UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Wand and Chael restrained at Olympia expo

9/29/13 2:11 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RJB
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FOTN - Apparently that footage was filmed on the new iPotato.

HA HA HA HA. Fucking hilarious.

VTFU
9/29/13 2:12 AM
Evilzpet
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If I had a dollar for each pixel in that vid I would have one dollar

9/29/13 2:29 AM
Jambo888
497 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good buildup

9/29/13 2:34 AM
Toquinho
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wand doing a good job trying create interest and maximisr ppv buys.

Even though i realise this is fake as hell i lmfao and am more interested in chael vs wand than rashad so wand is doing :D Phone Post 3.0
9/29/13 2:48 AM
Suplush
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gabemadrid - Why was wand walking with security in tow before the confrontation? Phone Post 3.0
To hold him back bro Phone Post
9/29/13 3:12 AM
UGCTT_Bromovich
487 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haha epic...

9/29/13 5:00 AM
FOTN
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The whole thing looks really staged, except for the very start when Sonnen gives out this weird, strangled sounding, "Oh no!" when Wand approaches him.
9/29/13 5:19 AM
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wouldn't be shocked if Chael didn't know. He just goes in there with his camera guy to make a video for his fans. He knows nothing will happen and hopefully they can make Chael look bad in the process.
9/29/13 5:55 AM
billaabum
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Imagine this whole feud was concocted by Chael and Wanderlei had no idea ! In for real beef Phone Post 3.0
9/29/13 5:58 AM
eXtv
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This beef is so fake it's not even funny. Chael's reaction just stinks of him knowing it was going to happen beforehand.
9/29/13 6:05 AM
Matt Phillips
783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This needs to happen on a Fox card, with a 24/7 type build up

9/29/13 6:05 AM
Devlin
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

St Louis Stroke - Wand is nothing but a joke these days! Phone Post
yep, Stann found him hilarious. Phone Post
9/29/13 6:06 AM
Devlin
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fedor99 - If this was 2006 Wanderlei Silva that was likely juiced up on steroids, had a great chin, & good athleticism, Wanderlei might hurt Chael. All those that say Chael would just take him down in a street fight forget that mma rules heavily favor wrestlers like Chael by not allowing knees & kicks to grounded opponents, back of head strikes, & downward elbow strikes.

As it stands currently though, Chael would either knock him out (underrated boxing) or immediately take him down & batter him until the fight is stopped by a bad cut.
When has chael ko'ed anyone, he hits like a prime bisping. Phone Post
9/29/13 6:07 AM
Chiron
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vikingknee - Lol at not picking the wrestler in a street fight. Worst case scenario for Chael he holds onto wand until it's broken up. He'd never be in danger. Phone Post 3.0

Contrary to the myth, wrestling actually isn't more effective in a street fight than in MMA against a skilled opponent. If anything it's the opposite to some degree. This idea that the wrestler just drops the guy on his head is largely a myth. If they could slam opponents so easily they would be doing it in the cage constantly already to inflict more damage, instead we rarely see a takedown do any damage. It's just as likely the wrestler cracks his own skull on the concrete on the takedown. And what if the fight is on grass? Plus, whereas in MMA you can devote your hands to holding a guy without having to worry about dirty countermoves, the same doesn't apply in a street fight. While you're trying to hold onto him, he's got his fingers in your eyes, his hands wrapped around your throat, ripping your ears off, etc, if he chooses too. You're not going to just hold the guy down as easily as in MMA either. He can kick you in your spine with his heels until your kidneys and lower back are torn up. And God forbid you don't get the takedown right away because then you may end up getting a bunch of elbows to the back of the head and spine. Wrestling is slightly less effective in a street fight than in MMA with all the rules to protect it and the artificial points that the scoring criteria give for control. BJJ (traditional, not sport-emphasized) and catch wrestling is actually a little more effective as is striking.

That's why when Wanderlei confronted Chael a few years ago Chael started getting all polite and the same when Anderson did as well. I actually like Chael, and he would win the MMA match but Wand takes it in a street fight.
9/29/13 6:10 AM
A bag of ricin
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wand wants to motherfoc Chael. Phone Post
9/29/13 6:14 AM
Chiron
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3 Sided Square - 
Chiron - 
Kenny Baxter - Brazilians want no part of a true American street fight. Charles Benette knocked Wand out.

Guess you missed the time that Wand confronted Chael and Chael cowered and got all polite.

LMAO Brazilians wanting no part of an American street fight.

I still can't believe people think Chael was scared in the van. Not only was he in the advantageous seat in the van while Wand was squished in the third row, he just nodded his head yeah because Wand can't speak English that well.

Do you people not have grandparents or random strangers that you just tune out when they are speaking, it was closer to that.

Holy crap, you actually believe that nonsense you just made up don't you? You guys really are delusional.
9/29/13 6:36 AM
crazydave
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chael via easy payday.

9/29/13 8:33 AM
MattyECB
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jackson_Junior - 
Kenny Baxter - Brazilians want no part of a true American street fight. Charles Benette knocked Wand out.
Bennent is a crack head why would anyone take his wors Phone Post 3.0

Someone's gotta post the ODB's back-room brawl with Chute-Boxe...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-Quq64atGg
9/29/13 8:33 AM
MattyECB
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/29/13 8:33 AM
Edit: Mispost
9/29/13 8:39 AM
MattyECB

Chiron - 
Vikingknee - Lol at not picking the wrestler in a street fight. Worst case scenario for Chael he holds onto wand until it's broken up. He'd never be in danger. Phone Post 3.0

Contrary to the myth, wrestling actually isn't more effective in a street fight than in MMA against a skilled opponent. If anything it's the opposite to some degree. This idea that the wrestler just drops the guy on his head is largely a myth. If they could slam opponents so easily they would be doing it in the cage constantly already to inflict more damage, instead we rarely see a takedown do any damage. It's just as likely the wrestler cracks his own skull on the concrete on the takedown. And what if the fight is on grass? Plus, whereas in MMA you can devote your hands to holding a guy without having to worry about dirty countermoves, the same doesn't apply in a street fight. While you're trying to hold onto him, he's got his fingers in your eyes, his hands wrapped around your throat, ripping your ears off, etc, if he chooses too. You're not going to just hold the guy down as easily as in MMA either. He can kick you in your spine with his heels until your kidneys and lower back are torn up. And God forbid you don't get the takedown right away because then you may end up getting a bunch of elbows to the back of the head and spine. Wrestling is slightly less effective in a street fight than in MMA with all the rules to protect it and the artificial points that the scoring criteria give for control. BJJ (traditional, not sport-emphasized) and catch wrestling is actually a little more effective as is striking.

That's why when Wanderlei confronted Chael a few years ago Chael started getting all polite and the same when Anderson did as well. I actually like Chael, and he would win the MMA match but Wand takes it in a street fight.

Just not true at all.

I box and do Muay Thai and it's been incredibly helpful when I've, unfortunately, had to defend myself. It's incredibly useful you don't go on the ground and leave yourself vulnerable, and you can strike then run the fuck out in case some dudes got his buds with him

I also have a friend who does Judo very seriously, a mediocre (White Belt) BJJ friend, and another friend who picked up wrestling in uni, never having done it in High School.

All have been insanely effective at defending themselves, and the wrestler has been more than able to ruin someone else on multiple occasions. He's most definitely dropped someone on concrete, which may have not cracked the guy's skull, but concussed him / stunned him long enough for my bud to punch him a few times then gtfo

And the one time I've seen him drop someone where the guy didn't seem fazed, well, he had a pretty easy time headbutting once he had top-control. Any style can be effective in a street fight, it's about the person imo, not the style itself
9/29/13 8:40 AM
MattyECB

^^ But all that is completely fucking moot anyways lol

What does a street fight have to do with an MMA fight?
9/29/13 8:49 AM
MattyECB

Chiron - 
3 Sided Square - 
Chiron - 
Kenny Baxter - Brazilians want no part of a true American street fight. Charles Benette knocked Wand out.

Guess you missed the time that Wand confronted Chael and Chael cowered and got all polite.

I still can't believe people think Chael was scared in the van. Not only was he in the advantageous seat in the van while Wand was squished in the third row, he just nodded his head yeah because Wand can't speak English that well.

Do you people not have grandparents or random strangers that you just tune out when they are speaking, it was closer to that.

Holy crap, you actually believe that nonsense you just made up don't you? You guys really are delusional.

Anyone who thinks either of these fighters are afraid is a fucking idiot.

Imo it's a clear situation, while I'd say Wand would easily win this in his prime, he's been pretty damn one-dimensional and would get grapplefucked, especially considering how beautiful Sonnen's performance against Rua was

Sonnen doesn't really have anything against Wand, it's just another gimme fight against an aged fighter with an incredible legacy, and one where he wouldn't need to take any damage as long as he's confident in his wrestling and his ability to control where the fight takes place.

That Wand's Brazilian only makes it better since it feeds into his silly bitch moments with AS when trying to get the belt and PPV points

And while I'm sure Wand wants to smash Sonnen's face in, the very fact that he demanded PPV points makes me think he,

1, recognizes why Sonnen is shit-talking and just how beneficial that would be to himself
(he probably prefers him to shit talk then suddenly choose politeness and waste a cash-opportunity)

2, recognizes that this is a terrible match-up for him.

2. doesn't mean he's afraid in any way shape or form, just that this is clearly a shitty stylistic match up for him. If anything, he's afraid he won't get hurt lol Wand would rather a self-destructive and monstrous brawl than to be forced into a slow grappling match.

I think this fight'll happen though. It was a big fuck you to Wanderlei's old Chute-Boxe buddies to see Shogun so handily finished
9/29/13 10:13 AM
GodSaveTheReem
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MattyECB - 
Chiron - 
3 Sided Square - 
Chiron - 

Anyone who thinks either of these fighters are afraid is a fucking idiot.

Imo it's a clear situation, while I'd say Wand would easily win this in his prime, he's been pretty damn one-dimensional and would get grapplefucked, especially considering how beautiful Sonnen's performance against Rua was

Sonnen doesn't really have anything against Wand, it's just another gimme fight against an aged fighter with an incredible legacy, and one where he wouldn't need to take any damage as long as he's confident in his wrestling and his ability to control where the fight takes place.

That Wand's Brazilian only makes it better since it feeds into his silly bitch moments with AS when trying to get the belt and PPV points

And while I'm sure Wand wants to smash Sonnen's face in, the very fact that he demanded PPV points makes me think he,

1, recognizes why Sonnen is shit-talking and just how beneficial that would be to himself
(he probably prefers him to shit talk then suddenly choose politeness and waste a cash-opportunity)

2, recognizes that this is a terrible match-up for him.

2. doesn't mean he's afraid in any way shape or form, just that this is clearly a shitty stylistic match up for him. If anything, he's afraid he won't get hurt lol Wand would rather a self-destructive and monstrous brawl than to be forced into a slow grappling match.

I think this fight'll happen though. It was a big fuck you to Wanderlei's old Chute-Boxe buddies to see Shogun so handily finished

I disagree, I think if a fighter realizes that another fighter is a 'bad-style' for them then they actually are afraid. He is afraid that he isn't good enough to beat sonnen, that his skill set will be unable to help him.
9/29/13 10:19 AM
GodSaveTheReem
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chiron - 

The "well he will fight dirty" arguement is the dumbest one possible, and always works under the assumption that only one guy will fight dirty while the other fights clean...which isn't reality.

"You're not going to just hold the guy down as easily as in MMA either. He can kick you in your spine with his heels until your kidneys and lower back are torn up." -seriouly?! that is the secret to getting up in a street fight...a weak strike that has absolutely no substantial power behind it? Even IF a person on their back swung their leg far back enough to generate enough power for it to do something, they are giving up an easy guard pass.
9/29/13 10:56 AM
Shogun121
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/29/13 10:57 AM
"teamquestnorth - In for the video"

Im still asking for this.

Im not sure what i watched but it was no video from this century with that quality.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.