UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Wand and Chael restrained at Olympia expo

9/29/13 11:06 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
charms434
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does anyone have the vid of the bus ride about a yr. ago where wand just was furious w/ Chael. And Chael chose to stay cool.
I like both guys but I love Wand. He's a fighters fighter. The face of Pride. Had some of the greatest moments in mma history and nobody NOBODY treats their fans better.
It would be a fantastic fight. Phone Post 3.0
9/29/13 11:54 AM
Sprawl'n'Stall
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It does look fake but who knows? Wanderlai has had legit beef with a lot if guys. Rampage and him really hyped it up in Pride for their 2 fights, but it was 100% real animosity.

And Chael has a way to insult Brazilians LOL So I'd say it's real, but I don't think Wand wanted to fight. He probably just wanted to insult Chael to his face, but tempers can boil over when you're that close...

9/29/13 11:56 AM
crumbs
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a fan of both, but after watching the wand vid on mmafighting, I'm slightly more of a fan of chaels.

He's the king of hype. Wand needs a camera crew and a script, Chael just needs to open his mouth.
9/29/13 12:26 PM
eXtv
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

crumbs - I'm a fan of both, but after watching the wand vid on mmafighting, I'm slightly more of a fan of chaels.

He's the king of hype. Wand needs a camera crew and a script, Chael just needs to open his mouth.

Chael needs to rip off Superstar Billy Graham and Mr. Perfect promo's from the 1980's and all of his shit is scripted. Don't for a second think he comes up with any of that stuff on the spot.
9/29/13 12:29 PM
GodSaveTheReem
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

eXtv - 
crumbs - I'm a fan of both, but after watching the wand vid on mmafighting, I'm slightly more of a fan of chaels.

Chael needs to rip off Superstar Billy Graham and Mr. Perfect promo's from the 1980's and all of his shit is scripted. Don't for a second think he comes up with any of that stuff on the spot.

maybe he doesn't come up with it himself...but his delivery is spot on.

Wand seems like he is trying too hard.
9/29/13 12:44 PM
crumbs

eXtv - 

Your taking like he was trying to steal material and get away with it.

It's called paying homage, the same way jay z uses verses from notorious big.

We're you really that stupid to believe Chael was trying to steal material from
Famous wrestling legends???!!

I won't believe your that dumb, I'll chalk it up to you just wanting to hate, no one is that stupid.
9/29/13 12:45 PM
Tolstolobic

Rambo John J -

Chael would enter the Coma Zone.

Eye pokes to Soccer kicks to Stomps to hospital.

Takedowns mean very little, in a Barfight boys.

Well said john Phone Post
9/29/13 1:05 PM
CaptainWoody
357 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GodSaveTheReem - 
MattyECB - 
Chiron - 
3 Sided Square - 
Chiron - 
Kenny Baxter - Brazilians want no part of a true American street fight. Charles Benette knocked Wand out.

Guess you missed the time that Wand confronted Chael and Chael cowered and got all polite.

LMAO Brazilians wanting no part of an American street fight.

I still can't believe people think Chael was scared in the van. Not only was he in the advantageous seat in the van while Wand was squished in the third row, he just nodded his head yeah because Wand can't speak English that well.

Do you people not have grandparents or random strangers that you just tune out when they are speaking, it was closer to that.

Holy crap, you actually believe that nonsense you just made up don't you? You guys really are delusional.

Anyone who thinks either of these fighters are afraid is a fucking idiot.

Imo it's a clear situation, while I'd say Wand would easily win this in his prime, he's been pretty damn one-dimensional and would get grapplefucked, especially considering how beautiful Sonnen's performance against Rua was

Sonnen doesn't really have anything against Wand, it's just another gimme fight against an aged fighter with an incredible legacy, and one where he wouldn't need to take any damage as long as he's confident in his wrestling and his ability to control where the fight takes place.

That Wand's Brazilian only makes it better since it feeds into his silly bitch moments with AS when trying to get the belt and PPV points

And while I'm sure Wand wants to smash Sonnen's face in, the very fact that he demanded PPV points makes me think he,

1, recognizes why Sonnen is shit-talking and just how beneficial that would be to himself
(he probably prefers him to shit talk then suddenly choose politeness and waste a cash-opportunity)

2, recognizes that this is a terrible match-up for him.

2. doesn't mean he's afraid in any way shape or form, just that this is clearly a shitty stylistic match up for him. If anything, he's afraid he won't get hurt lol Wand would rather a self-destructive and monstrous brawl than to be forced into a slow grappling match.

I think this fight'll happen though. It was a big fuck you to Wanderlei's old Chute-Boxe buddies to see Shogun so handily finished

I disagree, I think if a fighter realizes that another fighter is a 'bad-style' for them then they actually are afraid. He is afraid that he isn't good enough to beat sonnen, that his skill set will be unable to help him.

I disagree with all three of you.

Both fighters are scared, every fighter is scared.

Chael in his book said he was scared in every fight, he said all fighters are and this has been said by many other fighters as well. They are human and have emotions just like the rest of us
9/29/13 1:22 PM
GodSaveTheReem
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^technically i never said chael wasn't scare...did i imply it? Yes...but i never said it. I can pretend to be right still.
9/29/13 1:28 PM
Kostakio
519 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barbasol OOTFFTT -

For subd

I watched this video in prebek's voice. Phone Post 3.0
9/29/13 1:41 PM
Ramsey

You remember being 10 years old an arguing about who's dad could beat who? That's what this thread reminds me of.
9/29/13 1:58 PM
C Willy
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chael ftw Phone Post 3.0
9/29/13 3:55 PM
sevr1

So...If Wand wants to fight Chael so bad, why doesn't he just sign the contract?!
9/29/13 4:05 PM
BobbyDigital420
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Morgz - This all feels very pro wrestling ish

I'd enjoy watching them fight tho Phone Post 3.0

I thought so too.

I think Wand and Chael are trying to build the fight, is wandy still not getting ppvs?

9/30/13 2:56 PM
John Nic

Dr Schopenhauer - Wanderlei really does not want another American street fighter. He was already sat down rapidly by leban who is from the same family as sonnen.

Brazillians just cannot muster it up for American street fighters. Nothing against Brazil but just different cultures/work ethics. Phone Post 3.0

one of the stupidest things i have ever read.
9/30/13 3:15 PM
TheJudge

This is a work, it has to be. I know that the discussion is long and gnarled but everything about this seemed setup. Maybe I need to watch again.
9/30/13 4:50 PM
Afragilesmile

I think it's a work to a degree too. Wandy seems to be hyping this up majorly and putting way too much production into these videos for no reason.
9/30/13 5:09 PM
MDubz

The fact of the matter is Chael publicly challenged and called Wand out several times including in the cage after destroying Shogun and Wand had every opportunity to accept. He ducked the fight and Chael moved on to a contract with Rashad. Now he's signed on for a different fight and all the sudden Wand is tough again? Lmao. There is litterally no way Wand can win this fight, he'd get ground and pounded out guaranteed. Phone Post 3.0
9/30/13 5:47 PM
IP

How do you get yourself all worked up, assemble your camera crew, and then confront someone......with no intent to get physical? What's the point? Hype....that I think backfired somewhat on Wand. Oh well. Let some time go by and use the footage in build-up if the fight becomes official.
9/30/13 6:11 PM
MrHughes1991

Wandy could've fought Chael by now but he won't. He'll look for reasons not to take the fight and then try to pull shit like this. Tries to make it look better for him but in my eyes Chael's coming off better in these videos. Everyone knows by now that Chael has tried and tried and tried to get this fight. Anyone that still sucks Wandy's dick about how much he'd kill Sonnen is delusional Phone Post 3.0
9/30/13 6:28 PM
tenchu

Chael wins the match.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.