UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Change "Cut/Released" to what it really is.

9/28/13 5:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AssAssassin
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FIRING.

This is some ones job. If they do poorly (aka lose, then firing them can make some sense). Clever propaganda for them to abuse fighters...

But FIRING some one for no good reason is EVIL.
9/28/13 10:08 PM
Treedoc
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I believe the fighters are independent contractors, so no they're not firing them.
They're no longer using their services.
9/28/13 10:10 PM
danggook

Released sounds more positive, like hey were not holding him down anymore, we released him Phone Post
9/28/13 10:14 PM
gokudamus stole my name iv

Firing implies they don't want them back.

Nearly all guys who are released come back if they get some wins.
9/28/13 10:15 PM
rMar89
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's sports; they always call it cut/released. Phone Post
9/28/13 10:17 PM
3 Sided Square
225 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do you champion for this change in every other sport too, since players are always released/cut?
9/28/13 10:53 PM
XxLiveBaitxX
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

More like not re-signed after x amount of fights under contract.

Or, it's when a fighters' agent may have been asking too big a contract and Zuffa didn't want to agree. Zuffa would have kept Okami for a bargain price (regardless of recent streak).

So, when Dana says "I fired/cut him/her", it's a cunty way of saying we didn't extend fighters' contract.

9/29/13 10:31 AM
LoganClark
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

XxLiveBaitxX - More like not re-signed after x amount of fights under contract.

Or, it's when a fighters' agent may have been asking too big a contract and Zuffa didn't want to agree. Zuffa would have kept Okami for a bargain price (regardless of recent streak).

So, when Dana says "I fired/cut him/her", it's a cunty way of saying we didn't extend fighters' contract.

Only a few guys (Kongo) leave at the end of contracts. Most are guys who are released from the remaining bouts on their contract following a loss.
9/29/13 10:33 AM
neonbelly

Fighters are contractors, not employees, firing is an inapplicable term unless the UFC kicks a fighter out mid-fight.

9/29/13 10:58 AM
Kirik
1367 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor

Contract says if you lose, you can be released. So if a contracted athlete loses and is released, I call it a release. It is pretty normal. If someone throws a punch late or something unusual, that is more like a firing.

9/29/13 11:04 AM
Herring In A Fur Coat

FightMatrix.com, MMA Rankings
Treedoc - I believe the fighters are independent contractors, so no they're not firing them.

Right you are, joe.

9/29/13 2:27 PM
UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman

Treedoc - I believe the fighters are independent contractors, so no they're not firing them.
This. End the thread in one post. Phone Post
9/29/13 2:38 PM
thatcpjguy

AssAssassin - FIRING.

This is some ones job. If they do poorly (aka lose, then firing them can make some sense). Clever propaganda for them to abuse fighters...

Happens all the time in 'right to work states' like Nevada. Sucks sometimes when you're an employee and while unions can be shady, they definitely provide much needed job protection in certain cases where it's needed. Phone Post 3.0
9/29/13 3:49 PM
Haulport

AssAssassin - FIRING.

Maybe they fired him because he is FUCKING BORING and sports is ENTERTAINMENT...

He only wins against top competition because the decade+ old Unified Rules are SHIT and laying someone for 15 mins isn't winning a fight anywhere in the WORLD besides inside the OCTAGON where "it's as real as it gets!"
9/29/13 4:41 PM
Chromium
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They're independent contractors on an exclusive contract, they're not employees earning a wage or salary. They don't even get a monthly stipend.

9/29/13 4:45 PM
Pessimist_Pete

AssAssassin - FIRING.

Some one v. someone Phone Post 3.0
9/29/13 4:51 PM
RockTheVote
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its more like a major league baseball team sending a player to the minors. They're saying "fix this problem against weaker guys with less pressure. If you succeed well call u back." Phone Post
9/30/13 3:17 PM
AssAssassin

Lol, the amount of coldness towards a person trying to make a living saying that its okay to affect some ones livelihood because he is only a "contractor" sounds like a total cop out on a technically.

A Fighter fights for life, maybe not in the UFC, but to say his Job is temporary and thus firing for no reason is okay just show no one in this thread has a fucking clue.

Its a cold and ugly world we live in.
9/30/13 3:23 PM
zedlepln
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AssAssassin - Lol, the amount of coldness towards a person trying to make a living saying that its okay to affect some ones livelihood because he is only a "contractor" sounds like a total cop out on a technically.

A Fighter fights for life, maybe not in the UFC, but to say his Job is temporary and thus firing for no reason is okay just show no one in this thread has a fucking clue.

So, you solicit feedback in a thread. Then, because you don't like the feedback you get, you declare everyone else, several of whom are in the business, to not have "a fucking clue." Crass and petty of you, I think. 

Then again, much of the time that I see people try to redefine terms to make them more palatable, they are crass and petty.

9/30/13 3:35 PM
AssAssassin

zedlepln - 
AssAssassin - Lol, the amount of coldness towards a person trying to make a living saying that its okay to affect some ones livelihood because he is only a "contractor" sounds like a total cop out on a technically.

So, you solicit feedback in a thread. Then, because you don't like the feedback you get, you declare everyone else, several of whom are in the business, to not have "a fucking clue." Crass and petty of you, I think. 

Then again, much of the time that I see people try to redefine terms to make them more palatable, they are crass and petty.

Cold and ugly. Keep proving my point.
9/30/13 3:41 PM
Vasechkin

For everyone that got released, someone else was brought in.

It's up to UFC to decide who deserves it more new guy, or old guy.

One of them will get a short end of a stick. Why Blame UFC for it?

9/30/13 3:42 PM
zedlepln
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AssAssassin - 
zedlepln - 

You're welcome. Just to understand, the adjectives of "crass" and "petty" are "cold and ugly" in your world view, yet a simple difference of opinion warrants a label of not having "a fucking clue?" It makes me wonder why you be drawn to combat sports, or any form of competition for that matter.

9/30/13 3:48 PM
AssAssassin

zedlepln - 
AssAssassin - 
zedlepln - 

You're welcome. Just to understand, the adjectives of "crass" and "petty" are "cold and ugly" in your world view, yet a simple difference of opinion warrants a label of not having "a fucking clue?" It makes me wonder why you be drawn to combat sports, or any form of competition for that matter.

I will admit I am not a MMA fighter, but every one is a fighter of some kind because life can be that way. I fight within the realm of abstract mathematics, the "roster" and "talent" pool is smaller and more harsh than the UFC. Unless you get Tenure somewhere being a post-doc research mathematician is a battle because of technicalities like CONTRACTS, and if the university doesn't have the budget, I can be "Cut" aka FIRED regardless of my work.

So before you go insulting my intelligence and resort to the "You'd never be a fighter"-tough-guy argument, consider that you are the one arguing semantics.

The bottom line is Okami was released for unjustified reasons, and you cannot dispute that.
9/30/13 3:56 PM
zedlepln

AssAssassin - 
zedlepln - 
AssAssassin - 
zedlepln - 

I will admit I am not a MMA fighter, but every one is a fighter of some kind because life can be that way. I fight within the realm of abstract mathematics, the "roster" and "talent" pool is smaller and more harsh than the UFC. Unless you get Tenure somewhere being a post-doc research mathematician is a battle because of technicalities like CONTRACTS, and if the university doesn't have the budget, I can be "Cut" aka FIRED regardless of my work.

So before you go insulting my intelligence and resort to the "You'd never be a fighter"-tough-guy argument, consider that you are the one arguing semantics.

The bottom line is Okami was released for unjustified reasons, and you cannot dispute that.

I'm not disputing that releasing Okami was absurd. It was. Shame on Zuffa.

I'm disputing that everyone else on this thread, in your words, doesn't have a clue. Instead of dismissing dissenting opinions, embrace it. But implying that Kirik and Logan (much less everyone else in this thread) are clueless does nothing positive for you. Shame on you.

9/30/13 4:08 PM
AssAssassin

zedlepln - 
AssAssassin - 
zedlepln - 
AssAssassin - 
zedlepln - 

I'm not disputing that releasing Okami was absurd. It was. Shame on Zuffa.

I'm disputing that everyone else on this thread, in your words, doesn't have a clue. Instead of dismissing dissenting opinions, embrace it. But implying that Kirik and Logan (much less everyone else in this thread) are clueless does nothing positive for you. Shame on you.

Sorry but I don't recognize "names" or forum "cred" or whatever you guys whom think the number of posts correlates to the size of their e-penis.

I dont know Kirik nor Logan. Based on what they said I stand by my statement.

Sorry, but I feel no shame for not respecting your e-dick credit points or whatever you want to call your internet forum-cred. Congrats on that btw.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.