana is a fucking retard for isolating the JMMA community.

So just wanted to make it perfectly clear: Dana White is a fucking retard. You'll never get a PPV buy outa me. Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 10:30 PM
GROUNDnLB
721 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bullshit decision. Not a fan of his fighting style at all, but he did not deserve to be cut. Would like to see if it was contract talks, or why.

Bellator will not pick up Thunder. He would wrestlefuck Alexander S. They already have issues with Askren at WW. And as another poster said, if he signs with Bellator, that is crossing the rubicon and he won't be back in the UFC. Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 10:30 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

MD dude.. edit your shit.. I want you around this forum. Add in your SN is fucking awesome. 

9/27/13 10:33 PM
deadlysyn

It's was probably a money thing and not to mention okami's hasn't evolved with the sport his striking looks bad and should be a lot better considering how long he's been fighting and the level of fighting he's at. I feel bad for the guy but at the end of the day it's business plain and simple. Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 10:41 PM
UGCTT_Pariah

Shows how quick the UFC will turn their backs on a fighter. Leading up to his fight with Silva, Dana talked through the entire promo about how he thought Okami was the top fighter to ever come out of Japan.

It's sickening. Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 10:46 PM
MdGeist

BTT-RyannVonDoom -

MD dude.. edit your shit.. I want you around this forum. Add in your SN is fucking awesome. 

Can't edit from iPhone so what is said will be said.

So fuck the guy that was behind the decision to cut Okami. This unnamed individual is a fucking retard. Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 10:48 PM
ima zombie
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe UFC is doing this to see how other fighters in different orgs deal with okami, if they win, UFC should pick them up. Doesn't help that his style isn't the most exciting too. Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 10:50 PM
JamesTheWelshDR
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

:( Phone Post
9/27/13 10:57 PM
tylerstodghill

Guys, Yushin is on the down side of his career. He'll go to Bellator or WSOF, he'll do great there.
And before you even ask: No, he won't get choked unconscious by Josh Burkman. No worries. Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 10:57 PM
GaryColeman
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow... And people wonder don't see MMA as a legitimate sport. No reputable organization would fire a guy ranked in the top 10 of his division because their roster is "stacked". If it's stacked why not start by cutting people at the bottom of the rankings... oh that's right because the UFC are a bunch of selfish, penny-grabbing assholes!!! So mad right now. I hope the company goes bankrupt. Phone Post 3.0
9/27/13 11:00 PM
JStrongMMA
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AlexinTO - "When you're a gatekeeper who could derail other prospective challengers but won't ever challenge for a title yourself, your time in the UFC may not be long these days. "

And this is a major reason why it is not a real sport!
When less than 5 people. An decide your career based onL PPV sales it will be a fringe sport a best. Phone Post 3.0
It already is a fringe sport but I agree it will stay that way. Legitimizing the sport or the company does not mean cutting top ten fighters. That's a dead giveaway that wins, losses and longevity mean nothing. It's decisions like this that contribute to the sport looking like a boxing/pro wrestling hybrid to people unfamiliar with the sport and it's history. Phone Post

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.