UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Sergio Pettis fights tonight

9/29/13 1:00 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
nolabrum
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would they be the first brothers to hold UFC titles? I know it's a bit soon but it's possible. Phone Post 3.0
9/29/13 2:48 AM
AMartElbow
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 -

Good for Pettis, hope to see a video of the fight.

He is def ready to get a shot, maybe one more fight in the RFA at the end of the year or early next year and then he will get the call to the UFC.

The question is will it be at Flyweight or BW?  He said on mmajunkie this wasnt a permanent move to BW yet, that he can still fight at BW or Fly but he is young and it is getting harder to make the weight.

I say he try to get in the UFC as a Flyweight.  The div needs more fighters and prospects and he would be a big name prospect in the div.  BW is gonna be his home in the UFC at some point thought but I say try Flyweight first just to get in the door.

I say defend the RFA Flyweight title one more time.

He was offered a contract at 5-0. He said he wants more experience before coming in. He's still only 19 Phone Post 3.0
9/29/13 2:50 AM
Pancake Syrup Ali
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AMartElbow - 
Chris27 -

Good for Pettis, hope to see a video of the fight.

He is def ready to get a shot, maybe one more fight in the RFA at the end of the year or early next year and then he will get the call to the UFC.

The question is will it be at Flyweight or BW?  He said on mmajunkie this wasnt a permanent move to BW yet, that he can still fight at BW or Fly but he is young and it is getting harder to make the weight.

I say he try to get in the UFC as a Flyweight.  The div needs more fighters and prospects and he would be a big name prospect in the div.  BW is gonna be his home in the UFC at some point thought but I say try Flyweight first just to get in the door.

I say defend the RFA Flyweight title one more time.

He was offered a contract at 5-0. He said he wants more experience before coming in. He's still only 19 Phone Post 3.0

He turned 20 i think 2 weeks ago. Still young regardless though

9/29/13 2:52 AM
UVolt
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Sergio makes for a very entertaining matchup with DJ. He's never fought another Flyweight with the standup of Sergio's caliber, and his ground game is no slouch either. And he's only getting better! Maybe book him a few warm up fights to see how he does on the big show, and then you have a Flyweight title fight that will surely sell some tickets. Phone Post 3.0
9/29/13 7:24 AM
Broady
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's looking sick but DJ and Benevidez are studs, does he have the defensive wrestling to hang with them? Training with Askern can only be a good thing mind you. Phone Post
9/29/13 12:33 PM
Chris27

Here is video of the fight last night.

9/29/13 12:46 PM
Malvert the Janitor
808 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good jiu jitsu. Phone Post 3.0
9/29/13 1:07 PM
obi1

slick jj.. War Pettis familia!

The wrestling in that weight class at the top is going to be something he has to get used to. Takedown defense is obviously big fighting ufc dudes.. Looks like a solid prospect and obviously his D.n.a. doesnt hurt

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.