UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dana explains Okami cut reason in detail

9/28/13 2:31 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGPTT_Rear Naked Chode
462 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caseharts -  The key here is . Was Okamis contract up?? If it was and they didn't resign him are they forced to resign him?
I love Okami but In that hypothetical situation explain to be are they obligated to sign him? Phone Post

I'm pretty sure the ufc can end any contact they want, barring its not a contract they bought out that was written in another org.
9/28/13 2:32 AM
caseharts
396 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
UGPTT_Rear Naked Chode -
caseharts -  The key here is . Was Okamis contract up?? If it was and they didn't resign him are they forced to resign him?
I love Okami but In that hypothetical situation explain to be are they obligated to sign him? Phone Post

I'm pretty sure the ufc can end any contact they want, barring its not a contract they bought out that was written in another org.
I know they can. I'm stating this as a hypothetical situation where they could choose not to resign him. There is a difference Phone Post
9/28/13 2:34 AM
ChaosOverkill
568 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caseharts - 
ChaosOverkill -

That's not a cut then, that's a opting not to renew and I don't remember it happening to a top 10 fighter besides Rampage who didn't want to anyways.

I agree but can you hold it against them if they choose not to resign him?? What if they requested less money etc? We don't know. I think he deserved another fight and if it was the end of his contract keep him on a fight to fight basis but if he loses his next fight cut him Phone Post

Dana would normally tell us that, and letting a top 10 guy go is one of those "Don't trade him to a team in our divison so he can come back and hurt us" kind of things.

9/28/13 2:35 AM
JosselEmin
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he didn't mention Okami I would've guess he was talking about Bisping. .. Phone Post
9/28/13 2:35 AM
UGPTT_Rear Naked Chode
462 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caseharts - 
UGPTT_Rear Naked Chode -

I know they can. I'm stating this as a hypothetical situation where they could choose not to resign him. There is a difference Phone Post

Ok, I see your question is more rhetorical i guess. No they aren't obligated to resign anyone.
9/28/13 2:36 AM
caseharts
396 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
ChaosOverkill -
caseharts - 
ChaosOverkill -

That's not a cut then, that's a opting not to renew and I don't remember it happening to a top 10 fighter besides Rampage who didn't want to anyways.

I agree but can you hold it against them if they choose not to resign him?? What if they requested less money etc? We don't know. I think he deserved another fight and if it was the end of his contract keep him on a fight to fight basis but if he loses his next fight cut him Phone Post

Dana would normally tell us that, and letting a top 10 guy go is one of those "Don't trade him to a team in our divison so he can come back and hurt us" kind of things.

I dunt see how Okami can hurt them? If he goes to bellator he's definitely the best champ there. Phone Post
9/28/13 2:37 AM
caseharts

Pugilistics MMA
UGPTT_Rear Naked Chode -
caseharts - 
UGPTT_Rear Naked Chode -

Ok, I see your question is more rhetorical i guess. No they aren't obligated to resign anyone.
Yup and is it ethically more or less wrong. I'd like to see the context of the contract Phone Post
9/28/13 2:37 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  Marquardt and Munoz were pretty freaking big back to back wins. Phone Post

Nah totally worthless for the purposes of justifying the cut. 

Wait didn't WEidman get a titleshot for beating that Munoz guy?

Yeah he did. I get what Dana's saying and all that but Okami really did everything he could in a division but become champ, and his division had the greatest champ in MMA history.

I never felt like he got quite enough credit from fans for how good he was. Phone Post
9/28/13 2:38 AM
Standup29

Well main point already given. Still in for contract not renewed confirmation from Dana. Phone Post
9/28/13 2:38 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caseharts -
ChaosOverkill -
caseharts - 
ChaosOverkill -

I dunt see how Okami can hurt them? If he goes to bellator he's definitely the best champ there. Phone Post
Idk if he'd be better than Curran or Chandler but he'd very likely run that division. Phone Post
9/28/13 2:40 AM
shaqitup
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he would beat 75% of the middleweight division.

Uriah hall is fighting chris leben, two guys he would beat with relative ease.

9/28/13 2:41 AM
UGPTT_Rear Naked Chode

Fuckin goof logic. If these up and comers can't beat the likes of okami they don't deserve his spot in the company... goof.
9/28/13 2:44 AM
ChaosOverkill
568 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
ChaosOverkill -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  Marquardt and Munoz were pretty freaking big back to back wins. Phone Post

Nah totally worthless for the purposes of justifying the cut. 

Wait didn't WEidman get a titleshot for beating that Munoz guy?

Yeah he did. I get what Dana's saying and all that but Okami really did everything he could in a division but become champ, and his division had the greatest champ in MMA history.

I never felt like he got quite enough credit from fans for how good he was. Phone Post

That's how I feel, he wasn't a dynamo fighter but he was very game and I appreciated his skills.

9/28/13 2:45 AM
OCMikey
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My labia are hurting Phone Post 3.0
9/28/13 2:46 AM
ChaosOverkill

Edited: 09/28/13 2:46 AM
caseharts - 
ChaosOverkill -
caseharts - 
ChaosOverkill -

By having easier competition (for the most part) and Ironically developping as a draw for Bellator by getting more finish opportunities. I mean he obliterated their far above MW champion's grappling skills who was hyped as this Judo monster.

This isn't Tito or Rampage Yushin has years left to fight

9/28/13 2:48 AM
caseharts

Pugilistics MMA
ChaosOverkill -
caseharts - 
ChaosOverkill -
caseharts - 
ChaosOverkill -

By having easier competition (for the most part) and Ironically developping as a draw for Bellator by getting more finish opportunities. I mean he obliterated their far above MW champion's grappling skills who was hyped as this Judo monster.

I don't see him being a bigger draw than shlemenko but that's me. He would control shlemenko maybe sub him late. But big draw idk.

I think Okami should go to one fc and build his brand in asia where the ufc always wanted him to Phone Post
9/28/13 2:50 AM
UGPTT_Rear Naked Chode

By this logic, Dana, you should cut Anderson and free up all that Anderson Silva money so you can hire the fighters ranked 150-200.
9/28/13 2:51 AM
MMOZ

Why hasn't he cut Bisping then if he is cutting gatekeepers now? Phone Post 3.0
9/28/13 2:51 AM
ChaosOverkill

caseharts - 
ChaosOverkill -
caseharts - 
ChaosOverkill -
caseharts - 
ChaosOverkill -

I don't see him being a bigger draw than shlemenko but that's me. He would control shlemenko maybe sub him late. But big draw idk.

I think Okami should go to one fc and build his brand in asia where the ufc always wanted him to Phone Post

No no you're not getting what I mean, by being a better finisher he helps the overall drawing power of Bellatot by being a new draw for Bellator that's beating people badly.

9/28/13 2:53 AM
ChaosOverkill

Edited: 09/28/13 2:53 AM

He wouldn't be taking drawing power away from anyone else in Bellator just adding to Bellator and helping them add to their product as a choice in situations where they may want to put an event close to UFC night.

9/28/13 2:54 AM
Chris67

bullshit drama aside I look forward to seeing Okami fight elsewhere. He is an amazing talent and will continue to get his due. Business is business and I understand(somewhat) the cut.
9/28/13 2:55 AM
caseharts

Pugilistics MMA
ChaosOverkill -
caseharts - 
ChaosOverkill -
caseharts - 
ChaosOverkill -
caseharts - 
ChaosOverkill -

No no you're not getting what I mean, by being a better finisher he helps the overall drawing power of Bellatot by being a new draw for Bellator that's beating people badly.

I get it but I don't know if he can finish shlemenko Though. Phone Post
9/28/13 2:56 AM
caseharts

Pugilistics MMA
ChaosOverkill -

He wouldn't be taking drawing power away from anyone else in Bellator just adding to Bellator and helping them add to their product as a choice in situations where they may want to put an event close to UFC night.

I don't see bellator being able to do a lot with him out side of being a dominant champ. Do you think he'd out draw askeren Phone Post
9/28/13 2:56 AM
ChaosOverkill

caseharts - 
ChaosOverkill -
caseharts - 
ChaosOverkill -
caseharts - 
ChaosOverkill -
caseharts - 
ChaosOverkill -

I get it but I don't know if he can finish shlemenko Though. Phone Post

Doesn't need to, just the guys leading up to him and be a decent nemesis for him, that's where the draw lies, in a competitive option for their champ the same way it's annoying the UFC won't jump on GUS vs Jones II as Gus has put himself as the clear best evident nemesis for Jones right now.

9/28/13 2:58 AM
ChaosOverkill

caseharts - 
ChaosOverkill -

I don't see bellator being able to do a lot with him out side of being a dominant champ. Do you think he'd out draw askeren Phone Post

Yeah cause he has some base of support and actually has some finishes, given some far lesser opponents he knows how to finish guys where as ASkren seems to balk at commiting to trying.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.